Poll: Rage or Dead island, which to buy?

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
Stall said:
Dark Souls, because both Rage and Dead Island suck.
haha i was going to say no sugesting other games but then i taught i might be up for dark souls it looks savage but theres a but and a big one :D
i think it will be too hard for me.
so i ask this question hopeing you answer with a long explanation
is the hardness of it frustrating? of is it what makes it funner?
i dont want a game where i can get to a part and soon i can progress cause when i die i get weaker or i have to redo a level which i hate doing.
also do u enjoy playing games on the hardest difficulty for the challange? (important question)

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Dead Island if you can get past the less then stellar graphics and some bugs. It actually seems to have a lot more in common with Fallout 3 then Rage does. Plus I keep hearing that Rage is not as long as you'd think it is and that it's world is kind of small and static, the driving sections padding and stretching everything out like they did in Borderlands. And with Dead Island you can play the entire game in co-op with a friend. Rage only has a few self-contained co-op missions if memory serves me right.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Breno said:
DesiPrinceX09 said:
RAGE definitely! It's so awesome. I played it all weekend and had a blast. They said its supposed to be ten hours long but I have played for 7 hours and I am not even out of wellsprings yet (the second town you go to) so there is plenty of fun to be had. Driving the buggy car are awesome and the controls feel smooth. I upgraded my caprino buggy and it's a beast! It can out run any bandit car and take a lot of hits and dish out some serious explosive justice. I would say RAGE is better but then again I am not a zombie game fan and i've never played dead island so I'm one sided on this. But I will still say that Rage is awesome.
this quote about upgrading cars is the one that has got me to change sides and go to rage as i love upgrading and stuff plus 90% of the commments are pro rage (lol pun) thank you sir and anyway il probly end up with dead island but at chritmas maybe.
Your welcome! Glad I could provide you with good information that helped you decide. You start out with a piece of sh*t basic buggy (obviously) but after you win races and get a good reputation, you can buy better parts and turn your buggy into something completely badass. And then there is a higher class of buggy, which is the caprino. When you upgrade the caprino, you can turn it into an absolute monster. I got the best engine, tires, suspension system, armor, and speed boost. I can destroy bandit cars by ramming them right off the roads with the grill I have installed and they can't get away from me since I am extremely fast. And of course the gun play and graphics are the best i've seen. It's a blast, as i mentioned earlier. If you enjoy some fun explosive racing action and good gun play with a variety of tools at your disposal, then Rage is the right game for you.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
3AM said:
I can't vote because I've played both and enjoyed both. *snip*
My thoughts exactly. Both are fun IMHO, Rage is all the good fun of the capital wasteland was, though not as open unfortunately. Dead Island is fun and an open world plus you can have four friends for zombie butt kicking goodness. You will really only need like one mod though, if that.

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
okay id like to thank everyone thats has chiped in here and im going with rage no surprise there seein the vote counts and most peoples comments :) but im surprised i was turned from dead island anyway thanks alot all :p
i shall be picking it up tomarro :D

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Have you got people you can play with? If so, choose Dead Island. Otherwise go for RAGE. Dead Island is great with friends, but not so good alone.

Edit: Just saw you already decided, hah! Oh well.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Dark Souls! Everyone likes bashing their head against a wall right? (it's just so satisfying when you finally break through)

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
I havent played dead island so I've got to go with rage im not that far in it yet but im still having a blast with what ive played so far.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Niether of them are up to much.

I'd say Rage is the better of the two though.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I've yet to play Dead Island but i'd go for Rage since me and a friend have been playing it the past two day's and it's been going great so far ( we own the 360 version) and the game looks polished with hardly any problems and stunning visuals and the various weapons and ammo types along with added side arms weapons lets you kill your enemies in various gorified ways which looks and feels fun especially when you can craft sentry turrets and sentry bots that can climb over almost anything to get to your enemies to either shoot or stab them to death.

We also played all 9 co-op missions slit screen and found them enjoyable as the game provides not only single player value but also online multiplayer and splitscreen value along with racing which for me is a great deal as i don't see many games pulling all that off into one single game.

I would also highly advise installing all 3 xbox 360 disks onto your console to improve loading times and any issues in texture popping you may encounter not to say it's a bad issue but a "just in case" one.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
I very much enjoyed Dead Island even though it received a lot of hate. My friends that own Rage say it's not much fun, so I'd go with Dead Island.

drummond13

Apr 28, 2008
Sounds like you've already made your decision, but even so, count another vote for Rage. Both games have flaws, but overall Rage still stands as a competent title. Dead Island, sadly, does not.

=Frost=

Oct 6, 2011
I just really don't like dead island. besides that fact that it's extremely buggy, it just doesn't really play very good. Then again, I didn't play either, I've just watched playthroughs for both, but Rage is defently my choice of the two.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I would say Dead Island, I wasn't satisfied with Rage, why, well...

Why Rage sucks for me:

1. Story is too short and terrible.
2. Flow of the game was annoying.
3. It was too repetitive.
4. The game doesn't want me to be connected with my character.
5. A whole clip to kill enemies...thats not possible.
6. Multiplayer was a disappointment.

Frankly if they had a better flow and a better longer story, no multiplayer, a better free-roam system and a reason why should I keep playing it, I would try to play it, but I got board up to the point where I found out that I have to buy ammo for my car...really, I still have to pay for towing and repairs and now weapons and ammo for the weapons, thats just crazy! Also I know the reason about the ammo and such is because they want us to think it's a game based after an apocalypse, but to me, it doesn't.

The game disappointed me and I'm returning it today, I better get my damn money back, hell I even kept Duke Nukem Forever, but not this!

Man I should write up a review of this and tell everyone what its like.

Why Dead Island is awesome:
1. Story is basic and don't need barly any details. (Unlike Rage)
2. Damn good multiplayer and scary single-player.
3. So many weapons.(Also guns are good too) >_<
4. It feels like an apocalypse.
5. The respawn system was fair and basic. (Unlike Rage, although I did like the defib part)
6. The intro movie was always a hit with me.
7. Every character has a speciality also a skill tree.

Yeah I would say go with Dead Island while I return Rage for money, and putting towards Skyrim.

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
If you are hardcore into zombies, and are willing to deal with a repetitive, sometimes frustrating mission system, go for dead island. I love the game, but I can see lots of reasons to hate.

I have yet to hear anything bad about rage, so unless you fall well into the first category, I would go with rage.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Rage, a million times better. The shooting in it is super smooth and fun and it's absolutely gorgeous to look at.