Poll: New Vegas VS Fable 3

T3hJim

Sep 18, 2009
benderinTime said:
Personally, I thought both of these games were terrible, and a complete waste of money. New Vegas was the same as Fallout 3, with more bugs, and Fable just wasn't as fun for me compared to Lost Chapters or 2, which I both love.
Couldn't agree with your judgement on fable more. The only consoling feature of new vegas for me was that you could actually choose which faction to ally with. On the other hand, caesar's legion were obnoxious, the NCR were bureaucratic, and Mr House was too arrogant. This left me with just one choice, but at least it was a choice. Other than that I missed the variety of fallout 3, in missions, landscape and enemies. My 2 cents :)

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Hum between a once great game with an interesting interface and gameplay along with mechanics, with a compelling story that turned dissapointening thanks to its sequels, vs a buggy-ass game in wich you roam the mojave has a courier....

Yeah i prefer to roam then to sit and play fable 3 anyday.....

why?

In Fable you once were a great hero.... your village destroyed and your family killed, you shape yourself into a great hero or a great villain.... has a good beggining, a good middle to the story, a good ending and a epicly awsome true ending.... but unfortenatly it had a sequel..... that was boring from one tip to the other.... the system was good, but imperfect... gladly they solved it in fable 3.... but alas fable 3 like your predecessor (Fable2), you too had the same fate of a boring ending and quests that only made people ponder "thats it?".... now THERE WILL BE SPOILERS so mind your business people....

In Fable 3 your a prince, a boy born with a golden spoon in your mouth... (right from the start i hate the character)... then you roam the city and the lands to find your crazy brother is an opressive dictating asshole... so you escape to the world of Fable 3 and need to raise an army... (let me tell you the spell system is completely overpowered so yeah... just combine fire with frost and you beat the game easily)..... the fighting mechanis are not that bad, but the battles are so easy, that instead of an real enemy, a evil guy thats hard to beat, and you need your smarts to beat him.... they just send more enemies... and more enemies.... but dont you worry... here they come... even more enemies.... and when you tought the battle was over, think yet again... more annoying enemies....

So you continue to raise this army to go against your brother when you meet this new enemy... the creeper.... now what is the creeper? the creeper is the most annoying boss/ asshole you can ever encounter... they try to make you go trough a cave, while you wait for the goddam eternaly slow walter, while hearing to what seems a pedofile in the dark using this annoying ass voice, by saying stuff like "im going to get you" "surrender to the darkness" and my favourite "im going to kill you all".... wich repeats itself over and over and over in different contexts... anyway you defeat him, walter gets possessed, i dont give a dam, get out, meet desert people, make promise, go back to town... start a revolution, defeat your brother and voilá!!! You now have one year of stupid decisions like raise alcohol taxes to make people angry... wich is stupid... oh wait i shouldnt be saying this with 10 bottles of beer on my desk... ANYWAY....

you reach this climatic battle in wich you have to beat... the creeper.... now the only thing i liked in this... were the darkness people or demons or whatever you want to call them... the rest is, reach weak-ass boss, then OMG HE POSSESSED WALTER..... yeah i dont give a dam, kill walter, creature dies and THE END.... you get 2 or 3 minutes of whats going to happen with your heroes... i mean in fable 1 i had to kill jack of blades.... he was goddam awsome... in fable 2 i had to... stand and do nothing... in fable 3 you have to kill the weakest, most annoying, most irritating "i cant belive hes a boss" creature i could ever encounter.... wheres the epicness? Were they really trying to make me feel scared about that thing? i mean seriously!? yeah man whatever...

