Poll: Oblivion or Fallout?

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Alright, so Skyrim is on the horizon. I'm excited for it, but not well-versed in RPGs. Which game is better/more fun, Oblivion or Fallout 3? Note, I have a PS3.

To generalize, which do YOU like best?

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
I choose oblivion because it has more variety and you dont have to be a human,there is magical powers,you can craft your own spells,you can haggle,and if anyone get in your way or someone is annyoing you can kill him(i know you can do it in F3 too). and its RPG element is better than fallout's(exepet in skyrim,DRAGONS?!you gotta be fucking kiddin me)but i'll buy skyrim anyway.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Fallout 3. The two games are very similar except Fallout is better in every way.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
I'm an Oblivion fan myself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Fallout, and the combat in Fallout was better. However, Oblivion had (by far) the best loot, and for me that was a big selling point. I just liked traveling the world getting as much awesome shit as I could (often by stealing it) and putting it on display in my houses (that's right, in Oblivion you get more than one!). Don't ask me why, it was just fun. Also, unlike in Fallout (where most unique weapons just had better stats), in Oblivion unique weapons actually looked unique. A minor complaint for some, but for someone like me who really enjoyed the collecting aspect of the game, the fact that unique weapons just had a different name and better stats (in Fallout) was really disappointing.

I would say that I also liked the Oblivion world better. It didn't feel like a wasteland (yes, I know the other was supposed to be a wasteland, but I prefer the aesthetic and feel of the Oblivion world).

So I suggest Oblivion.

PuppetMaster

Aug 28, 2009
played both, but more fallout. Both were fun, but i found the chacectors' movement and terribly simple fighting style more fitting to a gun than midevil weaponry.
Having said that I find it more fun to do the sword and shield thing than shoot, but fallout still gets my vote

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Fallout. While I prefer New Vegas over 3, 3 is probably much more stable on consoles. Fallout 3 is really fun if you just explore and for the love of god, ignore the main quest as much as you can. I like Oblivion and all, I just think that I spent much more time on Fallout 3 than Oblivion. Get both if you can, but if you can only get 1 get Fallout 3.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
I prefer Oblivion, but that's just because I prefer the fantasy setting. Fallout 3 is still a solid game but but it has far too many bugs/crashes for my liking which eventually led to me leaving it half finished.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
At the moment it's fall out. I'm loving all of them at the moment to the point of fanaticism. Yet I am fully aware that when Skyrim comes out, my opinion will change.

My body is ready Bethesda, CHANGE ME.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
Fallout 3 > Oblivion. For me sci-fi post-apocalyptic over fantasy anyday. Although I'm certain once Skyrim comes out, I will be swayed.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Hmmm. According to these polls, Fallout 3 would seem like the best bet. But I really like the advantages that Oblivion has, like multiple houses and better scenic views.

Dammit Bethesda! Stop making games so good, I can't choose! D:

And by stop, I mean don't/ Just send me money to buy both.

labbu

Nov 18, 2009
I still choose Fallout 3. While I do prefer a fantasy setting over a sci-fi setting and Fallout 3 and Oblivion both have similar issues (like the 'Uncanny Valley'-esc characters), I find the flaws to be a lot more glaring in Oblivion. As much as I would like to get into it, I just can't.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
shnickerman said:
not comparable
They're pretty comparable. First-person RPGs by Bethesda? You can compare those.

Seriously, I'm sick of people saying, "There aren't the same, you can't compare them, GAWRSH."

Yes. You can. You can, in fact, compare Modern Warfare 2 with Fallut: New Vegas. They don't have to be the same genre.