Poll: Pokémon X Team Help...Again

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Yo, I need help with Pokemon X. I made a thread like this a while back and received some good advice. Well, I need help again, so I'm asking you, the escapist community, for help again.

I'm not so much as asking for advice on what Pokemon to put into my team. I'm asking for help in deciding which one I should take out. I plan on adding a Zoroark to my team, but I already have six Pokemon I put together with the intention of taking to the Elite 4. After much procrastination and doing a few gyms every time I play, I have decided that I need a dark type. I've decided on a Zoroark.

My current team as of writing this is as follows.

Delphox - 67

Hawlucha - 66

Raichu - 65

Gardevoir - 64

Lucario - 62

Gogoat - 61

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Gogoat. I've looked at the X & Y elite 4 and there's nothing on the anyone's team that gogoat covers that someone else doesn't do better. Everyone else has some sort of niche that they fill (granted, Zoroark doesn't cover much on the elite 4 either, but you seem to want him on your team).

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
sextus the crazy said:
Gogoat. I've looked at the X & Y elite 4 and there's nothing on the anyone's team that gogoat covers that someone else doesn't do better. Everyone else has some sort of niche that they fill (granted, Zoroark doesn't cover much on the elite 4 either, but you seem to want him on your team).
I haven't looked up anything on the elite four, so my team isn't made to counter anything to do with it. I just decided I really needed a dark type. I only mentioned the elite four because I had been planning to use my current team against them, once I stop procrastinating and challenge the eighth gym leader.

Wait, is my current team a good counter against the elite four? Because if so, that was completely by accident. I am entirely adding Pokemon in just because I like them. (I still try and keep my team diverse, but yeah. Only Pokemon I really like go on my teams.)

Another

Mar 19, 2008
I'd say Raichu or Hawlucha personally. Lucario already covers fight type moves, flying type is a type I don't find particularly useful unless its packing roost and brave bird, and Gardevoir can cover your electric type needs with thunderbolt. Can't say much on Gogoat since I haven't used one.

k7avenger

Sep 26, 2010
I say box the goat. Its not offering you any advantages that you wouldn't have with the rest of your team.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Definitely Raichu. Gardevoir can learn Thunderbolt, and Raichu's movepool, stats, and abilities are all pretty poor.

Zoroark would definitely be an improvement. But be aware: The computer WON'T be fooled by Zoroark's ability.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Leemaster777 said:
Definitely Raichu. Gardevoir can learn Thunderbolt, and Raichu's movepool, stats, and abilities are all pretty poor.

Zoroark would definitely be an improvement. But be aware: The computer WON'T be fooled by Zoroark's ability.
Good thing I wasn't getting a Zoroark for it's ability. Might be fun in online though.

...Does it say that I'm throwing out a Zoroark if I don't throw it out first?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
waj9876 said:
Leemaster777 said:

Good thing I wasn't getting a Zoroark for it's ability. Might be fun in online though.

...Does it say that I'm throwing out a Zoroark if I don't throw it out first?
Every time you switch Zoroark in, it copies the last non-fainted Pokemon in your party. So you can switch it in multiple times and have it copy different Pokemon.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
waj9876 said:
I haven't looked up anything on the elite four, so my team isn't made to counter anything to do with it. I just decided I really needed a dark type. I only mentioned the elite four because I had been planning to use my current team against them, once I stop procrastinating and challenge the eighth gym leader.

Wait, is my current team a good counter against the elite four? Because if so, that was completely by accident. I am entirely adding Pokemon in just because I like them. (I still try and keep my team diverse, but yeah. Only Pokemon I really like go on my teams.)
Your team is pretty good against the elite four. I'd just recommend bringing a good water type (something at least moderately tanky) to bolster your team (there are some guys it'll really help with).

Also, maybe having two fighting types is really redundant (lucario's steel typing makes it preferable).

Actually, Zoroark would be good to fill some holes in your team.