Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I'm on my third PS2. My brother sold the first one for drugs. My second I never turned off and the motor that spins the disc died (I did laugh at my insane game times though, I have several games with over 800 hours, not really surprising it broke). My third works just fine and I'm keeping it nice so hopefully it will last.

Neeko Masochist

Apr 11, 2008
My Original PS2 sill works, yep. As a matter of fact, so does my very original Playstation as well. (Not the PSOne shit. The ACTUAL Grey Box Playstation.)

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Fat original about 7 years old, honestly, it's in better condition than my PS3!

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I got the PS2 on release day over 10 years ago. Not only does the console work, but so does the memory card, and by coincidence, the original controller started spazzing out today, but has worked perfectly thus far.

I compare that to my three 360's which all came and went within a year of each other and I weep.

Tay051173096

Jun 10, 2011
Neeko Masochist said:
My Original PS2 sill works, yep. As a matter of fact, so does my very original Playstation as well. (Not the PSOne shit. The ACTUAL Grey Box Playstation.)
Same here, the playstation(1) works after 13-14 years. Why can't other thing be like that...

Pirate1019

Sep 23, 2009
My PS2 is a newer slim model, but it's gone through more shit than most of your old ass systems. I hoof that shit all over the place and it's normally just tossed into a backpack and left to clunk around with a dozen other things. I voided the warranty when I tore it open to tape and tissue mod it. It has fingerprints all over the inside. I've left it on for days at a time and it's survived power surges that bricked a few of my computer hard drives.

I think the only system more resilient than a PS2 is a Gamecube. You can drop those motherfuckers right out the window of a second story building and not only will they still turn on, you probably fixed that open tray button that sticks down all the time.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Mine was a launch console and it is still kicking.

p.s. If Squenix really wants me to buy the new FFX remake, there better be SOMETHING added to it. Because seriously, i've played that thing a hundred times over. Maybe they should make it reflect the international version. That would be awesome.

PENANCE, HERE I COME!

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
It works but it has this funny thing where on the bottom of the screen a band of weird colors that sometimes correspond to whats going on at the top of the screen show up. The top of the screen is cut off. I have no idea wtf.

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
I still have my PS2. I am in fact still using it. I've had it since 2004, me thinks, and it has stood the test of time. The controllers? Not so much...

I also have an original PS1, but it's my third. :p

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
My original ps2 got blown up cause it was american and plugged it in by accident one day, buzzed and smoked so in the trash.

Second one was a ps2 fat and it kinda stopped playing games (something wrong with disc tray)

3rd was bought for a song and continues to be played!

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
It works but I have to put some paperweight on the power cord port on the PS2 slim so then it could generate some power into the system.

Akyho

Nov 28, 2010
Mine was the first Gen of PS2 broke recently when the controller ports wouldnt work and then i opened it up and found three spiders....i blame them.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah it does, it's too bad I sold like half of my games so I could buy Eragon and Call of Duty 3.......I was an idiot....

And also my N64 still works