Poll: Poll: If you ever have a daughter, will you have her circumcised?

Flac00

May 19, 2010
I may sound weird saying this. But I didn't even know women could be circumcised. So, no answer here

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Its far more severe then male circumcisions and it is not uncommon for those women to die of bleeding to death! Stop comparing them, especially for a God damn joke or some stupid point!

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
female circumcision is designed specifically to make women less sexually responsive. there is absolutely no other reason for it, and that is the only effect it has; in fact, typically circumcised women are completely unable to achieve orgasm. that's why this mutilation is only practiced in countries where women are considered unclean or subhuman.

say what you will about male circumcision, at least circumcised men can still perform sexually. unnecessary? maybe, but certainly not harmful, and i speak as a circumcised male.

omegawyrm

Nov 23, 2009
So You're cutting parts off the genitals in both procedures, but since it's not as bad for men, that makes it OK?

You people scare my penis.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Nope, unless there was a genuine medical reason for it...or something along those lines.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
It's painful, causes body disfigurement, can make it hard and painful to pee, and provides no benifits whatsoever. Yeah, I'm going to pass on that.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Its an interesting question I must say. For me it is mainly interesting because I tend to play devils advocate against whatever the consensus of the thread is up to the point I decide to post. This is one of the few occasions that its really difficult for me to offer up an opposing argument.

In the brief research I did (yeah Im another one who was oblivious that this even existed) I learned that there are basically 3 types of this process. Two of which result in either whole or partial removal of a female sexual organ in the Clit. Which that makes it seem almost akin to castration.

Now before I say this, I am not approving of this in any way shape or form. With that said. after seeing a sample picture, I can understand how this came about. I can envision some dumbass thinking to themselves " God that thing looks so ugly, it looks like an open bleeding wound, maybe it should be sewn up." on a purely esthetic level it can be argued it looks better, but my god, If your worried about what it looks like, your totally doin it rong, cause it never has been about what it looks like, its about what it feels like. The phrase "Bumpin uglies" comes to mind.

I think the most disturbing part of this is the notion that this happens to young girls, and the parents (presumably the father) are/is really concerned what his daughter looks like down there. Are they mutilating their daughters for their own sake? or someone elses?

OT: As bad as this is, its interesting to know that some women are in essence doing the same thing to themselves with rejuvenation surgery. (Yeah I refuse to use the V word because, I hate how the media uses the clinical term in places it does not belong.) Some women are actually electing to mutilate themselves in a somewhat similar fashion (though no where near as extreme) all because of a either a massive case of roast beef, Cabbage roll or old fashioned Barbara Bush lips (kudos if you know the reference)

Anyway.. Thank you OP, you have offered up a topic I actually had to not only think about but do research and thus in the process learned something. Kinda wish I hadn't but I would rather be disturbed and knowledgable than unshaken and ignorant.

Edit: Oh on male circum. I am cut, and I would argue that it does have the potential to be more sanitary. I would also argue that the notion of desensitization is utter bullshit. Thankfully I am getting to a stage in my life where my libido is decreasing, and alot more sensitive than I would want to be.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
thylasos said:
No. Female Genital Mutilation, as it's known outside commmunities which practice it, is a fucking barbaric practice merited by NOTHING WHATSOEVER.

I realise the OP may have been made in sarcasm, but personally I don't see the humour.
Yeah...not sure if topic creator meant this in the same vein as "Dead Baby Humor" or if s/he was ignorant of the matter, but if you're actually aware of what "Female Circumcision" is you wouldn't find it funny in the slightest.
Unless you're a criminally sick fuck anyway.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

"Cook states that historically, the term female circumcision was used, but that "this procedure in whatever form it is practiced is not at all analogous to male circumcision and so the term 'female circumcision' gave way to the term 'female genital mutilation'"[20] Shell-Duncan states that the term female circumcision is a euphemism for a variety of procedures for altering the female genitalia.[21] Toubia argued, in 1995, that the term female circumcision "implies a fallacious analogy to nonmutilating male circumcision, in which the foreskin is cut off from the tip of the penis without damaging the organ itself."

These are hardly similar topics. If you don't appreciate male circumcision, I would beg you not to compare it to female circumcision.

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
EonEire said:
Serris said:
for men, circumsision is a matter of hygiene: it's not necessary, but it's more hygienic.
I have to disagree there, I'm not circumcised and its only unhygienic if you are lazy it takes possibly 6 seconds extra in the shower, that's it.
I couldn't disagree more, it takes at least 9 seconds more, sheesh.
I am so glad my parents decided not to cut me too

uto

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I'm pretty sure this is illegal in most countries and well it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose other than making it hard for a woman to achieve sexual pleasure so... No... Why would I ever force my hypothetical daughter to have this done to her.

I imagine this kind of thing is only legal in those Countries where women aren't really considered people. Or at least I hope it is.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
EonEire said:
Serris said:
for men, circumsision is a matter of hygiene: it's not necessary, but it's more hygienic.
I have to disagree there, I'm not circumcised and its only unhygienic if you are lazy it takes possibly 6 seconds extra in the shower, that's it.
Thats not what he means. >_> Its much easier to avoid getting infections if you are circumsized. I highly doubt he meant how long it takes you to wash the damn thing...

Mastercylinder

Jun 27, 2010
DEEEHRP DEEEHEURHP DERP.

Yes of course, right after I buy my flame-thrower Snow-plow and pledge my allegiance to Cthullu.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
Peteron said:
EonEire said:
Serris said:
Thats not what he means. >_> Its much easier to avoid getting infections if you are circumsized. I highly doubt he meant how long it takes you to wash the damn thing...
Part of that is covered by washing it regularly, I would assume.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Two things:
You forgot the obligatory pancakes/bacon option.
and
Women can get circumcised?

Edit: Heh, captcha was "Iithiksk called" I don't know who Iithiksk is, but now I'm scared.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
conflictofinterests said:
Peteron said:
EonEire said:
Serris said:
Part of that is covered by washing it regularly, I would assume.
Everyone (I would hope) washes it regularly. 6 Seconds means nothing, and that still dosent rule out the risks, at ALL.