Poll: Portal 3 - where could they take it?

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
Aerosteam said:
Having it take place outside, on the surface, far away from test chambers would be cool. Would still follow Chell, of course.
Chell gets a job working at a magazine and your manager is GLaDOS. Just go totally off the wall with it.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
The Portal storyline is over. Maybe Gordon Freeman could meet up with Chell in Half Life 2: Episode Th... *curls up and cries in a corner*

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
Dude, it's Valve. We know by now they can't get past ANYthing 2 :p
/ancientjoke

(CAPTCHA: cotton on. Advertising in our anti-spam now, are we?)

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
I would say, if it had to happen at all, I want it to be a co-op crossover. Have Half-Portal 3. Where one player as Gordon has to fight off the combine or whatever as per a half life game, but Chell joins him in puzzling and even combat, but using the portal gun to actually fight. Would be fun, hopefully.

As for where it would be set? Well, the massive obvious crossover between the series. The Borealis, a ship that while doing Portal experiments in Portal goes missing and is found in Half-Life which is a major plot point. Hell, there's even art teasing the combine finding the ship.

I can dream, Harold.

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Lil_Rimmy said:
...Where one player as Gordon has to fight off the combine or whatever as per a half life game, but Chell joins him in puzzling and even combat, but using the portal gun to actually fight. Would be fun, hopefully.

Oct 22, 2011
Nowhere. Chell's arc ended in a nice way, and there's no reason to mess with it. GLaDOS has new test subjects to abuse with science.

Not to mention that if Valve releases a game with "3" in the title, and it won't be THAT game, i'll lock Gabe in my basement and feed him only with steam coupons.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
That implies valve will actually make a new game at some point before the universe ends, which would be a miracle unto itself, let alone actually making a third installment in a series

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
It's not going anywhere hahahaha they can't go up to 3!

Nah, really, I don't know where they can take it now, the second one did end pretty damn conclusively, and I liked that. However, that was Chell's story that ended. There are plenty more things to abuse laying around!

TreuloseTomate

Oct 25, 2012
When Valve began working on Portal 2, the game revolved around a new mechanic called F-Stop. There were no portals, no portal gun, no GlaDOS. But playtesters complained, because they wanted/expected more portals and more GlaDOS. F-Stop got canned, and we got Portal 2 as we know it.

If there is going to be a Portal 3, Valve should create what they originally planned for Portal 2. We don't need more of the same. If you are looking for more portals, go to the P2 workshop.

JinxedAqua

Nov 8, 2014
TreuloseTomate said:
When Valve began working on Portal 2, the game revolved around a new mechanic called F-Stop. There were no portals, no portal gun, no GlaDOS. But playtesters complained, because they wanted/expected more portals and more GlaDOS. F-Stop got canned, and we got Portal 2 as we know it.
As I understand it F-Stop was the concept that became the acceleration gels found in the second half of Portal 2. If they wanted to create a prequel to Portal 1, I could see them going on that route, or something similar. Speaking of prequels, playing as Cave Johnson and his story doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
If you're really hungry for some more Portal i highly recommend Portal Stories: Mel. It's a user created campaign with production values that some AAA games wish they had. The only problem is the some of the puzzles are really hard... no seriously some of them had me stuck for a couple of days each before finally giving up and looking up online. They are ridiculous in some places.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
I think it would be cool to have Portal 3 set in a moon base. It opens up the option for gravity manipulation and vacuums as mechanics. Plus, with the abundance of moon dust available it makes sense to me.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
the silence said:
Yeah, honestly I hope for only Half-Life 3, with Portals!
Dual wielding the gravity gun and the portal gun.

Think you're safe behind cover do you? Well, I'll just plop this portal down behind you and shoot a saw blade through it!

Or, because not everyone has Chell's super boots, put one in the ceiling and one in the floor and then terminal velocity them into paste! I see endless possibilities for creative fuckery.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I'd figure outer space where they can play around with gravity, portals, and who knows what other crazy physics... maybe time?
Then add 2 more robots and have all 4 robots going throught different courses set in different planets. Would be cool if you get to go to Europa, Titan, etc. and go through different courses based on the established elements and the physics that would affect those places

JinxedAqua

Nov 8, 2014
GZGoten said:
I'd figure outer space where they can play around with gravity, portals, and who knows what other crazy physics... maybe time?
This was honestly my first thought when I saw the ending for the solo campaign. It seems to me like a logical conclusion. I'll admit that I've daydreamed about flying around different plants Super Mario Galaxy style (without needing to collect all the stars).