Poll: Optimist or Pessimist?

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
Realist. Most people would call me a pessimist though, so that's what I put. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Be paranoid, because you never know who's going to come after you.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
I'm definitely an optimist. I usually think things will turn out fine, which they ultimately do usually (I'm a lucky person sometimes). No sense getting worried over stuff, and imagining that bad things might happen. I believe that, at least in some cases, that if you assume it will be al right, it will be right. Yet when you think you're going to fail, you will fail. Of course I add a pinch of realism to this, since I'm quite a rational being and I know some things are just impossible.

Peach_hat

Jan 7, 2009
Lord_Ascendant said:
I searched and didn't find any topics pertaining to this.

Are you an Optimist or a Pessimist and why?

I can swing either way sometimes but I am usually pessimistic. I do not know exactly why but I always jump to the worst conclusion about everything, my girlfriend is always chiding me for being a "glass is half-empty" person.

The pessimist says "things just can't get any worse.."
The optimist replies "sure they can!"

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
Where there is life there is hope. The world is a big and beautiful place, and we live on it. Lots to see and do here, lots to love about the world and about life. What have we really got to be pessimistic about? Treasure every moment of your time because it isn't a moment you are going to get back.

I am an optimist.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Optimist. I'm always looking forward to things and expecting the best of myself. Part of it comes from my stubbornness, but I enjoy that lifestyle.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I call myself a realist (I just recognise patterns after a while), but I would get called a major pessimist. You can see my hope as some kind of bunker, my whole (short) life it's been shot at constantly, and well after a while it simply crumbles apart, bit by bit. My bunker has been shot to dust now, it's all gone now. I also can't stand foundationless optimism, "It will all be alright!" No it won't dammit, things just won't POOF be alright. Yes, I'm a bitter person. *Gets the phone to finally call that therapist. (yes I really am, after I press the post button, it's about damned time something happens)*

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Cheesus333 said:
Those poll results are fucking depressing.
Hang on, you're talking about a bunch of nutters...

I am pessimistic, I always find something wrong with a good situation, don't ask why...

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Optimist, cause despite what people say, nothing ever goes worse for me than slightly disappointing

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I can go either way, depending on the topic. Usually though I fall in the pessimist category.