Poll: PS3 now or PC later?

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
PS3, a PC would cost you quadruple the money you probably have and even then it's not guaranteed to work unless you REALLY FUCKING know what you're doing

luckshotpro

Oct 18, 2010
you sound pretty interested in PC gaming, considering your eagerness to try to test your computers limits, so that'll probably be your best option

The Hot Sauce Thief

Nov 14, 2010
I say go for the PC right now, because if you have a wii and a 360, you can get most console games, and if you get a good PC, you can get PC games too.
Depends how much you would game on either platform, if you think you would spend more time on your PC then go for that, but if you think that you spend more time on ps3, then go for that

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
This is a tough one...

Given that you already have an XBox 360, we should probably only consider the exclusives.

Well, for one, the current gen consoles would probably be up for replacement in a few years, so the PC might be a safer investment.

It really depends on whose exclusives do you want more, though. The PC and PS3 will both play games with amazing graphical fidelity (though the PS3 often gets games with shitty 360 graphics because of lazy porters).

So do you want Steam and Blizzard or do you want LittleBigPlanet, a collection of JRPGs, and Heavy Rain? Personally I think it really depends on the person.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
I don't even do any PC gaming (until Diablo 3 comes out) but if you already have an Xbox 360 just buy a good PC. A good quality computer plus ability to run games is much better than the few extra exclusives you'll get.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
Ps3 if you really need something, PC still doesn't have all that much in terms of better games than consoles. If/when a switch is made, then get a new PC and it will blow away anything you get now. PC gaming right now other than a few games and MMOs is pretty much stagnant.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
PC my friend.

My laptop is now some three years old and I happily played Bulletstorm without too many (Slowed down when everything on the screen exploded at once...) problems. I did have to tone down the graphics, but really turning off V-sync and Anti-Alias is enough for my rather outdated rectangle to handle the newest of games.

A PS3 is far more expensive and deprives you of mods which, when you're at college/university, add a couple of days worth of time to playing a game, which really can save you money on top of cheaper PC games.

crazyhyena645

Feb 19, 2011
the ps3 is more fun but, the pc is more practical so it depends on which one you want practicality or more fun?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Orwellian37 said:
Before posting make sure you read.

I recently received some money, part of which I have devoted to gaming. So naturally I'm going to blow part of it on a console. I have my brother's Wii, a 360, and I'm getting Xbox Live. My PC is a ridiculous crap factory made in 2003, and it can run some games on Steam, but anything with more graphical intensity than L4D makes it crash. My friend and I looked at all components of a laptop I would reasonably need and use, but I don't have enough money for it. I finally got a job last week with reasonable pay, so I'm saving most of that income.

Question is, should I save all cash for building the PC in about three months or get a PS3 now along with a small pool of games and wait the extra time?
Well what do you want to play more? The ps3 exclusives like, Uncharted, GoW, LittleBigPlanet 2, MAG, Demon's Souls, etc... Or do you got your eyes on some PC exclusives?