Poll: Pants vs. Shorts

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Cargo Pants. I carry approximately 5000 things on me at any one time, and shorts - while comfortable - lack the 'cargo' aspect I need to haul my dragon-like hoard of shit around.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Joccaren said:
Australia...... from the guy who won't take off his jacket fully even in 40 degree heat, its too practical.
What does that mean? Practical how? It is thick enough to defend against giant spider fangs? Or having an extra set of pockets?

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Glongpre said:
Joccaren said:
Australia...... from the guy who won't take off his jacket fully even in 40 degree heat, its too practical.
What does that mean? Practical how? It is thick enough to defend against giant spider fangs? Or having an extra set of pockets?
Both.

While spider fangs aren't as big a problem in the CBD, there's other things like tree branches in the parks, or certain things people can carry or attach to their bags and bikes, that can be painful to brush against, though not necessarily harmful. It also acts as great cover up from the sun, which can be a big issue in the summer.

Pockets wise mine all have a minimum 6 pockets, and carry everything but my laptop around for me. Makes life a lot easier when I've got my wallet and phone in secure inside inner pockets that they're highly unlikely to fall out. Charging cables for various devices, charging bricks, glasses cases, utensils for lunch, handkerchiefs, lip balm, pens, pencils and paper, all able to be carried around and quickly accessed when needed. Saves carrying several bags around, which is less space, and less weight, and fewer things I might forget when leaving an area.

Temperature also isn't that bad if you leave it open, or at least if you're as close to skin and bones as I am.

But again, maybe I'm just nuts. That's also quite a possibility.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Pants all year round.

I'm currently wearing two pairs of pants[footnote]three if you include my underwear being called pants in some parts of the country[/footnote] as its kinda cold at the moment and I work in a building designed to keep meats cold so its sometimes colder in my stall then outside.

I haven't worn shorts since I was made to wear football shorts at school for PE. One of the reasons I hated PE at school was it was always outside in shorts no matter the weather and I was always told to just stand in goal and leave the actual running around to people who could actually name more than two football players.

I go to a hot country on holiday and you can tell instantly that I'm not from round there[footnote]Well, besides being the only natural blond in a sea of Japanese people[/footnote] by the fact that everyone else was wearing shorts and I was in trousers.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Capris, longer than shorts, shorter than pants.

Of course, it helps that all regular shorts are basically capris on me and all pants must be hemmed.

Jan 27, 2011
I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear! *cue pokemon battle music* (/References!)

I enjoy shorts weather because my shorts have lots of extra pockets and deep pockets which is convenient. It also means I'm not freezing my butt off (I have bad circulation and get cold easily).

Pants on the other hand have two tiny little pockets that you can barely fit your wallet in.

Unfortunately, as a Canadian, shorts weather is like 4 months of the year tops. :(

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I wear dress pants to work and jeans otherwise. I never wear shorts, as I have weird looking bony bird-like legs. I'm 6'-1" and 150 lbs soaking wet... A stick figure.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Pants for me, because I can't wear shorts in the winter, and I can't be bothered to change back to shorts when spring comes. So, pants, because laziness.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Trousers.

So I guess 'Pants'.

I'm too cold to wear shorts 90% of the year and I like knowing I could kick or run if I needed to. I don't mind skirts, but only if they're loose enough for that. Plus I tend to stand like Peter Pan sometimes, which can be uncomfortable in tight skirts.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
I have no preference either way. It depends on the wheather for me. Though most of the year it's pants for me.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
MeatMachine said:
Is this even a serious question? There is only reasonable answer...

Of course. A hat. It is like pants for your head! FOREHEAD SHORTS.

OT: Pants are much more practical for when you're up your ******* knees in rice paddies and Charlie's ******* around in the treeline; you don't want to have to worry about mosquitoes biting at your calves at a time like that.

Tuck your boots up and under them, don a pair of gators and boom, nearly-instant almost-waterproofing.

Oct 2, 2012
Pants. I don't like showing skin usually, I feel exposed and vulnerable. I'll wear shorts around the house, or even out if my pants are too dirty to wear, but overall I prefer pants.

One of the reasons why I love fall and winter so much is because I get to wear pants and a hoodie and stay comfortable.

Now I live in Texas.
I will not be able to enjoy such things again.
It's just so hot.
*cries steam*

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
While shorts are more comfortable, pants are a more suitable attire for any occasion.

I could go out, to the store, or even a party/event in pants with confidence. It would have to be a very specific occasion or time of year for me to comfortably go out in shorts.

Livin' in California, most people assume that our warmer temperatures would have us locals walking around in shorts all year round (which is mostly true for most beach cities and communities), but I live about a half an hour inland and pants are definitely more common.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
It's always shorts for me. At least until it gets down to 20ish F. I just can't stand being hot, and I overheat very quickly in pants once I'm indoors. My idea has been that I can warm back up once I get inside, but I can't cool down at all.