Poll: Pokemon Black & White: Which Starter will you/did you choose?

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
My girlfriend got it for me yesterday as an early birthday present, I chose Tepig, though I was tempted by Smugleaf.
Tepig's just adorable, and it's evolutions are pretty damn awesome, even if they do have the same type combonation as Blaziken and Infernape.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Tepig. Enjoying him so far, but likely won't evolve him until my gag reflex is used to his second and third stage.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I always love water because it was my first choice in my first game (blue). But this time, Tepig is just too cute to pass up.

Samechiel

Nov 4, 2009
Ralts.

She's the best, because I can give her punches when she evolves and she does MIND BULLETS.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
This is interesting. I was just asking a freind of mine a couple weeks ago if he thought I would like Pokemon since he seems to really enjoy it.

"Oh HELL no." was his response. I asked him why and he said because it lacked any real depth. He said he liked it because it was what started him on games like this and it was simple and fun but it sounds like those of you who play it talk about it as if it had at least some depth.

Anyone want to talk me down here?

*still waiting for a Pokemon named Captcha!*

Meilow

Dec 5, 2009
I usually stick with water. Blastoise was the shit, so was Feraligator. I never got Diamond/Pearl, but I got back into it with HS/SS.

That being said, breaking the mold, and going with Snivy, that's like a grass form of a badass Dratini (minus the retarded final form, Dragonair). The fire pig looks gay as fuck, but the 2nd and 3rd forms of Oshwatt look pretty sick.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Snivy. It's final form is so awesome, also my brother wants me to name it Excalibur. Also if I get White after PAX East I am going to chose Oshawott.

fanozelda9

Dec 10, 2009
I'm going with Tepig, because I prefer fire-types and I can name him Ganon. I've also picked my main team based on my ability to give them nicknames based on Zelda enemies.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Oshawatt.

It can learn fucking Megahorn on it's final form.

And Snivy is shit on offense, with a really poor movepool full of nothing my grass offensive move and support moves to match. Cool looking, though.

Oshawatt gets fucking Megahorn.

Black Phoenix

Iridescence
Sep 19, 2010
Snivy. I was gonna thinking of going with Oshawott, but i know I'll just end up dumping all my water HMs on the poor thing, like I do with every water starter, which is why I tend to avoid them these days.

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
mikev7.0 said:
This is interesting. I was just asking a freind of mine a couple weeks ago if he thought I would like Pokemon since he seems to really enjoy it.

"Oh HELL no." was his response. I asked him why and he said because it lacked any real depth. He said he liked it because it was what started him on games like this and it was simple and fun but it sounds like those of you who play it talk about it as if it had at least some depth.

Anyone want to talk me down here?

*still waiting for a Pokemon named Captcha!*
I think the thing with Pokémon is that the core story/campaign is simplistic enough that a ten-year-old could pick it up and make it through the game with minimal headaches, but the incredible strategic depth of it all really starts to shine through in the multiplayer metagame battling.
I've seen some stunning fights churned out by folks on youtube.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Bobbity said:
The damned game doesn't come out here for another four days :(
Anyway, I'm prolly going to go for the water pokemon, because I don't like the other two, and I base that decision purely on how they look. I still think the first gen pokemon were the best :p
I feel your pain mate, I'm down in Melbourne, waiting impatiently for Black and White. And yes the first gen looked the best, except for Feraligatr from gen two.

OT: I'm gonna choose Tepig and make it my first fire type starter ever, since for the first time ever the water or grass starters aren't cooler looking to me than the fire type.

I mean, how can you resist a tiny little mexican wrestler piggy?? Even tho fire/fighting is was overdone.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Meilow said:
I usually stick with water. Blastoise was the shit, so was Feraligator. I never got Diamond/Pearl, but I got back into it with HS/SS.

That being said, breaking the mold, and going with Snivy, that's like a grass form of a badass Dratini (minus the retarded final form, Dragonair). The fire pig looks gay as fuck, but the 2nd and 3rd forms of Oshwatt look pretty sick.
I've always stuck with water type as well, except for Gen 4 and this gen, since they both look like they fell underneath a parade.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Snivy, and he has Evolved into Servine ^_^ 4 more levels till Serpeirior

I also have Unfeazent, Gurdurr, Zebstika, Palpitoad and Sorlipede

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oshawatt.

It can learn fucking Megahorn on it's final form.

And Snivy is shit on offense, with a really poor movepool full of nothing my grass offensive move and support moves to match. Cool looking, though.

Oshawatt gets fucking Megahorn.
Snivy from the Dream World has an Ability where stat reduction is reversed...

Growl and Leafstorm up his special/attack respectively and Leer and Screech up defence...

Swagger would decrease attack...

In other words, don't underestimate ;)