Poll: Prison or Space?

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Space most definately. I'd rather stare at the stars for a year than a brick wall.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Space. I prefer solitude and prison has bullies. That would be a easy choice for me as long as space was relatively safe, health wise. The monitor would be ample enough entertainment for me as I would spend most my time in my imagination, perhapes they would even give my a laptop with only a writing program installed so I could write if I asked.

I would much rather have a view of space over some ugly sod's face that has ill intentions towards me.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Space. I already spend the vast majority of my time in a 14x8 room of my own volition, and I've always wanted to test myself in solitary confinement. What better confinement than a capsule traversing the infinity of space?

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Wolverine18 said:
You need to watch the first ever Twilight Zone episode. It was dead on to your question, and was a pretty good watch, even if it is dated
Check out episode 123, even better watch! ... And a real shocker for the star.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
I read a short story by Anton Chekov about a guy who is locked in a cabin without any human interaction for something like 15 years and he goes crazy and he had a library of books and a piano so by myself with nothing to interact with would probably drive me mad. Besides your muscles atrophy and you get heart problems in space. Prison may have lots of sodomy but space sucks.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Wolverine18 said:
Antari said:
Wolverine18 said:
You need to watch the first ever Twilight Zone episode. It was dead on to your question, and was a pretty good watch, even if it is dated "snip"
Check out episode 123, even better watch! ... And a real shocker for the star.
Oh yeah, that one is a classic :) I think he was in 3 in total.

Nimoy was also in one, A Quality of Mercy, which is one of my favorite episodes (and which has been redone in a couple different short story series since).
I'll definately have to go through them again, I never did spot Nimoy. Thanks!

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I don't like that I'm saying this but I'd probably have to go with prison. I don't think it would take long before I go stark raving mad up in space. Sure, the first few days would be cool as you ride the euphoria of "Wow, I'm in space! Look at all that vast nothingness! Look at all the lights on Earth! All of man's individual problems seem so insignificant from up here." etc etc However, it wouldn't be long before the quietness and the solitude would push you over the edge.

Sure, there would be a lot of unsavory characters in prison but at least you would have social interaction and enough room (in the yards) to do some physical activity.

A year is a very, VERY long time to spend in an enclosed area when you have little to no means to entertain yourself or keep busy.

May 17, 2010
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEE!!!

It's fucking space. Imagine what it would look like on my CV? The book deals? Oh my...

Besides I could go to space!

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
I went to reply to this thread with a question about what type of prison, but instead I want to post about the best captcha ever; i'm sorry dave. How ironic is that!?

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Prison, prison, prison! i don't care if i end up as everybody's ***** i'll take rape any day over extreme augorophobia. I wouldn't last a week in space before bashing out the windows to aysphixate myself. I'm deadly augorophobiac...

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Space - I wouldn't make it in prison if what they show on t.v is even a quarter true. I consider prison a death sentence, while space would just get boring as the months go by.

the abyss gazes also

Professional Over Thinker
Apr 10, 2012
SPAAAAAAAAACE! I would take a year in space if only it meant we would have the technology that would allow for a year long space imprisonment.
(I might be a little miffed that the US has sort of given up on NASA.)

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Matthew94 said:
Obviously prison. There are no advantages to space at all in this scenario.
Not getting shanked or raped is an advantage in my book.