Poll: Rank ME3 Multiplayer Enemies

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
my quarian infiltrator takes care of geth like i take care of cake. i once had 4 primes fighting for me. and it works on atlas (atli?)and turrets, So definitely reapers.

SadisticBrownie

May 9, 2011
Cerberus are alright really. Reapers are horrible, and would easily be the worst for me if not for Geth Hunters. They are absolute bastards, and the reason why I fear the Geth so much.

Gamergeek25

Mar 29, 2011
Reapers nightmare. My engineer quarian can hold her own against a brute if I can manuever him into a zone where I can safely attack him, but those banshees... Geth are easiest for me except when a few pyro gets to my cover then I got to fall back. Cerberus is easy once the phantoms are dead.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Some people think Geth are harder than Cerberus?

Every gold I've won has been against Geth.

Reapers are fucking hard. Banshees are impossible on gold.

Sep 14, 2009
RJ 17 said:
I made it a good 3 weeks in the game without getting insta-killed by a Banshee...then it happened pretty much as you described: you make it past them then all of a sudden your character just kinda starts drifting backwards, next thing you know you're dead. That happened to me twice in the same night, but now they just prefer to camp near my corpse and wait until a teammate has revived me so they can charge over and grab me as I stand up.

And yeah, the Geth are a bunch of psychos. In the later waves, if a rocket trooper hits you dead on and you go to try and hide to heal, it'll straight-up charge your position. They are some pissed off robots.
exactly! you turn to sprint and think you got a clean get away then it's scorpion's "GET OVER HERE!" banshee style. very aggravating.

also another note: maybe it's just me...but I seem to get reaper as my opponent at least 2-3x more than cerberus/geth. and as stated there isn't a "clear line for victory" class when dealing with 3-4 banshees at once.

p.s. what do people in here usually buy? would you say it's smart to only buy spectre packs, or is it smart to buy an absolute shit ton of recruit/veteran packs at first to get rid of all your crappy gun upgrades, then buy spectre packs once those are all upgraded?

Sep 14, 2009
Mikeyfell said:

depends, what class are you using? some classes are an absolute cake walk when dealing with the geth, however if you don't have it equipped and randomly are assigned geth that round, you can be stuck in a shitty spot when 5 hunters swarm you from all sides while your running from geth rocket troopers.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Unless you make the right comp for it Geth are the worst imo. If we're talking about well balanced comps than I would say Reapers. Geth Hunters and Rocket Troopers glitch out and break too many rules far too often. They cheat more than Banshees and their bullshit "GET OVER HERE" server lag insta-kills.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Mikeyfell said:

depends, what class are you using? some classes are an absolute cake walk when dealing with the geth, however if you don't have it equipped and randomly are assigned geth that round, you can be stuck in a shitty spot when 5 hunters swarm you from all sides while your running from geth rocket troopers.
Well I do have a Salarian who can blast Shield drain every 3 seconds. but even if I don't and I'm playing a Biotic or soldier the Geth are still far easier than Cerberus.

The geth don't throw Grenades that's a big part of it.
They don't have an equivalent to the Phantom, unless you count the Pyro but unless you're sloppy and let them gang up on you they're trivial to deal with.

I've never had a problem with hunters either.

But you put an Atlas at one end and Phantoms at the other you'll die every time.

Sep 14, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
gmaverick019 said:
Mikeyfell said:

Well I do have a Salarian who can blast Shield drain every 3 seconds. but even if I don't and I'm playing a Biotic or soldier the Geth are still far easier than Cerberus.

The geth don't throw Grenades that's a big part of it.
They don't have an equivalent to the Phantom, unless you count the Pyro but unless you're sloppy and let them gang up on you they're trivial to deal with.

I've never had a problem with hunters either.

But you put an Atlas at one end and Phantoms at the other you'll die every time.
maybe i'm just lucky or maybe i just always get put with a decent team, but i've been caking atlas's left and right, i've yet to be phased by one of those slow as fuck things. the geth prime actually has a bit more speed to it and it's photon slug things seem to hit me way more than the atlas's weaponry does. and the phantom's don't start out cloaked so you see them coming from far off, in which i can usually either pick off the barrier or kill them before they reach me, while the geth hunters are relentless and get up in your face by the half dozens, not giving an ounce of fuck for their own life. (the phantoms usually try to go hide to refill the barrier, something i take mighty advantage of and go on the offensive.)

pyro's aren't a big deal either, unless you don't corner check or are running from something, they are mostly easy pickings. and once again, maybe i'm just lucky, but i think in my 3 weeks of playing me3, i've been actually affected by maybe...three grenades? Now I don't play on gold, and maybe they toss them like their is no tomorrow on it, but on silver I hardly had a problem in dealing with grenades, just the occasional scoot down on the wall.

and you are very right, they don't have an equivalent, however they have insane amounts of hunters/rocket troopers that make up for it, for every phantom there is 3-5 hunters breathing down your neck before you know it.

also, if a hunter DOES get a shot off on me, it is a shotgun, so it "blows you back" for a second or so where you are stunned, while the phantom..at least by my knowledge, doesn't have that. so generally i can fire away at it with no worries.

