Poll: Portal 2: What did you enjoy most? [Spoiler Warning]

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I just finished Portal 2 and I just had to talk to someone 'bout it.

Yes, I know, its longer than the last one, Yes, I know, the first one was better, Yes, I know, I'm a couple of weeks late.

It's still a very good game compared to most of the ones on shelves nowadays. So what did you like about Portal 2?

For me, I liked the plot, the puzzles (to an extent, I did sit down and play through the whole thing at once, so they got a little tiresome) and I absolutely loved the ending, with the soprano (or whatever its called) and Wheatley.

As for the online co-op, its fun the first time through but no more than that...

And anyone who complains about spoilers, really? Read the title.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
The humour/The story
The puzzles were okay in single player
The coop was okay, but kinda short... better puzzles though

asspills

Aug 13, 2008
A tie between the humor of the single-player, and the unabashed joy of playing the co-op campaign the first time with a friend.

Beating the co-op campaign the first time stands as one of my fondest video game memories, but whenever I think back to Portal 2, the first and main thing I remember is still how utterly hilarious it was the whole way through.

asspills

Aug 13, 2008
A tie between the humor of the single-player, and the unabashed joy of playing the co-op campaign the first time with a friend.

Beating the co-op campaign the first time stands as one of my fondest video game memories, but whenever I think back to Portal 2, the first and main thing I remember is still how utterly hilarious it was the whole way through.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
The fact that I will be paying significantly less for it when the price drops and I finally get around to playing it.

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
asspills said:
the first and main thing I remember is still how utterly hilarious it was the whole way through.
I just loved how it was funny all the way to the end, even when Wheatley was trying to make a serious apology.

Portal 2 really does show that a games doesn't need a huge array of weapons or zombies to be a successful game in this day and age.

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
Snake Plissken said:
The fact that I will be paying significantly less for it when the price drops and I finally get around to playing it.
I was planning on that, then I got it as a present, huzzah for steam!

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I loved every bit of it, especially Cave Johnson's rant about lemons. It's a shame we'll probably never have combustible lemons.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
I just wish I had a better coop partner, he doesn't really have the patience for puzzle games, hasn't gotten anywhere near halfway of the singleplayer, even, and burned out halfway through. So, I'm probably going to start again with someone new.

But, my vote goes for ALL OF IT. I really enjoyed my time with Portal 2. Very interesting mechanics, gameplay, writing and I loved the extrapolation on Aperture's history.

Mo-shi

Mar 27, 2011
WHEAAAAAAATLEEEY. I'm not even joking. He made the game for me.

I've played the first Portal, and I liked it. But I was never the kind of person who was always like "COMPANION CUBE3!" (My friend has it errr'vrywhere.) or "CAKE! IT'S A LIE." or just randomly splurting out GLaDOS lines. I mean, it was good, really good. But c'mon.

Then Portal 2 rolled around. I said, "Eh I'll rent it, why not? First one wasn't bad. Let's see what ol' VALVe is up to." Just ... aaaaaaah. Is this what the other people felt when they finished Portal? Just. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was kind of bummed out about Wheatley though. He gave life to my game, I always felt so alone during Portal. Whenever I saw him through the cracks, I felt motivated! And daaarn he was funny. GLaDOS too, but, WHAT A TROLL. ;-;

And the Co-op wasn't bad itself! I never did finish it, but from what I played, we really had to work hard to work together. We had so much fun just laughing at what GLaDOS would say.

Now you're thinking with portals.
Now you're sinking with portholes. FUHUHUHU.

MetalMaz

Jan 12, 2011
The ending/Wheatley/Cave Johnson/SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!/ah hell, all of it. I love this game.

''You know what my days used to be like? I just tested. Nobody murdered me, or put me in a potato, or fed me to birds''

all singing, all dancing turrets :D

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
The humour i guess, if it was just a straight up puzzle game i wouldn't have bought it.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Pretty much all of it. There's a ton of sneaky extra stuff I still missed and now I'm just damn curious.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Oh god, the humor. This is the single funniest game I have ever played. Cave Johnson is my favorite video game character ever, and he technically never appears in the game except as pre-recorded voice messages and in portraits.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Seraj said:
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I just finished Portal 2 and I just had to talk to someone 'bout it.

Yes, I know, its longer than the last one, Yes, I know, the first one was better, Yes, I know, I'm a couple of weeks late.

It's still a very good game compared to most of the ones on shelves nowadays. So what did you like about Portal 2?

For me, I liked the plot, the puzzles (to an extent, I did sit down and play through the whole thing at once, so they got a little tiresome) and I absolutely loved the ending, with the soprano (or whatever its called) and Wheatley.

As for the online co-op, its fun the first time through but no more than that...

And anyone who complains about spoilers, really? Read the title.
Really?

1. yes it was longer thats a GOOD thing, hell the length was perfect it it took me waaay longer than a single sitting

2. are you just saying that because you feel you have to? personally I find them hard to compare, I almost feel like the 1st one was a tutorial for this one (and what makes it "better" anyway? just because it was first?")

also they are different kinds of games, Portal 1 was never a full length game it was just filler, portal 2 was a stand alone product and so had to be of a certain quality

"still a very good game?" nah its fucking AMAZING!!!!

anyway I loved the endgame and where you see chells hands, makes her more "real" also love the ending, satisfying yet a little ambiguous

lukeyk

Feb 10, 2010
The wholeness of the humour.

Lemme try to explain that.... Well basically how everything basically ended up tieing in even if it wasn't in a big way. Such as the king turret which is seen very early on in one of the little screens as you step out of the elevator (Which said what to do if an animal(Or something) takes over the world) and it showed the king turret and he then appears in what appears to be the u.n conference room at the very end of the game :p

And of course the co- op. And while it may seem strange I enjoyed replaying co op with someone who hadn't played the co op before more than I enjoyed it the first time around. As I knew what to do but I could just sit back and see him slowly work it out and could practically see his brain slowly working it out, and I thought that that was just pure awesome.