Poll: Poll: If you could ban one thing in modern action games, what would it be?

Minimike3636

Mar 29, 2009
shaltir said:
i beat RE4 on easy and actually managed to die once....does that mean i have to stay inside to play?
It means you're a gamer for two reasons.
1) You beat the game
2) You didn't play the hardest difficulty right off the bat (meaning, you weren't trying to prove your skill to the world that doesn't care about your videogame Campaigning skills)

So you get a cookie. Now you can play on Medium.

dragonflygirl

Apr 2, 2009
I want to ban the handgun. if your going to kill someone do it with some style, or with a gun that at least looks badass

Faps

Jul 27, 2008
Crappy endings! GoW 2, CoD 4, Halo 3, Prototype, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3. They all had fucking terrible endings, I want massive baddies that come out the ground or something that is harder than the rest of the game not just a super anti climax of shite. And some closure, I'm looking at you Gears of War 2!

Bioshock is the only one I've played recently with a good ending.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
the stupid shoehorned in "horror" level that's usually more annoying than scary because it's so dark you cant see anything

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Radeonx said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
The dull and opressive settings. I want to see a shooter set in a land of rainbows.
If there was a game with rainbow dwelling animals fighting eachother in gory firefights, I'd buy it definitely.
Pokemon! Okay, so it's not gory, but the rainbow-dwelling animals are there.

I would ban games with only 4-hours of single player, no multiplayer, and very few extras (Wanted WOF. I'm looking at you.)

TheVaultDweller

Jun 26, 2009
The constant need for games to be "REALISTIC"
Maybe I like being able to jump a hundred feet in the air and launch off two rocket launchers at the same time, like good ol' goldeneye.

Also, terrible plot twists that everybody saw coming. Actually, terrible plots in general.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
It's not so much that it's gritty and dark, it's just that real life doesn't look like that. There's a lot more light in real life than most games seem to emulate without making everything uniform brightness.

I don't want happy rainbow candy mountain fairy land colours. I just want it to look real.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I want to play a game where it doesn't take a whole clip to down someone. Make the weapons do some real damage. I love Hardcore mode on COD4, now why can't more games let me do this.

Weapons are meant to kill people. Lets see more developers remember this. No wonder they went back to bow and arrows in gears of war. The lancer was shit, it took hundreds of rounds to kill anyone.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Limited number of weapons you can carry. If I ever get forced to go to war, I'm taking as many guns as I can carry, not just a machine gun and a pistol.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
Insta-Kill Grenades. Thank you Call Of Duty for making me hate grenades even more lol.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Quick time events, every thing else I can handle and cope with. But I hate QTE, especially the ones where you have to mash one of the buttons incredibly fast