Poll: Persona 4 anime, good idea?

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Now I for one love the Persona series and would love to see the anime but, will it work? I haven't been very optimistic about it because of the bad reviews of Trinity Soul. I have found out that the animation will be fairly the same as the cutscenes in the original game and I believe the soundtrack will be decent from what I've heard of the trailer and the website. I kind of find it awkward for MC (or Yu as his new name is annouced) to actually have his own personality as opposed to how the user designed him to be, and as for how they will make the story as a whole. Will it be the exact same as the game or will they mix in their own plot twists in? I don't know, but I just hope it gets an english dub or even sub, because no doubt this series has a large american fanbase.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I haven't played Persona, but I definitely want to, and I'm quite the fan of Anime so if they come out with a Persona 4 anime I would definitely watch it. Don't know if I would like it, but I would give it a shot...

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I think it'll be better since they're basing it off an actual story. I watched some of Trinity Soul and what is this I don't even. Random freaky thing kids can do just by touching eachother's shoulders causes something like an analogy of drugs or sex, and it seems perfectly normal to them, I just WHAAAA??

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
My only problem is the MC. It just feels...wrong for him to have a personality and make choices outside of my control. I wonder who the canonical romance will be? Or how will they incorporate the social links?

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
In theory it will work because the target market of persona is almost identical to the target market of persona-esque animes, but then again it could just get royally fucked up the back door exit aperture.