Sep 14, 2009
Shanicus said:
gmaverick019 said:
RJ 17 said:
I made it a good 3 weeks in the game without getting insta-killed by a Banshee...then it happened pretty much as you described: you make it past them then all of a sudden your character just kinda starts drifting backwards, next thing you know you're dead. That happened to me twice in the same night, but now they just prefer to camp near my corpse and wait until a teammate has revived me so they can charge over and grab me as I stand up.

And yeah, the Geth are a bunch of psychos. In the later waves, if a rocket trooper hits you dead on and you go to try and hide to heal, it'll straight-up charge your position. They are some pissed off robots.
exactly! you turn to sprint and think you got a clean get away then it's scorpion's "GET OVER HERE!" banshee style. very aggravating.

also another note: maybe it's just me...but I seem to get reaper as my opponent at least 2-3x more than cerberus/geth. and as stated there isn't a "clear line for victory" class when dealing with 3-4 banshees at once.

p.s. what do people in here usually buy? would you say it's smart to only buy spectre packs, or is it smart to buy an absolute shit ton of recruit/veteran packs at first to get rid of all your crappy gun upgrades, then buy spectre packs once those are all upgraded?
I've noticed something positive about the 'GET OVER HERE' Banshee attack - it seems to leave them open for a lot longer then normal. Had it happen to someone on my team once (kinda funny watching fly backwards) and it gave us enough time to Warp-Charge-Stick mine her so she let him go.

This was also a rather... interesting tactic I saw a Vanguard do once against the Reapers (just as a little 'possible anti-Banshee Tactic') -He charged into a group of 3 Banshees with the Viper Missile launcher and detonated it at his feet; killed all three of them instantly, and he got out of it without a scratch. Probably won't work on Gold, but it's an insta-kill on Silver, at least.

to answer your third note - I bought a fair amount of the recruit packs to get rid of all the crappy weapons (though the Avenger is pretty good...) and upgrade most of the Mods; I don't know if it's boosted my drop chance for good weapons, but I am getting more Equipment and supplies to fill in the common drops.
Yeah i saved a teammate earlier today, i think in the adrenaline i didn't think about it, but as you mentioned there is a bit longer of a wait time before the one hit kill so you can save them. i wonder if that's actually programmed into the banshee or it's just saying "fuck the police" and grabbing you anyways? who knows.

i don't use the vanguard class often, as i prefer weapon/non biotic combos, but that is interesting and smart to use. i tend to get at least 2 big baddies when i use the rocket, but 3 banshees is definitely a good day for anyone.

yeah my friend just started, and i wasn't sure if buying all spectre's was smart or not, so i told him to load up on recruits for a while, thanks for confirming that.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
maybe i'm just lucky or maybe i just always get put with a decent team, but i've been caking atlas's left and right, i've yet to be phased by one of those slow as fuck things. the geth prime actually has a bit more speed to it and it's photon slug things seem to hit me way more than the atlas's weaponry does. and the phantom's don't start out cloaked so you see them coming from far off, in which i can usually either pick off the barrier or kill them before they reach me, while the geth hunters are relentless and get up in your face by the half dozens, not giving an ounce of fuck for their own life. (the phantoms usually try to go hide to refill the barrier, something i take mighty advantage of and go on the offensive.)

pyro's aren't a big deal either, unless you don't corner check or are running from something, they are mostly easy pickings. and once again, maybe i'm just lucky, but i think in my 3 weeks of playing me3, i've been actually affected by maybe...three grenades? Now I don't play on gold, and maybe they toss them like their is no tomorrow on it, but on silver I hardly had a problem in dealing with grenades, just the occasional scoot down on the wall.

and you are very right, they don't have an equivalent, however they have insane amounts of hunters/rocket troopers that make up for it, for every phantom there is 3-5 hunters breathing down your neck before you know it.

also, if a hunter DOES get a shot off on me, it is a shotgun, so it "blows you back" for a second or so where you are stunned, while the phantom..at least by my knowledge, doesn't have that. so generally i can fire away at it with no worries.
I mostly play on silver. Maybe grenades are just worse for me they drive me nuts. (That's how I die in single player the most)

And I can usually see hunters coming too.

