Poll: Paying Through Origin

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Silly Hats said:
I like Origin, the twitch stream streaming capabilities is great. If an Offline Mode was available then I'd have no issues.
I thought you could run the game without Origin active. Someone else even said they uninstalled Origin after they downloaded their games.

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
I've purchased quite a few items through Origin (well, I used to, they're on my blacklist once again for their most recent BF3/BF4 controversies), and I never had any problems with that particular part of their service. It's quite silly that they now do those stupid $1 temp charges, but whatever. Anyway, nine times out of ten you're going to be able to find any Origin game cheaper with one of EA's retail competitors -- go with GMG or Amazon or GameFly if you value your money.

Oh yeah, I'd suggest you remove any trace of your credit card from EA's system. The latest DDoS they suffered is going to seem like child's play once a more organized hacker group decides to crack EA's customer records and steal every last bit of information they can find. It's only a matter of time.

On the topic of BF4, OP, I'd suggest you take that purchasing error as a sign and stay far away from it, at least until DICE and EA prove they can maintain a proficient product. It's a fucking travesty what they did to the Battlefield series.

TakeshiLive

Mar 8, 2012
KungFuJazzHands said:
It's a fucking travesty what they did to the Battlefield series.
That could also be said of the other franchises they own too.

reiniat said:
TakeshiLive said:
I don't like how EA do a lot of things but I have to admit, they still publish a lot of games I do enjoy. Even when they're broken or abuse the consumer in someway or another, I still want to play them.
And that sir is why EA will never stop being an asshole with the customers.
One can cling to futile hope, yes?

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
TakeshiLive said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Yeah, I had a few problems with ordering Battlefield 4 on Origin, but that was sometime in August. It wasn't anything that I didn't solve in less than twenty minutes.

It was annoying, but I didn't want to kick a cat by the end of it.
There was apparently a lot of trouble for people ordering it back then, no problems since then?
I haven't done transactions through Origin since I whored myself out and got Battlefield 4 Premium, and I don't recall any problems then. So, I'm a bad person to ask.

There's still those guys at DERP gaming DDoS'ing EA's servers though.

mindfaQ

Dec 6, 2013
Not using Origin. I hope they'll release Mirror's Edge 2 without being bound to Origin, but I guess that wish will not be fulfilled. Sad though, they would have had a buyer in me.

TakeshiLive

Mar 8, 2012
reiniat said:
"Futile" was the keyword but I see your point.

Personally I blame the likes of chaboyy and doom49 etc. for making BF seem like such a fun game to play and own. On the other hand, EA has in many ways "ruined" many franchises. Another youtuber I watch occasionally, Nerd^3, named ME3 as the worst game of the year because of the micro-transaction malarkey. I thought that was a little extreme naming it the absolute worst game but he raises a valid point.