Poll: Okay, calm down.Let's think rationally before we buy Blizzard's new MMO,we dont wanna get hooked.

Daveeo

Feb 5, 2011
I love money aswell. I dont see anything wrong with what their doing.. people obviously want´s to pay for it so let them. I have had some great times in wow but wont go back. The thing about wow is that they got something everyone can relate their gaming needs to.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I'm a big Blizzard fan, true. But I'm going to wait and see what it looks like before saying anything.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Dont you know? Blizzard feeds on souls and through Diablo Starcraft and WoW they have already robbed countless of peoples souls. The new MMO will only make it worse.

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
I can't comprehend the logic that would lead "Titan" to be WoW 2.0. From what Blizz has already said, they don't see the two mmos competing with each other. After all, what the hell are you going to do with a second WoW??? All these "WoW clones" have come nowhere near the kind of money that WoW makes. Not to mention a WoW 2.0 would compete for largely the same audience that plays wow right now.
Wait a second... how did that joke go...?
A guy is walking down a beach when he finds a strange bottle in the sand. He picks it up and starts rubbing the sand and dirt off, all of a sudden a genie appears! YOU HAVE FREED ME FROM MY PRISON! I WILL REWARD YOU WITH 3 WISHES!!! YOU CAN HAVE ANYTHING YOUR HEART DESIRES!!! Startled at first the man begins to think. "Well... I am very hungry right now... Hey! i'd really like a Double Bacon Cheese Burgher! I wish for a bag that will always have a Double Bacon Cheeseburger whenever i reach in!" GRANTED. A small brown paper bag appears on the beach and the man picks it up, it appears to have nothing in it at first because it weighs so little but the man reaches in and pulls out his burgher! He happily scarfs down the burger and then reaches in for another one, and then another one. The genie has grown slightly impatient at this point... MORTAL! YOU HAVE TWO MORE WISHES!!! WHAT IS IT THAT YOU DESIRE!!! The man stops eating for a moment and wipes the grease off his lips. "This thing is amazing!!! I wish for two more of these!" the man says while indicating the bag.

Yeah, if Blizz has even half a brain they won't be making WoW 2.0 They'll be making something that caters to different play styles and preferences. Cause why the hell do you need 3 infinite double bacon cheeseburger bags?!?

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Wait a second, since when did Blizzard only make soul-consuming games? The only one that really is considered to "eat your life" is WoW. Starcraft, Diablo, the original Warcraft games; I don't remember people joking about how playing them made it so you had no life.

And good job on totally making assumptions based on barely anything OP. Let's have a look at what we know of this MMO so far:
-It's made by Blizzard
-It's an MMO
-It's going to be new IP
-It's going to be Sci-fi
-It's code-named Titan

That' about it. Not really enough to say that it's going to consume our souls. Come on, have a little optimism or at least realism. All just because Blizzard announced a new game doesn't mean we need to start protecting our time from "their evil, money grabing ways" (they're a company, they're there to make profit, good games are just a bonus; welcome to capitalism).

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Metalhandkerchief said:
It's probably another IP stolen right out of the catalogues of Games Workshop (creators of Warhammer and Warhammer 40K)

Just like everything else Blizzard has ever done.
...and GW just ripped Warhammer out of the catalogs of somebody else and added a load of "OMGANGSTYGRIMDARKISSOCOOL". They're no more "original" than Blizzard.

Plus Warcraft and Starcraft were originally actually going to be in the Warhammer Universes before GW ended the deal and Blizzard had to change them to avoid copyright. So of course they'd be similar.

...But I guess research is hard.

ntw3001

Sep 7, 2009
There are a lot of people claiming it's going to be just like WoW. Why would Blizzard make that? There's no reason for them to duplicate a game that 12 million people are still paying them for every month. If they want to compete with themselves, they'll target a market they don't already own.

People seem desperate to assume the worst and bring in the 'greedy, corrupt corporation has more than a passing interest in profit' rage, apparently forgetting that unoriginality and profit are not actually synonymous. In this case, there's no sense in producing the same thing again.

That said, I do believe they're trying to capture the audience WoW will lose as it expands. Doubtless one of Blizzard's revelations is that the gameplay model of WoW doesn't easily allow for expansion without becoming ever more bloated and top-heavy. They're probably hoping to draw people onto something more sustainable. Again, that won't work in the same way as WoW. There will probably be less emphasis on increasing numbers, maybe a PvP system that's not been forced in sideways, and more of the potential for horizontal growth that gives WoW such a broad appeal. So, less gear to chase but more pets to collect.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
OMG! They make good games that people want to pay to play, those bastard how dare they be good at what they do, making so much money with good products. We should sue the bastards for giving millions of people amusement, happy game memories and enjoyment in this cold grim and gray world.

If the new MMO is shit, it WILL FAIL! And Blizard will lose money, they won't risk that type of investment just to make quick buck or two. They aren't stupid, they have set the industry standard for the most parts.

gibboss28 said:
Hectix777 said:
gibboss28 said:
Yup, lets all calm down before we all start talking out of our asses about something we hardly know about and even the developers have hardly said anything about.

Lets also think rationally so we don't all get hooked, well thinking rationally I hardly have that much proof so many people were hooked on that game.
Starcraft is a national sport in South Korea. I call that hooked, or at least devotion. On like a cult-status.( I like the Koreans, they're cool)
So having a video game as a national sport is proof that people are hooked?

...how?
Because it is not a physical sport, there for it is bad thing that people devote money, time and love to it. Because games are geeky and bad... And hurt you!

