Poll: Origin Survey - Would you recommend it to a friend?

KaZuYa

Mar 23, 2013
Yup I booted up origin (I play Battlefield 3 and I have too =/) and this little window popped up asking me how likely was I to tell a friend to install Origin, since I don't see this ending well after the SimCity affair I just want to know what did you do/would do?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Zhukov said:
I voted 10 purely to spite your dumb poll options.
Same here.

Well that and the fact every time I've used Origin it really hasn't done anything to annoy me. And that EA doesn't annoy me as much as it seems to for everyone else.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ya I frequently recommend malware DRM to my friends, right after AIDS, syphilis, herpes and jumping head first down some stairs.
But then again I am quite the considerate person, many people just aren't that kind hearted.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
No, I'd recommend my friend play their EA games on a different computer platform -.-
It's a kinda stupid question, since as far as I'm aware you have to. It's like asking me if I'd recommend eating food to my friend- I think they probably need to do that anyway.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Eh.
If someone asked "Should I play Mass Effect 3?" or something I'd say "Yeah but remember to get Origin."

But I wouldn't go "BRAH YOU TOTALLY GOTTA GET ORIGIN IT'S CRAZY BRAH THERE'S NOTHING LIKE IT YO"
Captcha: vote pancakes.
Vote pancakes indeed, captcha.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Zhukov said:
I voted 10 purely to spite your dumb poll options.
Indeed.
Though I'd be more likely to direct them to a non-DRM distributor such as GOG.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008

Seems like most of the really serious issues have been patched out by now, but even at launch, when it'd completely freeze up my system for 20 seconds while it booted up, I still lived with it.

Couldn't play BF3 without it, so what was I gonna do?

But recommend it? No way in hell would I ever do that. It's forced upon me, and I'd rather be without it, which makes it very different from how I feel about Steam, GameFly and Desura.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
As a downloader: Possibly. Some people on the internet say its faster than Steam, but this is the word of people I've never met and probably live in the US right next to the Origin servers.

As a Online Store: NO. It's cheaper to go down to a brick & mortar store for everything on Origin, even older titles.

As a service in general: It's run by EA who just trotted out the 'you don't like us cuz you hate teh gays!' as an excuse as to why they are in the running to win 2013 online poll for 'Worst Company in America' instead of admitting SimCity was a steaming pile of retarded AI, DRM, and server issues amongst other things.

So no, I wouldn't recommend it.

I will recommend others to pick ten on your poll as it is bad taste to insult people who choose certain potions in polls.

Having a bacon option however is acceptable.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
0, I'd give the same score to Steam as well. I'd never recommend DRM to anyone. Though I never used Origin and refuse to do so. If I can't stand Steam which is support to be the best thing ever how could I stand it's gimpy little brother?

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Voted ten because of your obvious bias.

Seriously, this is utterly ridiculous. EA might not be a good company but dear god they haven't killed babies, everyone needs to take a step off the EA hate bandwagon.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
So far Origin has benefited me without giving me any hassle. It doesn't seem to do much visible loading before a game starts (it#s silly but that always annoyed me about Steam, because it was an extra second or two to do something I had no wish of doing and was only doing for DRM purposes), it's offline functionality has been a little nicer to me than Steam (steam needs a one time check or something and there were a couple of times I couldn't play a game on steam because I had no internet) and I was able to play the families hard disk copy of the sims on multiple PCs thanks to Origin.

I mean it's not wonderful, apart from the sims thing (and being able to play Mass Effect in german if i so choose) it hasn't given me any features. But I've also never encountered anything with Origin that annoyed me ever

EDIT:Oh man, I just read your text options. Would totally have voted ten if I'd noticed that before. The great thing is, I don't even need to insult anyone because everyone with a functioning brain would read that and completely write off the person who created the poll anyway

mmaruda

Apr 8, 2008
I currently cannot get into Origin (forgot password), no password reset e-mails arrive and this is not the first time it happened. I'm currently breathing hate and discontent at EA's useless customer support, but all emotions aside, I have never ever though that there is anything good, useful or beneficial in Origin. Had it not been imposed on customers with BF3 and other games, probably nobody would use it. There is not a single feature there that would make Origin better than Steam.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I voted 0. All of my friends have Steam, why should they burden their computers with another client when they already have the better one?

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Recommend Origin? How stupid.

It's nothing more than a necessary evil to play certain games. Frankly I'd recommend people to buy the game, and then find an Origin free version.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'd vote 0, because I abandoned PC gaming long ago.