Poll: Probe thread (So what next?)

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
deathbydeath said:
Dammit, hiei! One of the ideas I was thinking about running was a supernatural, conspiratorial, etc. setting! *misc. noises of anger*

Asclepion said:
- Bionicle
If this was a thing, then you'd certainly get a sheet from me about it. I freakin' love Bionicle.

Back to hiei: You'd also probably see a sheet for both ideas, so I won't vote. Anyways, back to the drawing board...
You can borrow They Walk Among Us if you want to. I don't plan on running it or any other game for some time.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
hiei82 said:
That's close to the idea, yeah.

booksv2 said:
Though this is more like a member of the Cabel's familiar.

But with the whole thing I was generally thinking the demon would be partially imprisoned in a sword, and as it Incorporates (it does have a mouth, or rather mouths btw, just think a bastard sword with a big evil eye in the middle of the chappe along with evil tendril to eat all of them nibbles up.) it slowly breaks outta there. But if that can't be done, that's okay, I have other ideas. :)

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
I have a question about Walk Among Us.
Would a fuller list of monsters in each type be given if it was decided to play?
Because iv been thinking on it, I get bored, and I was making a kind of sheet in my head and I was wondering what kind of limits were going to be set on the Turned.
By that I mean a limit on the type of monster that would be able to chose.
(My thought was a Poison Dusk lizardman from D&D, of course the numbers and things done up so it could be understood in this kind of role play.)

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
booksv2 said:
I have a question about Walk Among Us.
Would a fuller list of monsters in each type be given if it was decided to play?
Because iv been thinking on it, I get bored, and I was making a kind of sheet in my head and I was wondering what kind of limits were going to be set on the Turned.
By that I mean a limit on the type of monster that would be able to chose.
(My thought was a Poison Dusk lizardman from D&D, of course the numbers and things done up so it could be understood in this kind of role play.)
My idea for monsters was that they are very free-form. They might take existing shapes from mythology - such as the ones I listed - or they might be something totally unique - like Terratina's sword demon. What I was going to do was say "All Turned must be Type I's" and anyone who makes a Turned would make a monster of their own design (following the Type 1 guidelines) and I would just either approve or disapprove of the result.

As for what they are generally, I was going to go with an organic monster aesthetic. because that term is about as vague as any term, I've included some examples...

*Picture from Claymore (Manga); would likely be a Type III with physical focus*

*Picture from Rosario + Vampire Season II (Manga); would likely be a Type IV with no focus*

*Picture from Zetman (Manga); would likely be a Type I with physical focus*

Hope that helps!

SeldomSeenKid

Aug 22, 2013
Very much sold on Walk Among Us. Lots of scope and room for some very interesting character styles. While Containment does sound like a very interesting concept, the danger of sneaking into supervillian prison is keeping anything secret from the super hearing, super sensing, telepathic and truth readers when they get all up in your business.

Send me a message if Walk Among Us sees the light of day eventually, and I'll have a CS up as soon as can be.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011

Bionicle was by far the best Lego series ever. It had a unique setting (biomechanical warriors on a tropical island), a Polynesian mythology vibe, was badass and action-oriented, with a plot that was very involved for toys (involving one god betraying another and putting him in a deep slumber, so that the heroes must keep shadow from overtaking the world).

---

Long ago, in the time before time, a great being called Mata Nui brought his people to a beautiful island paradise. The people were called the Matoran, and they named their island Mata Nui, in honor of their great leader.

But their happiness was not to last. Mata Nui's brother, Makuta, was determined to ruin all that Mata Nui had created. He cast a dark spell over the land, and Mata Nui fell into a deep slumber. Now, Makuta rules, and the island lies in darkness.

Still, all hope was not lost...

---​

[HEADING=2]Overview[/HEADING]​

Mata Nui was once an island paradise. The island featured tall icy mountains, deep ocean bays, wide desert expanses, caves deep underground, lush green jungles, even a volcano. The island is surrounded by seemingly infinite seas stretching out to the horizon, which are aptly known as the Endless Ocean.

