Poll: Question: Are women less affected by the attractiveness of others, or just hide it better?

symphonymarie

Oct 15, 2013
Ragsnstitches said:
Baffle said:
Zhukov said:
It's in the picture included on my post. Lines running from hip to dick.

I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea, eh?
Ah yes, missed the picture. I mean more when it's like this:

You could lose a finger in there!
*clicks spoiler*

Fucking hell, it's like those legs are detachable.
Oh god, that is so disturbing to me. As a retoucher I am just going to comfort myself by assuming someone got a little carried away in post!

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
LifeCharacter said:
manic_depressive13 said:
Ugh, it always disturbs me how readily people will rattle off gender stereotypes like they're facts. Anyway.

There's a lot more pressure on women not to be rude and aggressive, so women are less likely to check people out in a rude or aggressive way. Just because women don't smirk while they stare pointedly at some guy's ass doesn't mean they're not checking him out. Also, just because a woman isn't visibly repulsed by an ugly guy doesn't mean she's seeing his inner beauty or some shit. There's just way more pressure to be polite.
I'm going to have to agree with this, all of it. Being raised and pressured to be passive and polite instead of rude, aggressive, and to ogle women like douche is far more likely explanation for what OP observes than women just not caring about the attractiveness of men as much. And, like always, men pretending they know how women think and feel is pretty damn creepy.

To add on to that, our sexualities are immensely repressed in part due to:

Political decisions, often made by counsels entirely made up of men (Abortion Clinics getting shutdown, higher taxes and more regulations on birth control for women that is often hazardous to said women's health, lack of money and dedication to finding non-permanent birth control for men)

People employed in medical care/woman's health industries thinking they know what's 'best' for women (Just ask when who wanted to have their tubes tied how much their doctor bugged them about it, despite the fact that the procedure isn't half as deadly as some people claim. 'Think about how sad you'd be when you get older, with no children!', 'You will regret this') (Note: I've never met a man who had a hassle getting a vasectomy.)

The strange relationship between fascination with a woman's vagina versus disgust/lack of knowledge at what a vagina actually does (those white streaks in your panties could be acid burning off the dye in your underwear, not discharges! Blood soaked pieces of a woman's uterus lining can come out doing periods, IMO they often feel like giving birth to a slippy baby slug!:D)

And other, passively sexist behaviors to deal with irl...

Loonyyy said:
manic_depressive13 said:
Loonyyy said:
Also, I'm prepared to bet a significant amount of money that what a men think women will find attractive is far different to what women actually find attractive in men. Men on average could stand to try a little harder.
Ha, I noticed that too. "Why aren't women staring at the men I think they should find attractive?"
I figure it's two things:
1.) Lowered societal standards for male attractiveness. Self reflection doesn't really happen. Hence neckbeards, fedoras, cargo shorts meets oversized hawaiian shirt, oh god why. If it's ever mentioned, it's always handwaved with all the other ways that said man is supposedly awesome.
2.) Homophobia. Can't work out what's attractive or sexy, even in myself to present, because that would be gaaaaaayyyyyyy. I figure this one's a problem where assholes assholishness feeds on said asshole. Oh, and a tinge of sexism when they can't even listen to women on it. Men advising men on what women find attractiv-oh wait that's this thread. Shit.

A large number of men seem to think big muscles and dicks are attractive. Of course, these people are wrong (And good luck on them changing the latter. Telling people on the internet that it's a foot long won't work. All of the Okcupid blogs/tumblrs/whatevers) If they'd noticed the reaction to Tom Hiddleston, Alexander Skarsgard or David Tennant, they might get a little closer to extracting their heads from their asses, rather than trying to squish it in further on "leg day". The only people interested in that are standing in the same gym locker room discussing the amount of creatine they're using.
And the passively sexist things from the male side as well, nicely put!