Poll: Pokemon Gen 3 remake thread.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
So, the next pokemon games are just about to be released, so I figured I'd make a thread about it.
Are you guys excited?
What do you think of those new Mega evolutions?
Will you be using a game's Starter or just import one from another game?
What's your team gonna look like for these new games (assuming you've even thought about it)

Personally, the remakes look really promising. I'm going to get Alpha Sapphire due to an agreement with a friend (though am beginning to regret it because lol Groudon).
As for team, I'm leaning towards Treecko, but eh, I like Mudkip too :/

Also, for news and stuff I'm just gonna link this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2fzocd/oras_update_thread/
Since it clearly does a better job than I ever could.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
my problem is I prefer Groudon as a legendary because dinosaurs are cool; but I like Team Aqua as adversaries because pirates are cool

so I'm still undecided on which version to get yet... although Brendan still looks like crap so I'll be playing as May :(

this will be a treat for me anyways, I remember when I was a wee little kid this was my first pokeymanz game so I'm happy to see what has changed

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Orginally I was going to get Omega Ruby but I change to Aplha Sapphire for two reason-
1. For some unkown bizzare reason, Omega Ruby cost abit more (Ā£1.01) compared to Alpha Sapphire on Amazon UK (my site to buy games from), serious WTH?-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pok%C3%A9mon-Omega-Ruby-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00KCFLXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411060062&sr=8-1&keywords=omega+ruby

2. I found out my mate is going to get Omega Ruby whose I'm will trade Pokemon with.

I'm somewhat conflicted as I originally owned Ruby so I abit bias wanting to get Ruby more mainly cos of the exlcusive (I know I can trade online but I prefered having them already in the game) and I prefered Team Magma as the villain (it make more sense that they want more land since Earth is mainly water which last time I've check, human need land to lived on unless it is Waterworld).

Anyway on topic-

Are you guys excited?
Kinda, it's your typical Pokemon game with the same mechanical but with different Pokemon set. I'm not saying this is a bad thing otherwise I would of stop buying it ages ago. The game doesn't wow me when it come to the story or mechanic as it hasn't become drastically different yet other than being in 3d.

What do you think of those new Mega evolutions?
Meh, Most of them I would be using in my team.

Will you be using a game's Starter or just import one from another game?
Starter since I haven't got another 3DS to transfered them over nor do I used Pokemon Bank.

What's your team gonna look like for these new games (assuming you've even thought about it)

I know I will used Arrgon and Gardivour in my team for sure.
Other than those two, I have some ideas but it's not finalize. at the moment I am torn at using Mudkip or Torchic. I used and liked Mudkip before but I want to used other water Pokemon like Milotic or Walrein and while I want to give Torchic a second time, but it was somewhat awkward to used later on as Blaziken due to its uneven stats. Also I am torn at using either Salamance, Flagon or Altaria and no this isn't about them being dragon type, it's more about having a Pokemon who can used Fly. I know that Salamance is OP and Altaria megaform is interesting cos it's Fairy/ Dragon type but I did liked Flagon being ground/ dragon type too.
There is also consider using the Beldum from the online giveaway too..

Granted all of this may not matter once I actually played the game again.

Spanglish Guy

Sep 8, 2014
I am on the fence with this remake. I loved pokemon ruby back when I got it and it's the generation I spent most timeon, however I am still unsure as to whether I am willing to pay full price to play that story line again, maybe if I see it on a sale or something. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one as I am very interested to see how it turns out.

Edit: Oh and I voted for Omega Ruby since that's the one I would get.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Ill flip a coin moments after ordering my 3DS... then ask my friends which one theyre getting.

Though if i had the option, ill take Sapphire.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I still haven't decided, actually.

Both Groudon and Kyogre look cool, and I don't have a particular preference for Team Magma OR Team Aqua.

I can't even say "I'll get the updated version of the one I played back in the day!"... since I played Emerald first. I'm not sure what other version exclusives there are this time around. I guess when I find out, that's when I'll choose.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Mega slowbro can fuck off, hate its design.

I don;t own a 3DS, but if I did, Alpha sapphire all the way. First box-fresh game I bought for my gameboy advance and potentially my favourite pokemon game ever (tied with the classic silver)

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I will get both eventually, but I only get one at launch. I'll be getting Omega Ruby first since I prefer Groudon a little more than Kyogre, and I always find myself getting the "first" version of each gen. Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black, Black 2, X, etc. Though I usually get both at some point so it does not matter.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I'm getting Ruby. I had Ruby on the GBA.

