Poll: Peeing in the shower.

beniki

May 28, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
Meh, when you're hung over as fuck or just not inclined to give a shit, I see no issue with it. Plus someone told me that in prisons some folks pee on their feet to get rid of tinea and stuff like that. I have no idea of its truthfulness or effectiveness, but there you go.

Addendum: this is only appropriate when you shower ALONE, when sharing with a partner its a pretty big faux pas unless they're into that.
Er, at the risk of too much information, experience tells me it's not that big a deal.

I'll get my coat *walks out of thread*

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I don't go out of my way to piss in the shower, but if I need to pee while I'm there of course I will.
Keoul said:
But if you've been peeing in it every single day do you REALLY feel comfortable drinking from it?
But you're comfortable with the knowledge that people have stepped there with dirty feet and washed all the grime from their bodies into the tub, including run-off from their butts and sacks?

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Normally no. I usually let the shower run for a minute or two while I do my business on the toilet and come back to nice warmed up water.

If I get the urge though and really need to go then in the shower it is. Don't get the 'dirty' argument. It's an area where you clean grime off your body and wash your crack and genetalia. It's dirty no matter what you do.

Newby_Newb

Jul 8, 2010
I pee in the shower all the time.

I don't get how it's any grosser than washing yourself in the shower.

Mobax

Oct 10, 2012
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
My motto is aim for the drain.
This right here.

And to those who think it's gross because in an emergency you fill your tub with water, you should probably be washing your tub out weekly/bi-weekly anyway. So it shouldn't be that gross. And in a serious life or death emergency, you can drink your own urine once, I'll prefer my tub still =p

Areani

Dec 18, 2008
Yosharian said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:

I've been thinking about this recently, thought I'd get some Escapists' opinions on it. Is it okay to pee in the shower? Do you pee in the shower? Would you consider peeing in the shower? And what do you think of those who do...?

I'm totally okay with it, but man, I'd hate to live with someone whose personal hygiene is so strict that they'd hate to find out that I do. What about you, Escapists? Is peeing in the shower okay? Or is it totally gross?
I'm pretty fuckin shocked to see the first option in the poll winning, I'd like to see additional info on these people please so I know never to go near them geographically.
I completely agree. That's gross yo

Newby_Newb

Jul 8, 2010
Areani said:
I completely agree. That's gross yo
Yosharian said:
I'm pretty fuckin shocked to see the first option in the poll winning, I'd like to see additional info on these people please so I know never to go near them geographically.
What is so wrong about peeing in the shower?

How is it gross?

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
But you're comfortable with the knowledge that people have stepped there with dirty feet and washed all the grime from their bodies into the tub, including run-off from their butts and sacks?
This is pretty much my thoughts on people being uptight about it. I can't imagine that what little bacteria comes out of the urethra that isn't killed by the acidity of the urine really compares to the dirt, grime, other forms of bacteria, or fungi, or whatever else people could be carrying on their naked body when they shower. Not to mention you've got all that soap, bodywash, shampoo, etc. washing down after it. Not to mention that presumably everyone is cleaning their shower at least once a week like they should.

Honestly, urine is pretty low on the list of bathtub contaminants I'm concerned with.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Keoul said:
No.
I use to when I was littler, then a thought occurred to me. In an emergency, the first thing you should do is fill your tub with water, you never know when the water will be cut so having a tub full could save your life.
But if you've been peeing in it every single day do you REALLY feel comfortable drinking from it?
Urine is sterile and therefore not really an issue in an emergency.
Hell, if your near thirsting to death you really should drink your own pee.

It's the grime and dirt (not to mention washing your crotch and ass in there) you should be worried about.

Bara_no_Hime said:
This thread AGAIN?!

Seriously, how many polls do people need on peeing in the shower.

It's gross - you shouldn't do it - move on!

And use the search bar for Gods' sake!
But we need to educate people!
This kind of attitude shows why one must not use the search bar, but create a new pee-in-the-shower-thread instead!

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
I pee in my shower whenever I feel the need to. I, like so many others, aim for the drain but even if I don't feel that's sufficient then I'll take the shower head on pure hot water and rinse out the shower a time or two just to be sure.

I think the better question is: of those who pee in their shower, how do you feel about peeing in a shower that's not yours?

That's a little different. If it's anybody's shower but my brother's then I don't do it. I always go beforehand. For some reason it feels dirtier when you do it in other showers.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Bomberman4000 said:
I pee in my shower whenever I feel the need to. I, like so many others, aim for the drain but even if I don't feel that's sufficient then I'll take the shower head on pure hot water and rinse out the shower a time or two just to be sure.

I think the better question is: of those who pee in their shower, how do you feel about peeing in a shower that's not yours?

That's a little different. If it's anybody's shower but my brother's then I don't do it. I always go beforehand. For some reason it feels dirtier when you do it in other showers.
I dont think its more dirty, I just dont think that the small convinence of not having to stop showering and going to the toilet is worth the risk of it somehow being discovered and the akwardness that follows.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Having only a shower, even IF I gave credit to the "bathtub = bad idea" concept, it wouldn't be an issue for me.

I see no issue with pissing sterile fluid onto and around my feet while standing under running water.

That said, I wouldn't do it if you're showering with your significant other, or at least make sure to do your business before she/he steps in so they don't know what kind of sick bastard you are.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The shower is right next to the toliet... I really don't see the appeal in it.

I'd probably tell you I wasn't happy with it if we lived together and you just out of the blue admitted to it. What happens in other people's showers however doesn't matter to me one bit in the least. Go ahead, if you really want to...

Ick.