Po-Wahi - Region of stone, a vast desert dotted with canyons and quarries. Location of the village Po-Koro.
Ga-Wahi - Region of water, dominated by vast bays. Location of the village Ga-Koro.
Ta-Wahi - Region of fire, filled with rivers of lava, plains of ash, and towering volcanoes. Location of the village Ta-Koro.
Onu-Wahi - Region of earth, a system of tunnels underneath Mata Nui. Location of the village Onu-Koro.
Ko-Wahi - Region of ice, glaciers and snowdrifts surrounding a massive mountain. Location of the village Ko-Koro.
Le-Wahi - Region of air, a tropical rain forest where the only hospitable area is in the treetops. Location of the village Le-Koro.

In the center of the island there is a great temple called the Kini-Nui, which also harbors an entrance to the Mangaia, an underground lair where the Dark Spirit Makuta dwells.

The Matoran are a race of humanoid beings. Matoran had a little bit of power of an element; just enough to influence their physical abilities. Though small in stature, they are very brave people and will fight to the last for their homes and lives. They make up for their physical disadvantages by being builders; able to create fortresses, weapons, defense machines and whatever other tools they need.

Matoran wore powerless Kanohi that kept them "functioning"; a Matoran who lost his or her mask would quickly go into a coma-like state until a mask was replaced. They didn't have the mental strength to activate the powers that Great Kanohi and Noble Kanohi held, but if they wore such masks, they could sense that power was present.

Heroic beings that have Elemental Powers and a Kanohi, protecting the island from Makuta.

The Toa are double the height of a Matoran and have a myriad of abilities, most of them developed from a limited capacity possessed by Matoran. In addition to the minute elemental traits of Matoran, Toa have a fully developed ability to control a single element; Stone, Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ice. Using the element draws upon a reserve of power, a reserve that is constantly being recharged. Toa are capable of releasing all of their Elemental Energy at once in a Nova Blast.

All Toa wear and can use the abilities of Kanohi masks; without wearing a mask, their power is greatly weakened. Toa are known to carry tools and weapons that they use to focus their elemental energies.

Kanohi are objects that grant powers to a being when they are worn, named after the Matoran word for "mask." Kanohi are magnetically attached to their wearers: usually Matoran, Toa and Turaga, sustaining all three. When a mask-wearer has their Kanohi removed they suffer weakness - Toa and other beings feel weak and dizzy, and Matoran lapse into a coma-like state if the mask is not replaced within an extended period of time. Matoran wear powerless masks that are required for them to function properly, while Toa and Turaga wear masks that bestow any of a variety of powers depending on the type of mask, upon the user, like shielding, strength, vision, telekinesis, or levitation.

The colors of Great and Noble masks are dependent on their wearers: they adopt a grayish color which they keep until they are worn. At that point the mask adopts a color with respect to the wearer.

[HEADING=2]Tide of Shadow[/HEADING]​

Brother of Mata Nui, Master of shadows. It was Makuta who contaminated the Rahi, unleashed the Bohrok swarms, sent his Rahkshi to demolished the island and most importantly of all, he imprisoned his brother Mata Nui in a perpetual slumber. Makuta is a godlike spirit and shapeshifter who can assume any physical form he wills, appearing as an infected Kanohi Hau, or a towering figure shrouded in shadow and wielding a massive staff. No one has ever laid eyes on Makuta, or at least no one living. In the telling of his coming, a jagged black stone is used to represent him.

Makuta wears the Kanohi Kraahkan, the Mask of Shadow. A mask of incredible power, which clouds the minds of all near him with doubts and evil intentions. Prolonged exposure to the mask will turn anyone permanently evil.

The Rahi were the diverse, wide-spread fauna of Mata Nui; biomechanical creatures like the Matoran. The word "Rahi" literally translates to "not us" in the Matoran language, although it is more commonly translated to mean, quite simply, "wildlife". Rahi were generally considered to be possessed of a lower intellectual level than that of the Matoran, acting primarily on instinct and out of a desire for basic needs such as food and shelter.

The Rahi have been enslaved by Makuta to do his will. Makuta, attempting to exert his control over the Matoran, thus turned the island's wildlife against the villagers. Many are dangerous beasts, but can be freed by removing the infected masks they are wearing.

Mysterious, insect-like creatures with elemental powers, unleashed by Makuta. The Bohrok move in swarms over Mata Nui. Mountains crumble and forests topple as they change the face of the island. Bohrok possess extendable necks that allow them to thrust their heads forward over a great range in a short time. They use this ability to chip away at obstacles in a jackhammer-like fashion, or as a last resort, to fling their Krana onto the faces of attackers.