Team Magma's plan always made sense to me. Increasing the land mass means more resources and living space, we have far too much ocean and not enough land. Team Aqua's plan to make more ocean is actual retardation, seriously who the fuck would want more ocean?
So I always feel guilty beating team Magma, but I do really like Groudon and his new primal ability removing his water weakness is awesome.

I'm avin Sceptile as usual he is great for fighting team Magma's ground types, I'm importing the Torchic with speedboost from X and Y. So I'll have a Blaziken too. I'll have Aggron and Gardevoir on my team again as well. The Shiny Mega metagross event interests me, but Aggron uses the steel space in my party so I'm not to sure.

I do like Mega Loppuny though I'll probably have one of them

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
With the remakes, I always get the updated version of the game I had first, so Alpha Sapphire for me. My only concern is that I'm very unlucky with picking my games in regards to legendaries. In the games I've selected, I can get a total of 3 Latias and 1 Latios. The original Sapphire only allowed one to catch Latias, and I really don't like Latias enough to get a PILE of the bloody things. This was the first generation to have version exclusive legendaries, so I hope they allow you to pick which Lati to get like in Emerald.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
This gen was always my favorite, though I couldn't tell you why. At any rate, i'll be getting Omega Ruby for now, since that's what I had when a wee child. (Without the Omega) And wait patiently for the Ultra Emerald or whatever.

So, well, i'm excited about it yeah. But honestly, I don't really like mega-evolution in general. There is no reason these couldn't be standard evolutions for the pokemon they have.

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
Sapphire was my first pokemon game. Not going back with Alpha Sapphire feels like it would be...sacrilegious, somehow.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I was born in September, So I'm pretty sure that means I'm legally obligated to buy Sapphire, much like how my brother, born in July, is getting ruby.

It's too bad for me. I can't look forward to any of these cool new megaevolutions (like altaria) because of my pokemon tradition. Every pokemon game that comes out, I choose one pokemon to transfer over from my old team to my new team. (I bring over the rest too, but I choose not to use them until after the elite 4) And the pokemon that I learned to love the most was my mega-evolved Medichampion. It's even fitting cuz gen. 3 and all that.

I don't have an actual team in mind, but I know of a few pokemon I'll probably get, like Shiftry, Slaking, Cradily, and Pelistorm. Honestly I can't feel all that excited for this game. All my 3ds hype is going towards Smash Bros. Right now and really, gen. 3 is probably my least favorite generation. I don't even know why, but, even as a die-hard nintendo fan like myself, I've never actually finished the mainquest of it back in the day. Hopefully the remake keeps my interest longer.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I'm getting OmegaRuby and starting with Swampert, since that is the combination I had when I played the Generation III versions originally (and my first Pokemon games at-all). It works well to have Groudon too since I have an excess of Kyorges from other games.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Well I'm still holding out for the potential Emerald remake, but if they don't make one I'm going Sapphire.
Because blue is a good colour and Kyogre looks awesome, as long as it doesn't open its mouth.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
I'm getting Alpha Sapphire since it was the one I used to have.
I don't really use Mega Pokemon but with all of the bashing Audino and Slowbro get I just might start using them.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Alpha Sapphire for me. I already got Groudon from SoulSilver.

Gonna choose Treecko, I rarely choose the grass starter but he's one of my favourites out of all of them.

The Mega Evolutions are aiight, but I don't see myself using most of them.

My team always has the starter, at least one electric type, an eeveelution if possible, the version mascot and the rest of the slots have whatever the "best" pokemon available in the game are.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I'm getting Alpha Sapphire, because Kyogre is way better than Groudon. I have fond memories of wrecking everything in Ubers with a Kyogre rain team. I've got no real preference for the other exclusives. Starter-wise I'll probably pick Treecko, since Sceptile's mega looks badass. Grass Dragon? Hell yeah.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
*Frown* No mega flygon yet.

This displeases me. Flygon is literally my only shiny pokemon found in a decade. A DECADE.

No I do not play obsessively so the pokemon I do train and catch are seriously cherished, and I wanted nothing more for the dagger of my team (attack and speed) to get a mega from the games he first hailed from.

But alas, they chose that stiff looking abomination salamence....and freaking AUDINO. I mEaN REALLy. REALLY.

I'll get the game on pay day likely, a little over a week after release.

And since I got Sapphire first time... I think getting Alpha Sapphire is necessary.