Poll: Pick ONE Show to Return to TheEscapist.com

Superlative

May 14, 2012
MarsAtlas said:
Extra Credits. Hell, they're the entire reason I started coming to this site. Glad they're still up at Penny Arcade.
This and Unforgotten Realms. Luckily, Extra Credits moved on to a bigger site (srry escapist) and has a youtube channel. i don't know whatever happened to Unforgotten Realms though.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Space motherfucking Janitors

According to their site the new season started April 2nd, the hell escapist?

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Unforgotten Realms please.

I don't know why Apocalypse lane should be on that list, because it ended itself quite nicely.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Creature Caster Masters.
It didn't get past 3 episodes.

That or game dogs. i didn't really watch it but it seemed like a nice idea.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
None of those, to be honest.

Out of the shows that you listed, Doraleous and Associates is the only one that I really liked, but frankly, I don't see a reason why it should come back to the Escapist; it seems to be doing fine on its own.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
[HEADING=1]FOOLS!!![/HEADING]

All of you are too young to remember the golden age of the Escapist's video contend, back when Yahtzee was fresh and new and Unforgotten Realms wasn't trying to do some weird Harry Potter shit! There was one show that trumped all. That show was...

[HEADING=2]DE-REZ[/HEADING]

Bask! Bask in all of its glory!

So yeah, I'd like to see that return.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Redlin5 said:
Apocalypse Lane is concluded. There is a lot more we can get from DA. Bring back Doralingus!

[sub][sub]Unlikely but a man can dream.[/sub][/sub]
Doraleous and Associates IS coming back my friend! The creators recently did a Kickstarter to bring the show back and it got fully funded! Stay tuned to the Appsro [http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCJa9XgfBwzAVgUZ4NUXbTaQ] Youtube channel for more details as they emerge.

As you said Apocalypse lane concluded and they were done with those characters. The only other show on the above list that I watched with any regularity that isn't already coming back in another form is I Hit It With My Axe. The DM on that show now works for Wizards of the Coast after the campaign they were playing on the show got published and sold really well.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
Why doesn't this poll have Extra Credits because that is the only show that is no longer on the escapist I know they are on Penny Arcade but I heard of them through the Escapist so yeah I will forever associate the two..

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Unforgotten Realms and/or Extra Credits... I know they're still kinda going but they'd fit in well here :)

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Woah woah woah woah woah woah... woah................ woah... Lois, this isn't my batman glass!

OT: D&A was on The Escapist? o_O Jeez, I've been watching it on YouTube all this time and never knew! Then I got bored and stopped watching it all together. Hell, that'd be interesting to see here, it had an ok idea going. Didn't interest me, but I saw good potential!

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
Poll has the classics missing, but my favourite shows of all time has gotta be Doomsday Arcade. That was brilliant, as well as everything else Michael Shanks has done since.
Also unforgotten realms, was my favourite until I realized the guys didn't know where the show was going...

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Kyrian007 said:
There Will Be Brawl needs to be added. It did wrap up, but there always could be more. Maybe the prequel with Daisy's demise and the rise of the butcher... Kirby.
Seconding this. Seriously, I loved There Will Be Brawl. A sequel/prequel would be highly apreciated.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
Extra credits. Easily the best show this site ever had. Pity they got chased off through a combination of apathy and lies.

Yahtzee's great, and has his ups and downs, but in terms of quality brainstorming and genre deconstruction, Extra Credits took the cake.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Lt._nefarious said:
I wosh Doomsday Arcade lasted longer. I'm also surprised no one mentioned Anthony Saves the World, that show was awesome, wish it lasted longer or had a second season.
I was starting to question if I'd just made up Anthony Saves the World. Man I loved that show! I still treat Timecop as the absolute documentary on how time travel works. I particularly like how it's genre is listed as Comedic Face Punch Fighting.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
War Penguin said:
[HEADING=1]FOOLS!!![/HEADING]

All of you are too young to remember the golden age of the Escapist's video contend, back when Yahtzee was fresh and new and Unforgotten Realms wasn't trying to do some weird Harry Potter shit! There was one show that trumped all. That show was...

[HEADING=2]DE-REZ[/HEADING]

Bask! Bask in all of its glory!

So yeah, I'd like to see that return.

Actually I was gonna say that. Not all of their videos were GREAT, but I definitely wanted to see them continue.

GHOST RECON WHOOHOOOOOO [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/de-rez/38-New-Video-The-Escapist-Film-Festival-Winner]

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I liked Doomsday Arcade. It dragged a little when they went to Rapture, though. I should finish that series some time.
"How'd you break out of your cell?"
"It was easy. All I used was a bobby pin, some pocket lint, a mandolin, and a brick of C4."
"Oh so that's what those are for."
*Pan over to the corner of the cell where all that stuff is sitting with a sign that reads: "Not for bombs"*

Extra Credits was also good, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to talk about that show here--also they're on their own site now.