Poll: Poll: What's your favorite mecha type?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I've always been a huge Gundam fanboy, so that's clear cut for me.

Honorable mentions:

Macross' Variable Fighters (VF-25 and VF-27 are hottttt)
Armored Cores
Escaflowne's Melefs
Ghost in the Shell multiped tanks (Tachikoma and the like)
Metal Gears
AT-AT, AT-ST, AT-TE

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
JupiterBase said:
I think Meisters are bad ass from the gundam setting, superb pilots gunners and melee fighters rolled into one. But i voted other, because there's nothing more brutal then piloting a mech into battle from the Battletech world your mech is a fucking nuclear bomb and you have to let people shoot at it! That what being a MechWarrior is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm76b8tzzWI
Oh man, that brings back memories. I remember playing that game. A lot.

Probably my favorite type of mech.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Once Japan learns to use Burst mode with it's Freedom Gundam's you're all screwed! Bwahaha!

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
gundams kick ass... but i love all mecha equally (well gundams are just kick ass by nature :p)

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
Well, if I must shoot them, I'd say Daishi. They're walking torsos on two legs. Easy shot.

If I must pilot them, I'd say the Uziel. Versatile, fast, deadly.

Of course, we're talking MechWarrior here!

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I have to go with Battletech also. I guess it's due to the fact that played the pen and paper game in my youth. I also hold a special place in my heart for the Mechwarrior pc games. So much fun....I can't wait for the new one to come out.

AMCization

Jun 1, 2009
Knightmare Frames Ftw!

Mordred! Or like, the Gurren Lagann mechs, those Beastmen knew how to build fighting machines.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
TheGreenManalishi said:
Metal Gears. They're nukes on legs.
Either This or:Zone Of The Enders Mechas

EDIT: Dammit, I was ninja'd...
-Zen- said:

I mean, really?
And I had a quick look over and I thought the same thing as -Zen- but I must have missed his post

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Mech Warriors. You can shove yer goddamn anime trashbots up yer assholes! They're sissy, look stupid and are usually retarded as well.

Timber Wolf > Anime gaymechs.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Do Starship Troopers count? They're one of the earliest mechs (I believe War of the Worlds first had mechs right?) It's either the Starship Troopers (from the book, not the movie.) for mobility and tactical superiority, and failing those hardly known suits I pick the ones from Warhammer 40,000.

Your Mechs can't handle something that has a motherfucking hand!

blind_dead_mcjones

Oct 16, 2010
i have many favourites, to name a few

macross' valkyries
the orbital frames from Zone Of The Enders
Armored cores
Arm slaves from full metal panic
the tactical armours from gasaraki
and the good ol' labors from patlabor, specifically the AV-98 ingrams

Cowabungaa said:
Huge fan of the AMP suit from Avatar:

It even has a massive bowie knife for frak sake!
the AMP suit has got nothing on FMP's Arm slaves (they have massive chainsaw bowie knives)

Fleaman

Nov 10, 2010
If I wanted a machine to drive my guns to the fight, I'd stick em on a plane or a tank or a boat. When I see a jet holding a sword, or a tank driven by one teenager as if it were his own body, or a legged vehicle walking over anything but the shittiest terrain, all I can think of is "oh GOD, our BUDGET...!"

I voted for Evangelion, since you're not really operating a military weapon designed for fighting, so much as you're being drilled into the spinal cord of a dead alien that acts out your dreams for reasons nobody understands. The criteria aren't really the same. EVA will waste everything else on the battlefield, but powering the thing costs more than the army I destroyed, so I haven't really won here, but against another alien, an AT field is the only thing that works. The machine is apt for the role it's being used for. I like apt things.

Otherwise, I'd go with Metal Gear Rex. It's supposed to carry nukes wherever you feel like and then fire them without anyone knowing, which is a decent enough reason to wave off the legs + heavy armor + tiny crew combo that I feel defines the viability problems with mecha.

Also, MGS4, you know the part. Liquid had to tiptoe around in this thing cause he actually meant to use it again afterward, but I get to shoulder through catwalks and knee buildings in the building groin cause I already know Rex is gonna be a smoking pile once I'm done with it. The cost is tremendous.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
The Imperial Titan Legions. Are they pretty? No. Are they very mobile? No. Are they easy to make? No. When sent on a battlefield can they be stopped? Hell no.

"Titans are emblematic of the Imperium's military might; cumbersome perhaps, but nigh unstoppable."

They are God-Machines, representations of the Emperor's might on the battlefield.

And the one I showed? That's a Warlord-class Titan. Bigger than the other Titans that have been shown so far (Warhound and Reaver, in that order). And the Imperator is even bigger. These things lay waste to cities due to the collateral damage they cause when fighting each other.

When the Legio Titanicus goes to war, the earth trembles...