Poll: Night or Day

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
Which do you prefer to Hang around(Gaming, sports, etc).
Hanging around the Day, or at night times.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I prefered the day since I'm more afraid of going outside in the night (afraid of being mugeed etc). Even then I prefered my activity in the day like going to the cinema (yes you can go to the cinema in the night) than the night like going to a nightclub.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I've always enjoyed the night because I grew up in a place where crime practically didn't happen. It was always fun sneaking out of the house and going for a walk around the town at 3AM.

Nothing beats a sunny day at the lake though so... I think its a tie. I love both sides of my rotating Earth.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Both have their merits, but I got to say I prefer the night. Usually because it means less people, whether walking around outside or in my room trying to mind my own business. Recently I've been going outside for walks at about 9pm because I enjoy a nice night breeze and few people around.

It's not like I always prefer solitude though, and nights can get really boring for that reason too.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008

Jack prefers the nighttime for his funtime, as I'm actually sensitive to bright light.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I prefer doing things during the daytime. I am too tired and lazy to go out at night anymore, though I do get productive occasions working late at night.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Night. I've lived in a small town my entire life so traffic is nonexistent during the night. Nothing better than going to the grocery store or McDonald's at two in the morning and not having to worry about other people on the road. Those night time walks with friends never get old either.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I dislike hot weather and being blinded by the sun. I prefer night in general and taking a midnight walk is very refreshing(provided you live in an area where night time is generally safe).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Went with the boring "both" answer. Both are important to me, I actually value sleep a lot more than I used to, and I prefer cooler temperatures which comes with the night. Probably why I hate hot nights in Summer, it makes it hard to sleep and you get the lame heat of the daytime except now you can't see anything. :/

Daytime however, you can do more, see more, LOVE more LIVE more! Plus, even though I don't live in a bad area, the idea of being stranded out at night away from home, or somewhere safe is worrying. I've never been much of a night owl either.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I like both for different reasons. I love night because the random midnight walks and stargazing really helps to clear my head. It's also when I do most of my Magic the Gathering deck brewing. During the day though I get to hang out with my friends or do something productive for once, so its sorta required I enjoy the day time else I become a lazy hermit with nothing but sweet Magic decks.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
night is superior in every way. there are no humans. there are stars and a moon. it's cool. it's quiet. it's dark. it's serene.
i don't know why anyone bothers with the day. there's humans everywhere, there's the fucking sun. it's hot. it's loud. it's bright. it's miserable.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I prefer night.

I'm photosensitive so days can be rather painful on my eyes (Sometimes it gets so bad that I even need to wear sunglasses at night), I get sunburnt really easily too making even short periods outside on an overcast day have potential for burns...

Then, I'm also a night person. Night time is really great, I always feel energetic and there's that really nice smell of night time.

I don't have to worry about other people at night, mostly because I know all the dangerous folks near me (As in, I'm friends with them) and the whole "Having facial hair and being dressed in Death Metal band shirts and leather jackets makes everyone afraid of you" thing...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
Went with the boring "both" answer. Both are important to me, I actually value sleep a lot more than I used to, and I prefer cooler temperatures which comes with the night. Probably why I hate hot nights in Summer, it makes it hard to sleep and you get the lame heat of the daytime except now you can't see anything. :/

Daytime however, you can do more, see more, LOVE more LIVE more! Plus, even though I don't live in a bad area, the idea of being stranded out at night away from home, or somewhere safe is worrying. I've never been much of a night owl either.
Hot summer nights, sheets drenched in gallons of sweat, twisting, turning switching the side of the pillow, switching the side of the covers, taking a shower, taking a walk. God how I hate being unable to sleep due to the heat.

OT: I went with both mainly because I don't have any preferences. It's just not that much of a difference to me. Yeah, I went with the really boring answer.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I prefer the night, because it is a time when I can really have the place to myself. There is nobody around and privacy is total.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i sued to be a complete night owl and preferred night all the time. however since i got a full time job being able to be awake at night is pretty much nonexistant, so i am now living in a cycle of waking up at 5:30 every day and going to sleep at 22:00 every day. weekends including. Still considering at winter night starts at 4 PM here i still get to see the dark.

So i voted both, since i like night but i never see it anymore.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Redlin5 said:
I've always enjoyed the night because I grew up in a place where crime practically didn't happen. It was always fun sneaking out of the house and going for a walk around the town at 3AM.

Nothing beats a sunny day at the lake though so... I think its a tie. I love both sides of my rotating Earth.
Pfft, lucky, I couldn't even get a buzz cut, or where anything other than neutral colors for fear of gang violence, let alone go out at night... at least when I was a kid...<.<

I like the night more personally now, just something nice about the solitude...

Oct 2, 2012
I much prefer the night. Its quieter, there are pretty much no people around, I prefer dark over light, its generally much cooler than the day (I hate hot weather), and its more relaxing to me.
I even work night shifts because of all the above reasons.

Only time I'm out when the sun is around is for college.

One downside of this is that my eyes have become super sensitive to light, now it is actually painful to be out on a bright and sunny day. Totally worth it.

I hope that I can find a decent job one day on a night shift.

Oh and more places need to be open 24 hours a day. Sometimes I get hungry as hell at 3 AM and can't make myself food at home, or I'm craving something I don't have at home.