I can Solo Geth on bronze.
It takes a pretty good team to beat Cerberus on silver.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Reaper-Cerberus-Geth

Geth I don't find too hard. If there's a hunter, I can see it even when its cloaked [Its seriously not that hard] and shotgun to the face, charge, shotgun. Pyro's I just charge, shotgun, shotgun, shotgun and they tend to go down, or be stunned long enough for me to run lie f***. Rocket troopers are pathetic, They hit hard? Sure, but they can't hit me whilst I'm charging. And then there's the normal trooper - pathetic. The prime is the only thing I have a problem with, but if I bring a light enough weapon, I can just keep charging all its turrets, restoring my shields and keeping me safe from it whilst my squad takes it down. Also has the smallest variety of enemies.

Cerberus are mostly fine. Assault troopers? Pathetic. Centurions? Pathetic with a shield. Guardians? At least one bullet from every shotgun shot goes through that slit of theirs for me, and charging them generally knocks them back, exposing them to my shotgun [Is a bit random though. Sometimes it does it, sometimes nothing happens :p]. Nemesis? Charge them, they dead. Atlas? Slow firing, I can just keep charging and running and remain relatively safe for a while [One stuff up, or one other enemy though... Yeah. Dead.]. Phantoms are b***** if you don't see them first, and even then I can't charge them, gotta move away whilst shooting or else get gut stabbed. Engineers... Them buggers are evil. Especially when their turret doesn't blow up if they drop it when I hit them, and just sets up next to me whilst I try to find someone near cover to charge to. And then there's the charging someone, only to find they were within LOS of a turret and get my ass raped by it. Gah, I hate engineers.

Reapers though, they take the cake. Cannibals? Gunfodder. Marauders? Chargefodder. Brutes? Not too hard to kill, but I can't charge them sadly ): [Well, you could, but they generally charge me at the same time, and their charge always wins]. Ravagers? Not too bad. I generally see them first, charge them, then unload a few shotguns to the face and they drop. Husks? Weakest of the weak. You can't get any more crap than a husk. Banshees though... Man those things are evil. Shotgun blasts generally stop them from charging, but their perpetually homing Biotic blasts, their massive barriers and armour and their ability to one hit kill you if you get close to them with that grab and stab or whatever attack... gah. Hate it. I remember this one round, round 10 was a "Kill the Enemy Leader" Round. Every. Single. Leader. Was a Banshee. At the same time, there was at least another two banshees on the field at the same time. We were lucky our sniper was pro and had a Widow. Got the last one with 2 seconds to go, then proceeded to slowly take out everything else. Damn I hate banshees.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
For me Cerberus is the most manageable. The only real issue I have with them are Phantoms, their barriers make me want to use biotics on them, but they can block biotics, so you're forced to use gunfire on them.

Geth can be pretty nasty with the wide variety of tricks they can pull on you. With their rocket troopers pinning you down, their hunters and pyros sneaking up on you, and the Prime being an absolute nuisance. But if I can I usually bring along Disruptor ammo, which gives me an advantage.

Reapers can be an absolute nightmare under the right circumstances. If there is more than one Banshee on the field, your team can get screwed over pretty damn fast unless you use rocket launchers. Brutes and Ravagers aren't too friendly either as they can both do a ton of damage in an instant.

So yeah, Reapers>Geth>Cerberus

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
gmaverick019 said:

I actually just played 6 games and only got the Reapers once. It is weird, though, I can just sense when I'm going to be fighting the Reapers. The one game I played against them: Firebase Glacier. As soon as the map loaded up I thought "Gonna be fighting the Reapers here..." sure enough, it was them. Mission failed on wave 10 with a Hold The Circle objective.

Seriously, think I already said this but just in case I didn't: I think it should be an achievement/trophy to beat Firebase Glacier on Gold against the Reapers with a full extraction. Think that might be the most difficult set-up I've encountered.

As for the pack buying, I do think it's better to start off getting Recruit and Veteran. But once you get a class/species that you find to be your best, it's better to start going Specter to find some decent weapons for it.

On a side note, just bought my first Premium Specter Pack for 99,000 credits........and I got 2 frickin' characters..... >.>

Fappy said:
Unless you make the right comp for it Geth are the worst imo. If we're talking about well balanced comps than I would say Reapers. Geth Hunters and Rocket Troopers glitch out and break too many rules far too often. They cheat more than Banshees and their bullshit "GET OVER HERE" server lag insta-kills.
Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I've been shot by a rocket THROUGH a wall or some other object (i.e. 2 barrels stacked side-by-side). Then there's the fact that frozen rocket troopers can still shoot, apparently. But if you wanna talk about glitchy enemies, look no further than the Husks. I can't tell you how many times they've just straight up ignored one of my heavy melees and grabbed me once I chopped right through'em.

