Poll: Of these pizza chains which one is your favourite?

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Of those Panago's probably my favourite, I'd definitely order from them more often if they weren't so damned expensive compared to some of the smaller (and arguably better) local places.

I rarely if ever actually eat the pizza at Boston Pizza, not that it's bad mind you, but it's definitely not the sort of place that pops to mind when I hear 'great pizza'.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Saladfork said:
These are all chains, obviously. Personally my two favourite pizza places are actually local, but of the chains, I'd say my favourite is Pizza Hut, followed by Little Caesars.

Also, for bonus points, which do you think is the worst?
I think Pizza Hut is for no other reason than you putting Dominos as the "joke option". For shame, for shame. :p

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Those chains are all from some strange, far off country.
I like Peppes Pizza.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Where's Hell Pizza?

Seriously their pizzas are massive, have lots of decent quality toppings and have fun promos like Pizza Roulette, where they put the hottest chilli's known to man on ONE slice of pizza and don't tell you which one it is...

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Domino's ain't no joke here in the UK (well my part) they're pretty damn good.

I vote Domino's for delivery and Pizza Hut for eating pizza out.

I'd rather pay extra for theirs than a random take-away.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I would like an option for other. I have only ever eaten at pizza hut from those choices and there's no way I am picking that option. Peppes Pizza for me any day.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I prefer take-and-bake places. Biggest chain I know of along those lines is Papa Murphy's. As for the options listed, I haven't had food from any of the above for years... the most recent would be Domino's, and that was in Iraq.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Papa John's is the only right answer... but locally we have a lot better Pizza places...<.<

Roma's being my favorite...

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
No love for Papa Murphy's? Out of all the chains they're my favorite. Their pizza isn't too greasy, the crust isn't too thin, or too thick, they use fresh ingredients, and they pile on the toppings. And to me the best part is it's take and bake. You don't have to rush home and slam it down your gullet, you can put it in the fridge, and when you're ready to heat you just cook it for 16 minutes in the oven and you're good to go.

Out of the choices, I'd go with Papa John's, I like their crust since it's not swimming in grease, and they use quality toppings. Little Caesers is ok if you're looking for a cheap pizza that resembles pizza. Pizza Hut is the bane upon pizza. If you can pick up a piece of pizza and run it across a napkin, and then you can see clear through the napkin, it's bad pizza. The crust is like cardboard, the sauce is like ketchup, they barely grate the cheese, if you can call it that, and if you order vegetables on it, it's quite apparent they just threw onions and bell peppers at a chainsaw. I would take Domino's over Pizza Hut any day of the week.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Domino's, with it not being a Joke option, becuase out of Pizza Hut, Pizza Haven and Domino's they're easily the best. I would have said Eagle Boys, but that wasn't on the poll.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I've got to say I'm much more of a fan of the Pizza Express / Prezzo / independent Italian restaurant doing pizza properly style of pizza.

Pizza Hut is pretty abominable. Dominos is alright to phone for when you're drunk, but I'd probably prefer to order some Chow Mein in that situation.

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
In my area, we have Papa John's, Pizza Hut, and Domino's.

Domino's is cardboard, or was in the past. Haven't tried them recently.

Papa John's is decent, and since they're the cheapest, they are the most available.

Pizza Hut is probably the best tasting of the 3 to me, but the extra cost isn't worth it. Also, depending on which one you go to, you may get a super-greasy pizza. The one down the street from here is good about not making them like that, but I don't trust just any random Pizza Hut.

Of course, none of those hold a candle to actual "sit down and order a REAL pizza" restaurants. Real pizza beats fast-food pizza any day of the week.

Mabster

May 8, 2011
DustyDrB said:
My own pizza. Seriously, the best pizza is the one you make yourself.
Hear, hear. It's hard to match a proper stone oven, but other than that homemade pizza is often superior. I like to go classic with a Margherita, or maybe add some nice salami, like chorizo or fuet, with garlic and chilli.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Well I stopped having Pizza Hut ages ago so I suppose my answer is Dominoes. Aside from their trashy 'upgrade' to the Margarita pizza and using 'free-range' chicken, tastes like the chicken in my fucking ramen, I still like their pizza. I suppose I should really say Hell Pizza but I can't go there often due to price.

I want to try a real, authentic pizza >.>.

Master-Jedi

Mar 9, 2010
I don't know if it changes depending on where you are, but Pizza hut is really good where I live. As in, I've eaten at several different local places (In several different states in the US) and besides a newer chain called The Rock Pizza hut makes my favorite pizza. Its not just me ether, most of the people in my family agree with me.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Pizza Hut is expensive.
Little Caesars is the only place I know of that serves stuffed crust other than expensive Pizza Hut.
Boston Pizza I think I had once. Was mediocre at best.
Domino's Pizza not quite as bad as people think it is. Not amazing either, but what's especially good about it is you can reheat theirs better than other pizzas. For a bachelor who doesn't finish an entire pizza in one meal, this isn't a bad choice. Plus they deliver with online orders and everything.

Store-bought frozen pizzas shouldn't be excluded either.
Delicio has some fine crust and adds flavor if you burn is about 3%. Nice when fresh. Terrible when reheated.
McCain's is good too and definitely the best price to quality ratio.
Compliments Choice (The Canadian President's choice?) and other no-name brands stiff you on the ingredients and quality. These companies aren't just saving on "We save money by not having marketing on our products" is bullshit. Their pizzas are like 80% hard dough, about 50 cents worth of cheese (almost enough to cover half the pizza). The box is probably the thing they spend the most on. Avoid these. Starve before you buy one of these pieces of shit.
You can't even really add with your own ingredients.

I eat way too much pizza. I just had some left-over pizza from last night. (McCain's).

What's usually good are the local pizza stores. The non-chain stores, family businesses who give you fresh ingredients, fair prices and usually some awesome deals to compete with name-brand branches.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
You're kidding right? Dominos is the joke option?

Perhaps that's true in the US, but in any other country I've been in (Australia and the UK particularly), by far the worst pizzas (in Australia especially) are those made by pizza hut.

Darth Carr said:
Domino's, with it not being a Joke option, becuase out of Pizza Hut, Pizza Haven and Domino's they're easily the best. I would have said Eagle Boys, but that wasn't on the poll.
Aha... And the mention of Eagle boys suggests you're Australian. I love eagle boys. But I haven't seen a branch outside Australia.

It would also explain why you agree with me that dominos is substantially better than some of the other options mentioned.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
whats wrong with dominoes? is it really bad in the US? seems fine in Aus.

but really all the fast food pizza places are all the same to me.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
Haven't heard of more than a handful of those...must be a regional thing...I'm also in California

My order of prefference would go...

Papa Murphy's
La Vals (small chain....but still a chain :) )
Uno's (there's only one left in California though :( )
Round Table