Now Fallout3NewVegas....

i liked to roam the Fallout 3 lands, to find the father, to save the world... so i would problably like New Vegas has well has much has it predecessor..... WRONG... when i first heard it was smaller, i wanted to bash my head in the wall.... but alas i did not and so my courier adventures began.... the first thing i loved was the hardcore mode.... that alone is worth the experience... so i followed my path, made some bad decisions and some good decisions, killed a lot of folks and glitched..... i glitched the hell out from the world in the most bugged game i ever encountered.... alas i cared not... till i found out that the button thats for solving these problems also doesnt let you get any achievment anymore, because your considered a cheater.... well thats fair... whilst i could just use a trainer... anyway... i persued my kilelr into the mojave and the new vegas, played the dlc recently (and loved it), and for god dammit, the story is compellign at first... then it gets boring... BUT, at the moment has i killed House, and got hold of his robot army.... HOLY GUACAMOLE.... i felt so overpowered... got all the factions, saved a president, fought a war, and marched with my kikass invencible robot army and kicked caesar right in the balls so hard, he spitted his spleen... and when the NCR came and thank me and treat me has someguy that doesnt deserve anything... VOILÁ my army of robots made them think otherwise.... i personnaly liked the multiple endings, but i feel sad for no replayability value, you beat the game and thats over.... i would like to start somekind of newgame+ in wich you maintained your levels, thraits and perks.... that would be interesting... and then you could play somekind of super hardcore mode.... or unlock hardcore mode after you beat the game, and get the oportunity to play it again on that mode....

but i digress....

so anyway summing everything up Fallout3NewVegas > Fable3....

anywhere, anytime....

N1ceDreamz

Mar 23, 2010
Dear lord fallout... Fable 3 felt rushed and unpolished, I swear when...
You become king/queen and make all the discisions then suddenly skip to the final battle I said wtfbbqsauce and had to go on with only a few hunderd thousand and now the kingdom is more less devoid of all live.
In Fable 3 the combat is even more easier then then previous entries in the series and for some reason they got rid of all the menus... and I'm sure they took out more good things then they kept/put in.
While Fallout: New Vegas is basicly fallout 3 but a bit more serious, so quoteing Yahtzee "yeah it's alright.

Hulkmania

Dec 31, 2010
The fallout series is something very special, it is plausible. And it has a bunch of nostalgia about the past. It teaches two lessons:

1) The present is not so bad, the future could be much worst
2) Nuclear weapons are a danger to life on earth.

Fable is just fantasy.

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
well i actually got them both for chrismas

and so far i have like fable 3 the only bad thing i see about it is that it is very short

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Palademon said:
Fable 3: futher sequels of dissappointment

New Vegas: an equally buggy sequel that apparently manages to make enough of a difference to own both it and 3
I don't get why people are so disappointed with the fable games, are you all expecting some sort of huge major specular best game ever or what? I always have low expectations on things witch make everything better. But why do people have to always expect the best game ever made? Fable 3 is definitely not the best game but its not bad either.

As for fallout new vegas, i have to agree, that massive amount of bugs on a game release is not acceptable, they should have the game at least playable at release, i know because i had to restart my game about 6 times because it bugged out and i was left stuck.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I stopped buying games from Obsidian after Alpha Protocol and Kotor 2. They blew their chance to make an impression on me and when I heard of all the bugs that plagued New Vegas I immediately just said "No."

Is it harsh to judge a games by its creators? Of course it is. Is that gonna make me change my mind and buy a game to support a company I dislike? Nope.

I don't like Obsidian. Plain and simple and I enjoyed Fable 3 immensely. I enjoyed the humor of it, I enjoyed the story and I enjoyed the world it took place in. I liked Fable 3. That's more then I can say for any Obsidian game I played.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
VS Threads are against the rules, expect this thread to be locked shortly.

OT: I liked Fable 3, and I never played New Vegas, apparently it was buggy as hell, and I had no interest in Fallout 3.

Ertol

Jul 8, 2010
Ya Fable 3 was overall a big disappointment. The only reason I spent any large amount of time doing side quests was because I wanted to be good, but still save everyone, so I had to kill time while my housing empire made me rich. Some funny stuff, a bit of enjoyment to be had in a quest or two, but other then that it was pretty bad.

