Poll: Phonebooths

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
The only phonebooth I've seen in my city doesn't resemble any of the examples you've named. I just wonder if it still works and, regardless of whether or not it works, why the city bothers keeping it around. I'm pretty sure nobody's even tried to use it in years.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Do phone booths even exist anymore? I can't really see them ever getting used anymore.

Gardenclaw

Jul 12, 2009
My parents have a traditional Red phonebox in their back garden. It used to be next to my dads shop, but when they came to take it away he asked them if he could have it and they said yes. It doesn't work but it looks cool. Plus everyone knows how to find the House with the phonebox. The big ones like that make me think of Doctor Who.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
I hope the phone doesn't start ringing with Kiefer Sutherland's voice on the other end...actually that might be pretty cool as long as he doesn't want to kill me

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
i go Wooooooow phonebooth!

i hardly ever see a phonebooth in holland, everyone has a mobile phone.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
i either think my god does Bell is really needs to fix it (Bell is a mobile company among other things)

or

holy shit a phone booth? i thought they got rid of these

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008

Not really alike >_>

Anyway, I don't really think anything when I see phone booths, just like I don't really think anything when I see benches or bushes.

Ponch

Mar 31, 2010
madcap2112 said:
Ponch said:
Honestly, The Doctor. It used to be The Matrix, then the movie Brick, but somehow it's more likely I think TARDIS.
Thank God, someone else knows about Brick.

Anyway, I never see phone booths anymore; it's rare enough seeing pay phones in general. American phone booths generally make me think of The Matrix and Superman, the few times I see them anymore.
Pay phones are still alive and kicking here in south Tejas. Hell, there are four within 100 feet of me as we speak.

Raven said:
What! No-one mentions BILL AND TED!!!
I can't believe I forgot about Bill & Ted!

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!1!

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I think of piss, puke and prostitute contact cards.
Maybe some graffiti if I'm lucky.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Well, since the Tardis is technically in the shape of a Police Call Box and not a public telephone, I'll have to say Superman.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I have never really seen a glass stand phone booth in person but I have seen blue ones that stand on a pole. Either way I think of that movie invovling that guy being terrorized by a dude who called him from the booth. I thought it was a very compelling movie. I'm probably wrong but to me and my friend it seemed pretty gripping.