Poll: Obama set to enter diplomatic talks with F

Captain_Caveman

Mar 21, 2009
Obama set to enter diplomatic talks [http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obama_to_enter_diplomatic_talks]

Personally I think his method is too soft. He's making our country look weak!

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
The title needs to be changed, there's no reason to hide the fact that this is about wild fires.

silicon avatar

Aug 3, 2009
Obama is trying something called diplomacy as opposed to intimidation. look up skills in your 3.5 D&D Players handbook for the difference.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Huh? Is this supposed to be a serious thread or not? I mean the news story is joke but i really don't know? We have people talking about the US no longer being the world superpower (a debatable fact but hey) and others about wildfires. What is going on?

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
ottenni said:
Huh? Is this supposed to be a serious thread or not? I mean the news story is joke but i really don't know? We have people talking about the US no longer being the world superpower (a debatable fact but hey) and others about wildfires. What is going on?
People are writing their posts based on the thread's title, rather than what the thread's actually about.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
I honestly think he's taking the wrong approach to this whole situation. I mean, look, we're America. He's got literally an army of helicopters with buckets waiting in the wings, there's no reasoning with this type of hothead, the only way to guarantee results is swift, decisive action.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Ha ha, the onion is funny and you are by extension funny for linking us to it and making no funny joke of your own! Can the thread die now?

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
As a California I must say I strongly disagree with Obamas move because as someone who has personal experience with this kind of threat, there is simply no way you can negotiate with a threat this radical.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Space Spoons said:
ottenni said:
People are writing their posts based on the thread's title, rather than what the thread's actually about.
Ahhh. Ok.

Well on the topic of diplomacy, its good and America is thought much more highly of because of it.

And for fires, well that depends on the fires your dealing with. If its a large fire that is crowning then water bombing of public/private assets and letting it burn itself out is your best bet. And i'm sure there is no shortage of water bombing craft.

Captain_Caveman

Mar 21, 2009
Buccura said:
As a California I must say I strongly disagree with Obamas move because as someone who has personal experience with this kind of threat, there is simply no way you can negotiate with a threat this radical.
LOL nice 1 ;)

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
QuirkyTambourine said:
I honestly think he's taking the wrong approach to this whole situation. I mean, look, we're America. He's got literally an army of helicopters with buckets waiting in the wings, there's no reasoning with this type of hothead, the only way to guarantee results is swift, decisive action.
I see what you did there.

CoziestPigeon

Oct 6, 2008
Captain_Caveman said:
Obama set to enter diplomatic talks [http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obama_to_enter_diplomatic_talks]

America IS weak. And full of shitheads who think it's the best on Earth. Time to open your eyes, the world thinks you are a joke America. Try and regain some respect you once had.

Captain_Caveman

Mar 21, 2009
CoziestPigeon said:
Captain_Caveman said:

America IS weak. And full of shitheads who think it's the best on Earth. Time to open your eyes, the world thinks you are a joke America. Try and regain some respect you once had.
To quote the great Homer Simpson. *ahem* (clears throat).. "U S A U S A U S A U S A U S A U S A WOOHOOO!!!!!"

US Crash Fire

Apr 20, 2009
Captain_Caveman said:

I used to live a peaceful life back home in Hawaii...
but I've been on the front lines in California as a firefighter now for 5 years.
I've seen the fires. they are not human. they need to be exterminated!
Obama cant reason with the fire. the fire doesn't understand reason. it only understands force!
this constant war between man and fire has caused me to become hardened.
I've even killed little spot fires, barely a few minutes old, without even blinking an eye.
i hope by some miracle Obama can reason with the fire... but I don't put a lot of faith in miracles anymore. by the end of Obama's meeting with the fire, he will be sending me to meet with the fire with axe and hoseline in hand. May God have mercy on the fire when I show up, cause I wont!