Poll: Poll: Adama vs Picard

Ken Korda

Nov 21, 2008
This is nerd-tastic!

And it's definitely Picard without a shadow of a doubt. If Adama was interegated by the Cardasians he'd have broken in a second.

There are four lights!

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
Compared to Adama (or the average man) Picard is a pussified liberal nothing. What has Picard risked, lost, sacrificed, or endured compared to a man who's entire civilization was wiped out, son is repeatedly sent into battle, and the only woman he loves is going to die of cancer?
Let's see, he's kept all of humanity in existence in the face of an omnipotent being who put humanity on trial for, oh, I don't know, shits and giggles. He then rescued humanity after total assimilation. His entire species has been wiped out at least twice. Utterly. And he dealt. Kicked ass, really. Oh, and he did live a whole life and watch another adopted civilization go extinct. He was on the table because he was a punk kid and got in a fight wherein an alien (I don't remember the species) shoved a knife through him. This is all without (until now) mentioning the thing everyone else has, and that's his assimilation.

I'm not knocking Adama, though. He's a badass, too. I'm just saying that Picard is not the pansy you think he is.

Furthermore, I've been a fan of Picard for pretty much the majority of my life, and Adama's been a recent edition. And then there's the fact that I saw Patrick Stewart perform live on Broadway not once, but twice. He did A Christmas Carol. By himself. Amazing. And then he was in The Tempest. My parents got to see him again in the last couple of years. Lucky fuckers. so, I suppose I'm a little biased, but that's what the poll is all about, right?

Oh, and as much as I love Mal, he didn't get enough time to really develop on screen. Not even a full season. But yeah, I'd roll with him, too. But he was fairly well developed in the little time they did give him.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
Ken Korda said:
This is nerd-tastic!

And it's definitely Picard without a shadow of a doubt. If Adama was interegated by the Cardasians he'd have broken in a second.

There are four lights!
And this, too. Picard is a badass.

WhiteRavven

Mar 10, 2009
I have to go with Picard ~ <3.

Adama is up there too, but in the way of things:

John Sheridan
Picard
Haratio Hornblower (if you don't know who he is look him up but I love his character and flaws and... eeee.. his tatics are amazing)
Adama.

:3

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Captain Malcolm Reynolds.
oliveira8 said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
You must choose.
Captain Jack O'Niell from Stargate Sg-1!
And him too.
We're rebels, *****.
You insolent welp, this insurgency must be crushed!

Sush ; "Captain Picard, this is Sush, breach in thread "adama vs Picard", certain forum users are praising someone not on the poll"
Captain Picard, "do what you must, picard out"

You red shirts are in for it, your not getting out of this thread alive.