For travel, the Bohrok can compress their bodies into a spherical form, a form they also take while lying dormant inside the Bohrok nest. In this form they can roll across the ground at high velocity and, when fitted with Krana Vu, fly short distances. If faced with an obstacle too great for individual members to overcome, Bohrok have the ability to form Bohrok Kaita, which pools the attributes of the three individual Bohrok into one more powerful being.

Krana
Each Bohrok contained a mask-like parasitic Krana which acted as its brain and gave it its power. The Krana, besides controlling the Bohrok, provided the intelligence to the swarms. The Krana were telepathically guided by Cahdok and Gahdok, twin queens of the Bohrok swarms.

If a Krana felt threatened, it could eject from its Bohrok host. This left the host powerless, but if the Krana attached onto another being's face, it took control of the other being's mind and assimilated it into the swarm.

Rahkshi are serpentine mech-suits piloted by Kraata-serpents and created/controlled by Makuta. They are warriors of unbelievable swiftness and ferocity- a single Rahkshi can destroy a village and had power to threaten even a Toa Nuva. With direction and guidance from Makuta, they would destroy anything in their path.

There are 42 different breeds of Kraata, and thus 42 different Rahkshi can be created. Each of these Rahkshi have different powers and colours, which is defined by the species of Kraata that created/drives it. Among these powers, a Rahkshi could create and control powerful cyclones at will, emit a field of overwhelming terror, or forcefully shatter stone and metal on contact. Most Rahkshi carry staffs to channel their powers, and become weaker when their staff is lost.

In addition to their normal powers and those granted by their weapon staff, the Rahkshi could also change into a hover mode. By placing their feet together with the legs stretched forward with their staff underneath them, they would be able to fly.

Kraata
The Kraata are the very substance of Makuta, Master of Shadows. It was these slug-like creatures that infected the Masks of Power, and forced the wearers of these masks into becoming enslaved by Makuta. It was through this that Makuta controlled the Rahi.

The Kraata on their own have the power to Infect Great Kanohi Masks, and although sentient creatures, they lack a deal of intelligence, mainly being driven by instinct, and cannot survive in day light for sustained periods of time. But their capabilities increase as they evolve through six life stages, and eventually are placed inside Rahkshi armor. Otherwise, the Rahkshi is just an empty suit, and useless.

[hr]

Toa character sheet

Name: (Singular, vowel intensive names. Ex. Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Pohatu, Kopaka, Onua)
Element:
Mask: (The Kanohi is the character's face for all intents and purposes. It is never removed except when replacing it with another one.)
Physical Description: (Toa don't wear armor as opposed to having it be part of their bodies)
Weapons: (Can double as tools)
Personality:
Bio/History: (Should be basic, beginning with you washing up on a beach inside a canister and putting yourselves together.)

Matoran character sheet.

Name:
Element:
Mask: (Powerless. Matoran can customize their masks, making modifications such as adding a scope.)
Physical Description:
Village:
Position: (Chronicler, engineer, guard, etc.)
Equipment: (Matoran don't have a great deal of physical strength, but are industrious and inventive. Matoran tools include throwing disks, the Boxor (a small mech made from a Bohrok body) and the Ussal (a crablike Rahi that has been domesticated and can carry a Matoran rider or siege weapon)
Personality:
Bio/History:

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
The Bionicle RP sounds pretty cool, and appeals to my nostalgia, but I'm still a fan of the "They Walk Among Us" more.

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
I don't know anything about bionicle. I love how They Walk Among Us is set up and would play through.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Asclepion said:
ITT: Posters who don't understand that me and hiei82 are two separate people.
WHAT!!!! But... But... I could have sworn we were?!?!?!

Serious: You did however suggest I run a Bionicle game so they might be reacting to that.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
I ADMIT NOTHING! I just don't bother looking at who says what most of the time. In light of this revelation however, I will say that both look quite good.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Viking Incognito said:
I'd love to play They Walk Among Us. You never have a bad idea for an RP do you hiei82?
Well... I did want to do a game about painters watching paint dry but I think that particular idea won't fly...

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
count me in for "They Walk Among Us." if it starts up. and a qustion towards the aspects of type ones.
i know it said no magic, but would it possible for them to be very weak in form, but have a weak amount of magic or supernatural ability to make up for it? something to keep them balanced in the I class?