Physical sports is good and can't be addicting (Sorry I cried of laughter when I typed that) and is good for you in every - like anyone would have their life ruined or they physical health damaged by being into competitive sports...

-!!!/SARCASM!!!-. .-!!/SARCASM!!!-.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
I just got back from the future with my time machine that is totally real, and I can guarantee that The OP wasn't harsh enough.

They dumbed down WoW so they could put their new MMO on the Xbox 720(You see it, do a 720, and walk away, amirite?) and Plastation 4. Nintendo's new console, named the Vulvii, is a cheap build of last generation's technology and can't handle it. Worst of all, it's got fast travel instead of making people go to gryphons. Scary!

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
How the heck has no one posted this yet?

[link]http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/6/16/[/link]

OT: I'm very curious to see what a company who's current foundation is based upon only 2 IPs will do with the opportunity to rise to the standards in terms of graphics and gameplay that current gen games have set. But do I expect innovation? Not really.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Name one game Blizzard has done wrong that released and isn't a critically acclaimed game and ill show my enthusiasm for this new MMO out the door. O wait, they haven't made one yet <.< SO fuck off hater! :p

edit: have to add that you can't count all the games that they had no creative input on say all games prior to Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft XD

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
Umm.. At OP, if you bothered to read a bit more into it they have stated more than once that it WONT be in either Starcraft, Diablo or Warcraft universe.
Staskala said:
Yeah, it sucks.

I haven't seen a second of footage nor do I know anything about the setting, world, gameplay, graphics, story, quests, classes, characters, features or anything else, but let me tell you:

I've never seen a worse MMORPG in my entire life.
You win.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Zyphonee said:
Saying World of Warcraft is the work of a satanic Burrhus Frederic is actually rather far from reality. As much as we like to believe that all people that play WoW are completely hooked on a drool creating aparatus, the game has huge volumes of interesting mechanics that allow the player to get a grasp at a gigantic universe. If there's something World of Warcraft isn't, it's poorly designed, we're talking about a game that manages to round up millions of players and keep them paying a monthly fee.

In my opinion, the only way in which Blizzard can accurately market a MMORPG, is through a micro game that doesn't require the player's 24/7 input to function. The thing is that the kind of person who wants to play an MMORPG only has time for one game, and that is already World of Warcraft. Trying to have another huge ass game share the audience is a long stretch, and I personally don't think it'll work properly.
Isn't it incredible their programmers/designers can create a world that for the most part is so seamless that it can be misconstrued as a game that requires you to mash your face into the keyboard?

As to the OP: I really don't get the reason for your rant. There isn't any information, other than it's a new IP, and it could possibly named Titan to get that worked up about. And yet, some how it's going to be exactly the same...that seems like a bit of a leap to me.

One of the things that creates juggernauts like WoW, or EQ before it is the ability of their design teams to produce content that their fans want, and more importantly didn't know they wanted until the stumble across it.

Sure you can call the game a Skinner's Box, and you and I can both site examples supporting both sides of that argument (even this site has a physician who writes a column whose addressed this very issue), but that doesn't change the fact that the game is popular for a multitude of reasons, but there are many games that fulfill the 'Skinner's Box' argument (most MMOs for that matter), and most of them don't attract the audience that WoW's been able to attract and retain.

But, There have been some great ideas that have come from the new wave of MMOs -- Public quests for example -- that have been implemented terribly. Hopefully Blizzard's new MMO will incorporate these great ideas, and implement them well.

I guess my stance can be summed up as, if we get a great product out of Blizzard's picking-choosing-and-polishing approach why is that a bad thing? It's what made the Blizzard RTS games great. It's what made WoW such a great game (obviously personal opinion), and it'll probably make Diablo 3 a pretty great game too.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
I think someone has a very unreasonable disliking for Blizzard.

The way I see it Blizzards new MMO has to be new and innovative, anything else puts Blizzard in the position to lose a great deal of money.

A re-skinned version of WoW is not going to get people to play their new MMO. Blizzard is competing with itself so it if wants it new MMO to be successful is the shadow of their Juggernaut that is WoW the new MMO is need to provide a drastically different gaming experience.

Blizzard is anything but stupid and have a reputation for producing quality games. I doubt they will make a mistake as noobish as simply re-skinning WoW and calling it something else. I am pretty sure people will notice that and be angered by it.

Rinji

Feb 9, 2011
I never played a game created by blizzard that wasn't good. Up until now, they've never disappointed me.

I don't understand people who judge a game that's not even out yet and no one has seen footage of. Wait until the day of release, watch some videos, then state whatever you want.

logiman

Aug 8, 2008
Tell me a 15$ new retail game that you can play for one month with such a large community? Yeah..you really can`t now, can you?

Don`t go bashig it bc about 10mil of the 12mil subs they have are pretty good at the game and have fun with it. And i don`t see the differenece between playing and having fun in COD, GT5, SC2 online or WoW.

I was a WoW-er and played it for a full 2 years and the few months between patches was just about right for you to get top-tear gear w/ a few hours a day of gameplay. But you can still play it for 3 days strait if you want to.

And personally, addiction usually goes hand in hand with low self esteem and worth. Read up on it

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
What do you expect them to do? Create a non-addictive MMO?

What kind of company sets out to make an MMO that they won't be able to profit from years to come and have a player base that doesn't want to play their game day and night?

I really don't understand what you think you're bringing to the table that's new, everyone knows how blizzard and mmo's function.