Poll: prototype 2 or infamous 2

Edavies696

Feb 15, 2010
Being the recent news of infamous 2 confirmed, and being a fan of its rival prototype, I was wondering which, if only one could be chosen would people most like to see, prototype 2 or infamous 2

Chicaine

Jun 7, 2010
Personally infamous does it for me, i'm a fanboy of 'free running' type games and although infamous isn't strictly one i much prefer climbing window ledges and the like than simply sprinting up a wall

Although i am dissapoint @ new Wayne Rooney look for Cole

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Infamous2. only without coles newly grown hair.

i prefered the finnese of climbing the buildings to just running up them, they didnt just copypasta new york from google maps and the story could be understood without the need for a flow diagram. also lightning strike is epic.

EDIT: curse you Chicaine you ninja!

mysterj

Mar 27, 2009
While I liked Infamous overall, I really liked how fast Alex Mercer get to travel.

Jun 26, 2009
Infamous! Infamous! Whats the point of doing all that stuff on Prototype if the story shit the controls are ASS and the gameplays just meh.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Can I choose KillZone 3 instead ? EVIL JETPACKS!

But in the spirit of the thread I'll have to say inFamous 2, because I'm a Sony fanboy therefore contractually obligated to mention exclusives in every post I make.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I personally could care less about which one comes out because I'm gonna get the one that interest's me the most not the one that the biggest review source who was probably bribed by the publishers

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
Prototype 2. Infamous was a terrible game, mainly because it had very poor environment collision transitioning.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Prototype 2. Simply because I tried both and liked Prototype MUCH better than Infamous. I actually ended up exchanging Infamous for MGS4, while Prototype still sits happily on my shelf.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Isn't this basically a clone of the millions of 'Infamous vs. Prototype' threads we had when they were first released? Still, I'd prefer Infamous, just because I prefer to shoot lightning than bits of flesh.

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
I'm gonna have to go prototype 2, I just enjoyed it more. I wasn't a huge fan of infamous, and getting to kill anyone and everyone in prototype without being penalized was great fun. Nothing beats sprinting down the sidewalk with the giant ramming shield thing.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
14/14 tie? Who will break it?! Infamous bored me too much to play through it all but i beat prototype.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I liked the first one a lot, and possibilities for Prototype 2 are endless, so yeah, that one.
Have not played InFamous though.
But it's not going to happen since Radical got half of their staff cut.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
I found infamous to be boring. So boring I didnt even finish it. While Prototype had less than a stellar story, it was extremely fun. So more of that please.

5w4tt

Jun 7, 2010
Prototype because I just loved the fighting. Alex was so overpowered (at least in the end) with all the different powers he got that it felt like you were controlling a superhero.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Tharwen said:
Isn't this basically a clone of the millions of 'Infamous vs. Prototype' threads we had when they were first released? Still, I'd prefer Infamous, just because I prefer to shoot lightning than bits of flesh guns.
Fixed that for you.

Prototype, I thought the first was better than infamous. It was far more outrageous, which in both all games is only a good thing.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Neither..
I bought Prototype over Infamous and still never got round to completing it. I actually played it again a few days ago, but got bored after around 30 mins..

ReckzB

May 28, 2010
This is a tricky one to answer. I loved inFamous, it was an all around fantastic video game to play, and it just felt complete, whereas Prototype didn't. It had dated graphics, the story was bland, the challenges felt hollow, and the vehicular gameplay was atrocious. Despite all this, Prototype was still an amazingly fun game with a lot of good ideas in place. It just felt like a game that came out a bit later than it should have.

There is a lot of potential in a sequel to Prototype, and in all honesty I'm hoping there will be a sequel (somewhere other than New York, please), but inFamous 2 is confirmed as in production. This is a close call, but I'm going to have to go with Sucker Punch and Sony on this one.