Shanicus said:
I've noticed something positive about the 'GET OVER HERE' Banshee attack - it seems to leave them open for a lot longer then normal. Had it happen to someone on my team once (kinda funny watching fly backwards) and it gave us enough time to Warp-Charge-Stick mine her so she let him go.

This was also a rather... interesting tactic I saw a Vanguard do once against the Reapers (just as a little 'possible anti-Banshee Tactic') -He charged into a group of 3 Banshees with the Viper Missile launcher and detonated it at his feet; killed all three of them instantly, and he got out of it without a scratch. Probably won't work on Gold, but it's an insta-kill on Silver, at least.
:p well of course it leaves'em volnurable for a longer time...they gotta just stand there while they're sucking the target in! As for the rocket tactic, it's just a more dangerous way to do what always works best when trying to nail a banshee with a rocket: shot at the ground near them. If you try to go for a direct body-shot, there's a good chance you'll miss. Just aim at their feet and let the explosion do the rest. My record is 2 brutes and 2 banshes with 1 rocket on a gold extraction wave. :3

Sep 14, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
gmaverick019 said:

I mostly play on silver. Maybe grenades are just worse for me they drive me nuts. (That's how I die in single player the most)

And I can usually see hunters coming too.

I can Solo Geth on bronze.
It takes a pretty good team to beat Cerberus on silver.
huh, maybe it's just me then, i hardly get targeted by grenades too much..(do you have LED screen? on my screen the little warning thing pops up and is clear as day when they toss a grenade.)

hunters, by themselves, are not bad, but as mentioned by the OP, geth are relentless and seem to all attack at once,which is the only problem I tend to have with them, as they swarm you from all sides while you are picking off the others. while with cerberus, phantoms/atlus are the only thing that aren't cannon fodder, especially when i have a class equipped with my carnifex (seriously, one time i one hit headshotted a whole clip. destroyed that wave single handedly.)

and i'll admit, if your prepared, especially with a class with tech abilities (such as overload/sabotage) then yeah, geth can be a clean sweep, especially on bronze. I just think overall, as a whole, they are much more dangerous each wave, than cerberus. I don't think i've gone a single game against cerberus where i didn't win...maybe one or two, as i did play with a team yesterday that was absolute shite and all of them were rolling infiltrator class besides me..

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
RJ 17 said:
StriderShinryu said:
I find it a toss up between Cerberus and Geth after that. I don't find the Geth too troublesome but they have a tendency to overrun you if you don't maintain good situational awareness. Cerberus isn't too bad either, though the Phantoms are a major nighhtmare if you don't have an aware team with the right abilities to stop them. I don't think even a Banshee has ripped through a poorly prepared team as fast as I've seen a Phantom do it.
Yeah, I fully respect a Phantom's destructive power. If you let even on slip in behind you and your group, at least 2 people are going down, that's almost a guarentee. However they're not too numerous, you might get 5 or 6 of'em on the latter waves even in gold. What makes me say that the Hunters are a bigger pain in the ass is

1: They start out cloaked while Phantoms only cloak once their health-bar takes damage, and even then more times then not they cloak to run away and heal their barrier rather than press the attack which would make them the deadliest unit in the game.

2: Hunters attack in swarms. You'll be focus-firing with your team on a Prime and all of a sudden BOOM! there go your shields. You turn around and there's a Hunter uncloaking to elbow you in the face while he's got 4 or 5 buddies standing in line behind him waiting their turn. Since they're ALWAYS cloaked (and actually with one of the recent updates, the patch notes described how they've been buffed in the speed and agression department) it really makes it easy for them to get lost in the chaos of an intense fight when you're trying to take down 3 pyros marching on your position while avoiding the 5 rocket trooper's behind them.

Really all it takes to take care of Phantoms is a good spot for your team to be holding out and good team awareness. Call out a Phantom to your teammates and between powers and focused-fire they tend to die pretty easily. Hunters, on the other hand...yeah, the whole swarm mentality thing just makes them a lot harder if you ask me.

But again, I do agree that an unchecked/uncalled Phantom is probably the deadliest enemy unit in Multiplayer....

...that or the Banshees that insta-kill grab you the while you're standing up after being revived. xP
I typically play asari adept, so I have almost no problems at all with Phantoms and Hunters (both can be put into stasis). In fact, asari adept can make phantoms super easy to deal with on the harder difficulties.

Now Banshees, on the other hand... Stasis doesn't work on armor :(