Poll: Pull the trigger 101

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
I've fired many weapons, though no full auto ones. I absolutely love shooting, and am hoping to obtain a Class III license in a few years so that I can legally own fully automatic weapons.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I have fire quite a few guns and yeah, it's definitely a good time when used right. The only time I regretted firing a gun was when I shot a 30-06 and didn't seat the butt tightly enough to my shoulder, the kick made the scope hit the bridge of my nose really friggin hard. Blood ensued...no fun.

Other than that I try to shoot my 40 cal every chance I get, fun shit!

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I've fired a couple of different 12 bores, a Lee Enfield and an AK of some kind, probably an AKM or 47 but I'm not entirely sure of the difference.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I have 2 1889 Winchester Rifles, 3 1862 Colt Armys and 2 1861 Colt Navys.

Yes, I've shot them all, actually shooting an apple off a friend's head (I'm glad he trusted me).

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I have - shooting at a range out in the wops with my friend's...I think it was a .303 hunting rifle? Can't quite remember. It was fun =)I have absolutely no desire to shoot a person with anything, but actually going hunting (deer?) once might be interesting. My friend is the kind of dude who spends whole days hunting in hip-deep snow in the wilds of central Europe =P

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
scumofsociety said:
I've fired a couple of different 12 bores, a Lee Enfield and an AK of some kind, probably an AKM or 47 but I'm not entirely sure of the difference.
Most likely not a true blue 47 and while I don't have any pictures to look at, I'd wager it isn't a true blue AKM either. Any idea as to where it came from?

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
In the words of my AJROTC SAI and former-Army Ranger of the 101st Airborne (to those of international origins and not of the USA, those guys are the shiznite):"A gun is a tool, not a weapon or toy. It takes extreme judgement and should never be used for enjoyment. In your hands it's a tool to fight evil, protect your fellow man, fight for your country, and protect your loved ones. On the other side of the scope it is the enemy's death, on squeeze and he is dead. Before you squeeze, you must not think about what your doing, ending a life. The minute you start thinking about the people you kill, the harder it is for you to fight." He is a wise man, and I take those words to heart. Here is always a time to pull the trigger.

I have not shot one before, but I have done a few practice and simulation targets in front of actual soldeirs who were impressed by my accuracy. I would like to fire one, but only in service of the US military.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I fired a bolt-action rifle once. It was interesting, and I will say the rush from hitting a target was awesome.

Ploppy

Jul 6, 2008
I went clay pigeon shooting once. It was a rather 'meh' experience. On an unrelated matter, I was a terrible shot.

But, since generally I'm not in favour of civilian gun ownership I don't see that being a significant problem for me.

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
Guns being very, very restricted in my country, I have not. I have, however, shot a composite bow with a sprained ankle, if that counts.

I'd like to try it, but I'm not gonna pay for it. I'll stick with the virtual guns, I guess.

N3vans

Apr 14, 2009
I've fired a few over the years, I'm from the UK so the opportunity doesn't arise so often:

L82: The 'cadet varient' of the UK SA80 or L85. I was in Air Cadets for a time and this thing was basically a 'safer' version of the L85 because it had a bloody great cocking handle down the side which meant you had to re-cock after every shot.

Various double-barrel shotguns for clay pigeon shooting and the like.

Various .22 competition rifles, predominantly the Lee Enfield No.8, a bolt-action, again while in Cadets.

Some .22 caliber semi-auto pistol, really tiny thing.

A .357 revolver

A Winchester rifle (louder than god)

Overall I had lots of fun shooting, haven't done it in a while either which is a shame. If I'm ever in America, I'd love to go to a firing range and try a 1911 :D

Zap Happy

Mar 28, 2010
I fired a .22 in Boyscouts when I was 11. Unfortunately I had no idea how to use the sights so I missed every shot. I was also too young for the shotgun, which sucked.

I live in suburban Massachusetts, so the opportunity to fire guns doesn't arise much. Plus barely anyone in my family has every been in the military, and no one that I know of is a gun nut.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I haven't, but I want to. Just to see what it's like. It's on my bucket list. I'd shoot one at a range, of course, with proper safety precautions. I'm not a gun-crazed lunatic.

I also want to film it, to see my "gun face", as Eric Stonestreet said everyone has.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I love recreational shooting. It's an enormous stress reliever and something enjoyable that I can do with my Dad and uncle and whatnot. Ammo is getting pricey now though >_>

keve4433

Not totally insane....YET!!!
Dec 9, 2009
Wayneguard said:
I love recreational shooting. It's an enormous stress reliever and something enjoyable that I can do with my Dad and uncle and whatnot. Ammo is getting pricey now though >_>
Agreed...I was looking at 9mm rounds yesterday when I was buying ammo. $22.50 for a box of fifty, it's getting ridiculous.

OT: I go shooting quite often. My dad collects guns so I have fired just about everything from my 1860-something pump action .22 to the S&W M500 at least once. My favorite is my Remington 870 Wingmaster that I got for Christmas though.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
I voted no and I don't care, but then I remembered I did when I was a kid.. So I guess 'yes and I didn't care.'

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I have held a real gun...when I was six or somthing I think

but no I never pulled the trigger