Poll: picnic in the graveyard?

Zackary Yakumo

Mar 29, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
Shi Shi said:
you are sickening. a graveyard is for the souls of the dead to lay in peace and is not to be disturbed.
uh hu. Well then mabey we sould ban people going to garveyards at all?
okay. and when you die well let you rot in hell. that should be a perfect graveyard for you.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
crudus said:
Pick a gravestone and say "this is my friend. (S)He died in a car accident on (read death day) and we used to go on picnics all the time so I am sharing one with her/him now so we can keep the tradition going". Choose one that died recently and young.
And that is the moment the mother/father of said dead boy beat you into the ground and call the police, as they knew all his friends.

OP: The people who buried their friends/family in that graveyard chose to do it there and not in a cafeteria for a reason, please stop.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Yes. In fact, in places like Mexico it's not only perfectly acceptable but is in fact a cultural tradition.
Besides, it's not like your defiling the graves or anything. Actually, come to think of it it's actually a bit more insulting to keep your distance from graves.

Gildedtongue

Nov 9, 2007
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Then again, I grew up in the American Southwest, so, to me that sounds like Dia de los Muertos, so... *shrugs*

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
It used to be the stylish thing to do back in the day. It also used to be stylish to watch battles during the Civil War picnic-style.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
Graveyards are nice places.

Does anyone else like wandering round reading headstones? I do.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Well, here in the US, graveyards are privately owned property. Meaning what you're doing would be trespassing, which is against the law.

Not to mention it's disrespectful not only to the deceased, but the family that paid good money to put them there. If I caught anyone picnicking on my family members grave, they'd be needing a plot for their self.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Sure, why not. I'd do it.

I scoff at our idiotic death worship. People who are dead are dead, get over it. Their personality, who they were and all that matters was all current in their brain. After said processes stop and the brain decays, there's no more person and what's left is just, you know, shit. Meat and bones, to be precise, an empty husk that doesn't deserve to be the center of affection or the point of a huge industry specializing in, y'know, funerals and related supplies.

Whether you believe in some kind of postmortem existence or not (I don't), I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the physical body of the individual probably has nothing to do with some kind of a 'soul" or what not. Bodies decay. Resultant decay gets eaten by worms. There's nothing in those graves but wormfood, and there's no reason to venerate it.

Wow, this is another rant that will surely piss some people off. Oh well.

More on topic, I suppose, funerals are nice. Quiet, and stuff. It's like a park, but with less dogs and joggers. I approve!

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Shi Shi said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
Shi Shi said:
you are sickening. a graveyard is for the souls of the dead to lay in peace and is not to be disturbed.
uh hu. Well then mabey we sould ban people going to garveyards at all?
okay. and when you die well let you rot in hell. that should be a perfect graveyard for you.
hey calm down, man. I was just making joke and a point at the same time. No need to go burn in hell on me. But on the other hand, you can say whatever you want because I don't believe in hell or heaven, you may have a proplem with that, and that's your proplem, not mine.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
kalt_13 said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
That is excalty what I do. Sometimes I talk to the graves(please don't call me crazy) they are the people I can talk to and not get interupted.
someone else does that? cool thought i was the only 1 and that i was a little nuts
Well, unless you're thinking aloud or simply rehearsing a dialogue of some kind, you would probably still qualify. I mean, talking to people that aren't actually there, giving input and expecting output from something it cannot come from, that's pretty crazy in my book.

Now talking to one-self is totally fine =p You're giving the input, you're giving the output, it all sums up nicely. Bwahah.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
I wouldn't be creeped out, but most people seem to more squeamish than I. I swear, it's like people pretend to be disturbed by things just to seem normal.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
I went to a beer festival that was practically in a graveyard, if I'm fine with that then I'm deffinately fine with picnics.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
MagicMouse said:
crudus said:
Pick a gravestone and say "this is my friend. (S)He died in a car accident on (read death day) and we used to go on picnics all the time so I am sharing one with her/him now so we can keep the tradition going". Choose one that died recently and young.
And that is the moment the mother/father of said dead boy beat you into the ground and call the police, as they knew all his friends.

OP: The people who buried their friends/family in that graveyard chose to do it there and not in a cafeteria for a reason, please stop.
Call the police because op are eating her food in a public place? She has every right to be there as the parents do. Wait, someone has the right to kick the crap out of you but op doesn't have the right to eat where she pleases?

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
I would say yes, IF you are respectful. If you want to go there to reflect because it's quiet there, that's fine. Planning a fun outing with friends there is less so. And definitely don't eat on any graves. That's just wrong.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
crudus said:
MagicMouse said:
crudus said:

Call the police because op are eating her food in a public place? She has every right to be there as the parents do. Wait, someone has the right to kick the crap out of you but op doesn't have the right to eat where she pleases?
Um.. it's a he. Yeah, I'm boy.

But thanks for the suport. It's nice to know that not everybody hates me.