Poll: Poll: Adama vs Picard

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
You knew this day would come. The day that all of us, all of those who have loved Battlestar Galactica and the steady, determined reliability that is Admiral Adama. A veteran of the Cylon Wars and the man that saved humanity time and again. And yet his ability to admit when he's wrong, to take chances, and even act from his heart show a side of humanity that's rare in such characters. If the apocalypse went down, I'd roll with this guy.

But there is one Captain who is his equal. One man who has endured equal if not more hardships. Picard. He proved the merits of humanity to Immortal Beings, survived assimilation, and even kicked the crap out of a clone of his younger self. Like Adama, he's selective about his ladies. Particularly because he married, had kids, and deeply loved a woman for a whole lifetime before he found out IT WAS ALL IN HIS HEAD.

You must choose.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
adama all the way, i just loved the shexy moustache he grew in season 2 :p although O'neil is a kickass leader too

mark_n_b

Mar 24, 2008
Datalord said:
PICARD, how can i vote against a bald frenchie? with an ANDROID on his ship?
technically Adama has a whole bunch of androids on his ship. And a French character is just as good as a sci-fi Grecian...

But I'm not sure how fond the escapist is of low content vs threads.

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
mark_n_b said:
Datalord said:
PICARD, how can i vote against a bald frenchie? with an ANDROID on his ship?
technically Adama has a whole bunch of androids on his ship. And a French character is just as good as a sci-fi Grecian...

But I'm not sure how fond the escapist is of low content vs threads.
But Picard is a bald frenchie who used to be a cyborg, and went back in time, and a whole lot of other sh*t, and Data is the KEWLEST GUY EVAR (notice how he makes up the first half of my name)

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
I would have voted for Kirk.

But noooo, the Shat-man isn't good enough for your poll, eh?

I thought you were a good person, Jeffries. I see I was wrong.

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
Picard/Patrick Stewart - by virtue of his vast experience in Shakespeare. Or 'Shakespearence', if you will.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Adama now and forever. I love him because he is far more human (along with the rest of the cast) than Picard is. My main problem with star trek was how fake most of the characters were and how the entire series made the human race into a bunch of jumpsuit wearing pussies save for a few exceptions. Picard is a pushover compared to the shit Adama has done, and Saul Tai could kick Rikers ass any day.

oliveira8 said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
You must choose.
Captain Jack O'Niell from Stargate Sg-1!
Dude putting him in would make the poll unfair, I mean he was MCGUYVER!! you cannot compete with him. Not only has he faught aliens and saved entire civilizations from god like beings, but he could MAKE the enterprise out of a beat up pinto, and old turbine, and criptonite (dont ask how he got it).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
-Seraph- said:
Adama now and forever. I love him because he is far more human (along with the rest of the cast) than Picard is. My main problem with star trek was how fake most of the characters were and how the entire series made the human race into a bunch of jumpsuit wearing pussies save for a few exceptions. Picard is a pushover compared to the shit Adama has done, and Saul Tai could kick Rikers ass any day.
Seconded really, Adama is more, as the popular saying goes, grittier. Tougher, so to speak. Picard still has an air of style around him though, but it's all pretty much parody compared to Adama.
To illustrate this poll,
Picard:

vs

Adama:

Adama looks more...respectable.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I like Adama for his ability to just throw aside the professionalism bullshit and just go "fuck this I'm doing it like this and if you don't like it then the airlock is to the right". Picard has had his moments but he's always bin too uptight and is too "professional" which gets old.

Assassinator said:
Adama looks more...respectable.
Yea colonial uniforms > than feddie jumpsuits

Snadwich Wizard

Aug 13, 2008
To me, Adama's eyes look like they are daring the galaxy something at him that he genuinely cant handle. I think he secretly gets some sort of adrenaline-fuelled high out of kicking the crap out of 20 Base Stars all before tea time.
Also, as much as I love Picard and Star Trek in general, lets face it, those outfits dont exactly inspire respect. More...comedy.
Adama is way more hardcore. And I loved BattleStar Galactica long before I even knew about Star Trek.

And to whoever said Malcolm Reynolds, I can only shake your hand and nod slowly in agreement.