Poll: Portal 2: Will you take up the Forge?

PolygonPimp

May 12, 2011
With the official release of the Portal 2 Map Editing Kit, I wonder: Just how many Escapist Maps can the community be looking forward to?

I personally intend to take a stab at the editing kit, just because I feel that the bounty of new elements added into Portal 2 will allow for a large variety of maps that are both challenging and fun. In fact, if I, by some amount of sheer luck, happen to become skilled with the editing kit, I have ambitions to make another campaign of sorts. Dreams may only be dreams though.

So? Will you pick up the tools of creation?

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Oh god no.
I don't have the patience required to make a decent map.
Shit, I gave up trying to make a single-cell dungeon in the G.E.C.K because I had so many gaps into forever, lighting issues, and loading fuckups.
For the sake of my sanity, I'm staying far away from attempting to create a decent physics-based map.

PolygonPimp

May 12, 2011
It does seem incredibly in depth. I doubt I'll have the patience either, but it's worth a shot.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I'm bad at making puzzles. I'll stick to playing when it comes to Portal.

[sub]*still really wants Portal 2*[/sub]

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I'm going to make a comedy lounge and then stick a defective turret on the stage and listen to it spout lines all day. Then i'll make a room with a portal infinite fall and a bunch of trash on the sides so I can watch a bunch of stuff fall for infinity.

Longsight

Social justice warrior
Apr 3, 2010
Definitely. I never did make Portal maps in large numbers, but I crave more difficult puzzles, and the P2 additions make going all-out in terms of madness and difficulty worthwhile.

theComposer

Mar 29, 2009
I worked on a few levels for Portal 1 (but never finished), so I definitely plan on mapping for Portal 2... as soon as I get some inspiration for puzzles.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
maybe if it's a little more simple than the Hammer SDK for tf2 and such.
Tried it, lost my attention after the 3rd hour of tutorialing.
If it was closer to, say, Halo reach forge, but with maybe some more advanced options so you can get everything just right, I would totally try.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
My map making days ended with Duke 3D sadly. With the small amount of gaming time I've got I'd rather devote it to playing the game. I anxiously await amazing maps!

WolfMage

May 19, 2008
I'd love to remake the "Android Hell" level, but with most turrets replaced with defective ones, with one being the "I'm Different" turret.

Apr 28, 2008

Its like the virtual equivalent of a ball-pin. So... you bet your ass I'm gonna take this shit up. Probably won't release much, just make silly rooms to amuse myself in. Which is enough for me.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Oh man... I'm getting ideas already.

I want to make a campaign with more of the aperture science infrastructure, but with more portal-able material.

Maybe you'll make your way into the companion cube warehouse, portal in some repulsion gel, and just watch all hell break loose.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
I shouldn't think I would. I am always amazed at how developers come up with puzzles and could never think that kind of stuff up myself.

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
I'll take a STAB at it when I upgrade my PC system (almost got enough for that Alienware I've had my EYE on).

I plan on building some theme maps. Jurassic Park comes to mind.

PolygonPimp

May 12, 2011
Innegativeion said:
Oh man... I'm getting ideas already.

I want to make a campaign with more of the aperture science infrastructure, but with more portal-able material.

Maybe you'll make your way into the companion cube warehouse, portal in some repulsion gel, and just watch all hell break loose.
I wanted to do some deal where it was right after Portal ended, and the main character could be, say, a rebel soldier who fell into the underground section of Aperture, or something of such nature. But like I said, that's only a long, long dream for now.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Yeah, I'll give it a try. Probably won't make anything too major, but I bet I'll get a kick out of designing a short level =)

PolygonPimp

May 12, 2011
Irridium said:
Probably won't release much, just make silly rooms to amuse myself in. Which is enough for me.
To be honest, I haven't even thought about just making amusing maps like that to dick around with the physics.

Oooooooh boy.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, let me put it to you this way...

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha haaa... Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha haaa!! MWA HA HA HA HA-

Villain Core: "Hey, don't hog it all to yourself!"

Sorry.

Let's just say that if some of my designs for levels in Time Fcuk (Yes, the makers of the game DID spell it like that on purpose.) are any indication, you'll AAAAAALLLL doomed.