Poll: Not using cheats, only skills.

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
Have you ever being so good at a game someone thought you were using an aim bot or something? Tell me what you were doing at the time when they said you were cheating and what your reaction was.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Yeah I've spent an extremely small amount of time online and I do not wish to reenter. If you're going to stand facing the wall for 3 minutes don't ***** when you get your ass shot off.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I got a no scope across the map during a MW2 match. I was accused of cheating, but it was just luck.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
I don't play enough multiplayer to have been called one. I don't have a PS3 or 360, so I don't have Halo or any of the Call of Duties. The only multiplayer I play is Borderlands on my PC, and I'm not even close to being called a hacker. Not that I'm bad at the game...

gragimor

Sep 25, 2008
While playing Halo 3 online: Got a sniper rifle, and scored around 20 headshots during the match. Afterwards I found 2 angry messages in my inbox, accused me of aimbotting =(

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
I was only accused once but nothing happened

My friend however got a message from Xbox live and had to be "tested" to see if he was cheating

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
the closest i've been to being accused of cheating is when playing with someone who thinks there all that and when i start winning they claim that their controller isn't working right. then i just grab the controller and start beat whole sale ass with that one.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Would being asked if I was using a Turbo Controller count? (Apparently I can pull the trigger of a Pistol [As in the Trigger on the Remote, thus making the Pistol fire] at quite a Pace)

(And I wasn't, by the way)

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
It was in Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault, on the PC. On a match to pre-determined amount of kills (with unlimited respawns though), I at one point assaulted the enemy side of a forest-map, and killed everyone on their team, twice. In a row. Without dying. My last kill was with a melee attack, as I was out of ammo.

It was like they had never heard of lateral movement, cover and jumping. Funny thing is, before I got kicked from that server for 'blatant cheating' (yeah right....), I got asked to join a clan.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
a few times. But it is to be expected from the general online populace(I have done the same thing)

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Back in the old CS 1.5 me and my friend would just go to lan centers and clean house, we got thrown out a couple of times because people said we were hacking and it was like prove it. Eventually we went stared playing online from our homes and there were a couple of times I just got insanely lucky kills and people just flipped out screaming hax. Which really sucked because I'm a person who loves finding a server I like and constantly returning. I got banned from a server I played on for like a year because on one round it was a 3 on 1. One guy came at me from the front and the other from behind, they thought it was a guarantee kill so the guy behind tried to run up behind me and knife me. I hit the guy in the front with a headshot, turned around to get behind cover in case he had backup, the guy behind filled my screen and just reflexively I shot and kill him. Apparently they thought I spun around way too fast and shouldn't have known he was behind me. Then running around for a minute or so I thought I heard a guy ahead so I lobbed a grenade around a corner and it miraculously killed him. People screamed hax and that I wouldn't have thrown a nade unless I had wallhacks on. I got banned and pretty much never played CS again.

Nowadays I play games mostly for recreation and don't have much time to be slightly better than average, using a cheap headset, and a cheap mouse, I really don't get accused of hacking ever.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
Would being asked if I was using a Turbo Controller count? (Apparently I can pull the trigger of a Pistol [As in the Trigger on the Remote, thus making the Pistol fire] at quite a Pace)

(And I wasn't, by the way)
Nah, that's not hacking. That's just being lazy, which no one will blame you for(I mean, your a gamer). It makes for an interesting match when two or more people have those turbo controllers, especially on games like Gears, where you have button pounding chainsaw duals.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
Yes, fucking yes.

Often I join Cs 1.6 servers (I suck at CSS) and after going 8 kills and 2 deaths some stupid admin always bans me with the message saying "****" or "Wallhacking ******". Fuck shitty admins, and fuck servers selling admins for only 5$, Its stupid and always the ones who purchase it abuse it.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Not to be a search bar nazi but....well...yeah.

There's a free FPS game called War Rock that you can download. Now it's been 4-5 years since I last played it, but you couldn't get one kill without being accused of hacking and someone trying to kick you.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
In GunZ Online, when I was using D-Style. This was way back.

I responded by stabbing the guy in the face. Online, not real life...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I once played an MMO that sounds like a horrible idea, is now defunct, and everyone would laugh if they knew what it was (although it was VERY fun indeed), and got a thirty-eight-in-a-row-streak. Even experts of the game had troubles doing twenty. Everyone thought I was hacking.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
The other day I got the game winning kill with a flashbang to the back of a sniper. I wish someone was on to accuse me have hacking. It would have made that moment more awesomely funny.

Yes , sometimes.