Poll: Pronouncing 'The Escapist'

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Is he mocking Dory from Finding Nemo? Es-Cah-Pay?

Maybe he is doing something like I do with Chocobo... I hate the correct pronounciation of that, and have always pronounced it 'Cocoa-bo' in protest!! Its something that me and my sister have always done, as we thought it made them sound grander, and less like a piss take!
Unfortunately that also means I don't really like the parts of the series that have voiceovers... I don't like hearing the word any other way!!

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
....The. Escape. Ist. There's another way to say that? asks Toombs incredulously.

EDIT: I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT FINDING NEMO! [bolts off to watch it]

:3 I love Dory....

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
ih-skey-pizt

that's how you pronounce the word and being the smart people they are, the creators pronounce it like that

TheGreatKlaid

Jun 18, 2009
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Maybe he is doing something like I do with Chocobo... I hate the correct pronounciation of that, and have always pronounced it 'Cocoa-bo' in protest!! Its something that me and my sister have always done, as we thought it made them sound grander, and less like a piss take!
Unfortunately that also means I don't really like the parts of the series that have voiceovers... I don't like hearing the word any other way!!
You know until I played X that was one I changed often. Chalk-ko-bo was my way of pronounincing it. Of course the l is silent... Teefa or Tiffa? The one that me and my friend still can't seem to agree on is Ocarina. Aw-ka-ree-na(me) or Oh-keer-ra-na(him).

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
S-K-Pissed. That' how I pronounce it. I'm surprised people prounounce it any other way to be honest. It seems pretty straight-forward. Escape with ist on the end. But oh well.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
StBishop said:
As in Es-Cah-Pist or Es-Cay-pist.

Because it's really an emphasis thing there. But Escape-ist is correct.

It's not as bad as a girl I know who called Rune Scape "Run Escape" when we were like 13.

My reaction included a stunned silence and laughing.
To be fair, most people want to do that after playing about a minute of it.

OT: Es-cay-pist. Not much simpler than that, I'm afraid. Though I did have a friend who pronounced it "E Escapist" because of the stylized E in the logo.

zefiewings

May 28, 2011
The truth of the matter is that I often say "zero punctuation" rather than the escapist, simply because it was the first show that brought me here, though it's no longer the only show I watch here. I even usually google "zero punctuation" even when I plan to watch loading ready run or something else.

When I actually say the escapist I do obviously say escape-ist