Poll: Rate humanity! (on a scale of 1-8)

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
Rate humanity on a scale of 1-8 (because you can't have more than 8 on a poll)

I choose three because the majority of people suck. erm...not you of course.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
I picked four. Half suck, half don't

EDIT: I lied, I don't vote in polls ever. But if I did, I would pick four

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I chose 8, because for all our flaws I can't think of a single thing in this universe which is greater than humanity.

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
Strength-3
Intelligence-7
Stupidity-8
Deadliness-4
Culinary-6
Poofiness-2
Green-2

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I picked 5, because we cocked up a lot, but in my eyes, we did and are still doing, a pretty stellar job.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
JoJoDeathunter said:
I chose 8, because for all our flaws I can't think of a single thing in this universe which is greater than humanity.
Based on what scale? The famous Douglas Adams quote springs to mind:
"Man has always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much...the wheel, New York, wars and so on...while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man...for precisely the same reason."
OT: Compared to what? assuming the number is an entirely arbitrary thing, I'd say maybe four. We are capable of both great acts of compassion and unspeakable malevolence.

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
JoJoDeathunter said:
I can think of plenty, like black holes. If there is something even more powerful out there it fills me with dread.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
-42!!
Yeah, not a big fan of humanity.

Oh, and because humans sometimes forget to put a 2 as an option on their polls :p

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
5 under current conditions, 8 once my reign of terror begins in 2032.

Arkynomicon said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
I can think of plenty, like black holes. If there is something even more powerful out there it fills me with dread.
For some odd, bizarre reason I don't think he meant "greater" as in "more mass".

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
I chose 5, because we can suck but not all the time.
pretty much this. we're not perfect, but we're a little better than what i consider to be "average behavior"-not accomplishing much and/or being generally rude. on the whole we're a step above that in our daily lives.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
I'm gonna give it a 6 by which i mean, it's a lot better then it was, but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Picked 5. Yes, there's some Sarcastic Annoyin' smug British Dick-Hole *(Cough) Me (Cough)* and Yes Someone gave birth to Tommy Wasiuea, and yes poeple start wars over some twats sittin' in a cloud makin' shit happen, but at least there's something good happenin' for us, by us.

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
mireko said:
Arkynomicon said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
For some odd, bizarre reason I don't think he meant "greater" as in "more mass".
I was thinking in sheer power. They absorb everything that gets near them even light and sound. Something that can suck up everything we take for granted is worthy of my respect.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Arkynomicon said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
A black hole is more powerful, granted, but greater? Nothing else known in the universe can compare to the human imagination, our struggles, our joys, our pains, our love.