Poll: Poll: Correct pronunciation of The Escapist

IkeGreil29

Jul 25, 2010
My friend always giggles when I mention the Escapist, because I pronounce it "Es-cah-pist" while he pronounces it "Es-cay-pist".

What do you think is correct? (If neither, then please say how you say it)

ClassicJokester

I Love You.
Apr 16, 2010
Ummmm, It's pretty definitely "Es-cay-pist", as in, "one that escapes".

In other news, "The Escapist" now looks completely wonky like words do when you think about them too much.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Es-Cah-Pist? No...just, no, that's totally fucking wrong. Accent or no accent, that is not how you pronounce it.

BuGGaTon

Feb 11, 2009
I laugh whenever anyone says "Wrath" with an a like in "cat" as opposed to the o in "otter".

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Escape-ist. (Es-Kay-pissed)

BuGGaTon said:
I laugh whenever anyone says "Wrath" with an a like in "cat" as opposed to the o in "otter".
You are from England aren't you? Otter is the British pronunciation whereas Cat is the American.

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
Snarky Username said:
Well do you pronounce escape "Es-cahp" or "Es-cayp"

Skip to 1:20.

I think that's how the OP pronounces it.

OP: Es-cay-pist is the correct way to say it.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
BuGGaTon said:
Wait, what?

On topic. I, like everybody else in this thread is, cay.

Edit.
crudus said:
You are from England aren't you? Otter is the British pronunciation whereas Cat is the American.
Well I was born and raised in the UK and I say wrath ... what the hell is wroth?

Another edit. There both words, just learned something new.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
who the hell says es-cah-pist?? Understandable if english isn't there first language and they are dyslexic or something..