Poll: (poll) best batman re-imaging

Cameron Baxter

Jan 24, 2010
due to all the hype of arkham city i just wondered what you escapists thought about this question which is the best batman in a non comic medium?

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Since I didn't care for AA, and Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies, I'll go with Nolan.

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Cameron Baxter said:
p.s i have only included the good ones so please forget about adam west
I SHALL DO NO SUCH THING, THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Nah, but I loved Chris Nolan's adaptation, and I've only seen the first Tim Burton movie. Adam West > all else though...

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Adam West, but since one is preposterously taken out of this flawed poll I have to go for Tim Burton, because Jack Nicholson is an astronomously big Joker for 1989 and Michael Keaton fits the Nerdy Bruce Wayne multimillionaire rather perfectly.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I do like the new movies, but my favourite of those listed is probably the Rocksteady interpretation.

My favourite of all time was a Batman crossover involving Dracula and a bunch of other vampires. Yeah, it's silly sounding, but it was done pretty well.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
Michael Keaton has and always will be the best Batman. He was so much better at juggling two different personalities. Christian Bale makes for a growling and bland Batman and an even blander Bruce Wayne, but the worst Batman is Clooney. I enjoy Mark Hamill's Joker far better than any other incarnation, although I think that Heath Ledger put forth a great effort.

Oct 30, 2010
Timmverse Batman.

Rocksteady make a great Batman game, but a pretty bland Batman.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Batman The Animated Series is my personal favorite by a large margin. There are just so many great stories and wonderful voice actors along side a wonderful art style.

The other portrayals have been well done except for Chris Nolan. Dark Knight was great, but the voice used for Batman pulls me out those scenes.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
i liked all of the ones you put up there except for Tim Burton since he was a bit of a knob but i liked the Arkham Asylum one the best and after that the TAS one i think its fitting that the producers from TAS had a role in the Arkham asylum batman too

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Batman: TAS without a doubt. No contest! Also, I must be in the huge minority in that I thought the new Batman movies by Nolan were pretty terrible. Even the fabled Dark Knight.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Definitely Batman: The Animated Series. Kevin Conroy is the best Batman ever. If you disagree he'll punch you in the face.

IN THE FACE

Having said that, I find myself really enjoying Batman: The Brave and the Bold. It has just enough camp factor from the Silver Age to be funny and endearing without being obnoxious or completely stupid. I also like the retro look and feel.

Oh yeah, and also this:

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
As far as I'm concerned, The Animated Series is the definitive Batman. It gets everything right, including things the original incarnation didn't do particularly well, like Mr. Freeze and The Clock King.

Rocksteady's Arkham series is a pretty close second to best Batman, though.

I like the Nolan movies, but it departs very heavily from what I consider "Batman", including both the character and the universe he inhabits. It's great, but it's too different to really be "Batman".

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Animated Series FTW! It's the definitive Batman. Ledger's Joker was great, but he's no Mark Hammil. Also, just an unneeded shot: Burton should never make another comic adaptation again!

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I loved the realism of Nolan's. The strangest part is that he actually made a billionaire who dresses up like a bat believable.

But with all the others, they have at least a little bit of fantasy, which I don't enjoy as much.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
The Animated Series, I honestly don't think there is really any other contender. It created an insanely memorable character in Harley Quinn and it has set the back stories for many characters that has carried on in the batman universe.