Fallout New Vegas, I haven't played that too much. Only a few hours in, but so far really enjoyable. I like how they ramped up the difficulty a bit over Fallout 3, because I could breeze through that game. I do sort of miss the ability to just go randomly explore the wasteland without fear of getting my face owned, but now I've got Boone so I think I'll be ok. I feel like they took what Fallout 3 did right, brought back some good elements from Fallout 1 and 2, and added some pretty cool new features, so overall really well done. But they lose massive points for no Dogmeat. Even if he is completely useless he just has to be in the Fallout games but from what I heard there's a Robotic dog companion out there...and so begins my epic quest.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Fable 3 simply failed for me because the most hyped up portions were as follows:

No menus.
Rule the world.

Now, the sanctuary, yes is a fairly good idea, before the novelty runs out.
Menus have been around in games for so long, because they work...
Fable TLC had a fantastic inventory system that didn't involve going through menus.
But where was that in Fable 2 when I wanted to use more than one of an item?
Sadly that system is made worse by the sanctuary, I can't even see how many of a given item I have...

Rule the World... Now here's where it gets laughable... For a game that's shunned the menus, why is the 'biggest' part of the game a fucking check list?

Tddawg25

Apr 4, 2009
I guess i'm one of 6 people that actually liked Fable 3. I mean it has about as many RPG elements as Crash Bandicoot but it seemed like a pretty fun hack n slash kind of game. There are a bunch of set backs to the game though, story was pathetic in terms of depth and just was disappointing from the hype around it, side quest are pointless, items and weapons are just idiotically low in diversity, the story went over way too fast and overall it doesn't live up to the hype i still did like it though. However I've played Fallout 3 and i'm now playing Fallout: NV and that series blows Fable out of the water. It basically fixes all of the flaws in Fable 3 and it's just must more epic than Fable 3. I won't lie I like Fable 3 but it's nothing compared to the Fallout series.

xMelior

Dec 29, 2010
I go with Fable 3 all the way. I never liked the types of games such as Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Gotta be New Vegas, I just don't like the Fable series...

But I also have to say: STOP THE VERSUS THREADS!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Woodsey said:
Why are you comparing two games that are nothing alike?

Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title.

A first person open world shooter/RPG all about AMURCUH being compared to a linear, British fantasy adventure game.

What's the point?

Kratenser

Sep 18, 2010
innocentEX said:
Anyway why are you comparing two games, one of which you hold at a high standard and the other you think sucks. These games aren't even the same genre, its like comparing sim city4 to age of empires...
Im comparing them because they were released at the same time, and i clearly bought the wrong one! xD

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
I played both for a LONG time and still play both of them, but I'd say it's NV hands down...

The thing about Fable 3 was that it was WAY more fun if you actually screwed around with the online part, but that part of the game was poorly designed and you had to go through forums to actually interact with the community as a whole. If Fable is actually trying for a pentalogy, then I SERIOUSLY hope Molyneux considers making the 5th one a console MMO.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
linkvegeta said:
Palademon said:

New Vegas: an equally buggy sequel that apparently manages to make enough of a difference to own both it and 3
I don't get why people are so disappointed with the fable games, are you all expecting some sort of huge major specular best game ever or what? I always have low expectations on things witch make everything better. But why do people have to always expect the best game ever made? Fable 3 is definitely not the best game but its not bad either.
Because Molyneux always makes promises he doesn't deliver and every Fable sequel hasn't as much been an improvement as he states, but a massive watering down and over simplification of what made it good.

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Palademon said:
linkvegeta said:
Palademon said:

Because Molyneux always makes promises he doesn't deliver and every Fable sequel hasn't as much been an improvement as he states, but a massive watering down and over simplification of what made it good.
I rarely read or watch any promotional videos, maybe thats what makes the games better for me because i dont know what to expect, well all i know is that at least fable 3 has a bit of replay value, fable 2 is just a play once and dont ever want to play again type of game.