Poll: Probations, suspensions and whatnot.

mlkjhgfds

Nov 5, 2008
So a thread title caught your eye, you're bored and randomly browsing the Escapist boards - either way, you end up on a thread, you maybe - just maybe - read the first post, and scroll down skipping most of them...

... till you happen upon a flashy orange sign under a poster's username, along with a greyed-out post and a link that helpfully directs you towards what awarded said poster with the honors. You click

RIP Poll : Was that an accurate description ? Yes / No

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
lacktheknack said:
THE SUSPENSE! AUUUUGH!

What, did you summon Candlejack or somethi
off topic (what the hell is it anyway?) but 65?! good job man.

I must be in the bottom 3 or somethin XD

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Urgh76 said:
lacktheknack said:
THE SUSPENSE! AUUUUGH!

What, did you summon Candlejack or somethi
off topic (what the hell is it anyway?) but 65?! good job man.

I must be in the bottom 3 or somethin XD
Thanks. I take pride in my blind optimism in game developers.

mlkjhgfds

Nov 5, 2008
Well lookit that, poll disappeared. A simple : "Accurate description ?" - "Yes" / "No" poll, yet it failed me.

So. Did you click on that link or not ? DID YOU ?

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
It's a bit curious, yeah. Even though the probations etcetera are meant as punishment and I can understand the Escapist's intention of showing other users what kind of behavior will get them in trouble, they also actually ensure that the 'wrong' posts or posters get 5 times the attention they'd normally get, and the type of content dat is appearantly inappropriate on these boards actually reaches a far bigger audience.

mlkjhgfds

Nov 5, 2008
Ed130 said:
You're thread is missng a poll and seems cut off mid sentence.
I'm thread, and I mean first post, was actually quite done save for a final punctuation mark, though I can see how that makes it seem cut off - but it is indeed missing its poll.

I'd repost it to allow for a better results collection, but I have no idea what went wrong so I won't.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Not quite sure of the intention of this thread. Sometimes I'll read the post that got the suspension (no harm in learning what gets suspensions) and sometimes I won't. Tis very mood-dependant.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Yeah I'll read a suspended or banned post. I get shiny spot of giddy glee when I see the user was banned/put on probation sign... I don't know why neither... I should probably be ashamed of my self lol.