Poll: Next gen smash bros.

gunningyoudown

Jul 1, 2009
what would the next name be? Super Smash Bros. rumble? Super Smash Bros. showdown? Super Smash Bros. tango? Heck Super Smash Bros. Kick-Ass?
what would the characters be? or the stages? or should we just let it die?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'm hoping for another one. I've always had good fun with the series.

As far as characters go, I'm not really sure who I'd like to see added. We just need Sonic removed.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I was really dissapointed with the last SSBs. Way too many effects, stages too big, too quick too little control.

I absolutely loved the N64 version and only heard positives about the Wii one, it really didn't live up to expectations. I hope they go back to basics if they make a new one. Less complex stages, more control over characters.

They should call it Super Smash Brothers Galaxy.

Paridice

Aug 26, 2009
Super Smash Brothers... when it does reach its physical end... Will live on for eternity in the hearts of billions!!! Super Smash Brothers will never die!!! (just like Pokemon)

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
I hope they make another for the next gen, though brawl was disappointing, and I doubt they will ever reach the awesomeness that was melee.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
get rid of sonic and final smash then I think we will be good. Call it uh... Super Smash Brothers 64?

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
The guy that directed the series said forever ago that Brawl was his last game in the series. He actually retired or something right after the release. They said there won't be another game in the series, unless they went out of their way to get his permission, the rights, and so on.

If they do ever happen to make a new one, I hope it's closer to Melee.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Confusing poll is confusing.

Brawl was too item oriented, too flashy and too slow paced for my tastes. Melee on the other hand... Man, Melee was and still is my fighting game cocaine. Addicting as hell it required incredible reflexes, emotional control and a steely nerves to survive a 1 vs 1 battle with a veteran friend.

Also Melee had no tripping. I F*CKING hate tripping! Come on, once you throw even more randomness into a variety act it gets annoying.

My point is, make it more like Melee and I would enjoy it more. I enjoy Brawl (a bit) but I can't get enough of Melee... Speaking of which, this thread makes me want to play it again...

*departs but returns abruptly* Don't kill the series! *leaves to play Melee*

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I want a new one.

And among the many characters i wanted the games to have, i would want any new game to include character from Metroid Prime:Hunters and Fire Emblem 7.
Playing as Noxus and Sylux would be awesome.

And don't get me started on Hector.

Sarcasm Spasm

Mar 14, 2010
If a newer smash bros comes out, I personally want all the old characters back but made into characters with new movesets or just be an alternate costume of the character that they are a clone of
I also would want a custom character or a Golden Sun character as a playable character maybe a bit more similar to melee, though i did like the story mode in Brawl and would want that in the the next one if it is ever made

as for the name...
Super Smash Bros Clash?
Super Smash Bros Annihilation?
Super Smahs Bros War?