Poll: Recent Escapist Video Series

sombre yeti

Dec 21, 2009
Do you guys think the most of the video series on the Escapists are below par. With the finale of There Will Be Brawl, the disappearance of Unforgotten Realms, and the steady downfall of Zero Punctuation and Unskippable I feel like the humor is gone. The site leans on Game Dogs (a series filled with dog puns and references to things that were funny for other series) and Doraleous (i couldn't even finish the first episode)which dont seem to deliver.

Feel free to share your opinions.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
I feel that all shows go through downtimes*points at recent episodes of Scrubs*, but in all honesty your complaining sbout FREE entertainment. It wouldn't matter if it was just a blank screen, it's free.(I also love and watch all of those shows, even Game Dogs)

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Yeah, Apart from The Flagship ZP...I think the latest stuff on here are...Average at best.

I miss the old Stolen Pixels: "Your not taking my broom!"

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
Well, I only ever watched Doomsday Arcade (improves with time- early episodes are pretty weak, but it gets its groove), Zero Punctuation (same), Unskippable (consistently good), and ENN (consistently good), so I have to say no. I haven't watched either of the new shows, though.

(Am I the only person who thinks each ZP is better than the last? Everyone else seems to see a decline in quality that I don't percieve)

Darth Caelum

Jan 21, 2010
Regiment said:
Well, I only ever watched Doomsday Arcade (improves with time- early episodes are pretty weak, but it gets its groove), Zero Punctuation (same), Unskippable (consistently good), and ENN (consistently good), so I have to say no. I haven't watched either of the new shows, though.

(Am I the only person who thinks each ZP is better than the last? Everyone else seems to see a decline in quality that I don't percieve)
Well i do.
Anyway, ZP is the king of comedy here (for me anyway) the others are above average at best.

thepopeofatheism

Jul 14, 2008
I absolutely love Doraleous and Associates. The timing and whit are right up my alley.

Oh, and I certainly don't miss Unforgotten Realms. There's a reason that, not only did he lose his contract, but they also deleted the video archives on the site.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Pararaptor said:
Sleekgiant said:
I feel that all shows go through downtimes*points at recent episodes of Scrubs*, but in all honesty your complaining sbout FREE entertainment. It wouldn't matter if it was just a blank screen, it's free.(I also love and watch all of those shows, even Game Dogs)
Holy shit you just turned around my entire perspective on these shows.

Yeah, I prefer forum games over videos for my Escapist humour, but as Sleek said, it's not like you're paying for them.
*marks off to do list*Change someones perspective, complete

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
To be honest I LOVE Doraleous and Associates.

Plus I don't think Zero Punctuation has 'gone downhill' at all, maybe you're just getting sick of it?

Lastly the series I will miss the most would be Doomsday Arcade if its leaving... I hope to God its not... the cheesy AWFUL puns in that show make my life complete. Shanks and Lund, your are my hero.

Plus now LRR lives here, and they are just plain awesome. Kathleen is my hero and I'm absolutely in love with Graham, he's downright sexy... or maybe it was the other way around? I'm not sure, I get confused sometimes... Grahams rugged good looks do that to me.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
And Apocalypse lane vanished off the face of the earth? Seriously OP? That is easily the best animated thing on the Escapist.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I still enjoy ZP and Game Dogs is amusing, I usually just come here to be entertained for free. And the escapist certainly provides entertainment, and it's all free!

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
sombre yeti said:
Do you guys think the most of the video series on the Escapists are below par. With the finale of There Will Be Brawl, the disappearance of Unforgotten Realms, and the steady downfall of Zero Punctuation and Unskippable I feel like the humor is gone. The site leans on Game Dogs (a series filled with dog puns and references to things that were funny for other series) and Doraleous (i couldn't even finish the first episode)which dont seem to deliver.

Feel free to share your opinions.
"The Steady Downfall of Zero Punctuation and Unskippable"

Ok this doesn't add up for me. You're commenting on something like it's a documented fact when it's at best an opinion, and one any number of people, myself included, may not share. that said, ok, let's do this.

Unskippable: I still watch it every week and it's a highlight of the lineup

Zero Punctuation: Still find funny, but like most humor, this is a pretty subjective thing.

Loading Ready Run: You left this off completely I noticed. They've been a bit hit and miss with me, but way more hit than miss. i.e. ok the beard thing was meh, but the bathroom attendant cracked me up. Graham's delivery just completely sells it.

Apocalypse Lane: Still digging it.

Doraleous and Associates: I'm enjoying it, and looking forward to see them run with it

Game Dogs: I admit, if I didn't know Russ was behind it, I probably wouldn't watch this as much. That said, the episodes are getting better as the characters find their voices a bit more.

Look I could go on, but here's the thing, it's all humor, so it' all subjective. The Escapist has always had a history for being different, and when you march to the beat of your own drummer, trying new things out, some of it works, some of it doesn't.

They still entertain me.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
thepopeofatheism said:
I absolutely love Doraleous and Associates. The timing and whit are right up my alley.

Oh, and I certainly don't miss Unforgotten Realms. There's a reason that, not only did he lose his contract, but they also deleted the video archives on the site.
I don't remember losing my contract and I believe all the videos are still up.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unforgotten-realms

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Regiment said:

I agree. I don't see how it's gone down hill at all. I think it's still funny and I still love Doomsday Arcade and will miss it when it's done. The one I miss and I don't care if I flack for it but miss Unforgotten Realms. I always thought it was funny and hope to see more soon.

thepopeofatheism

Jul 14, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
thepopeofatheism said:

I don't remember losing my contract and I believe all the videos are still up.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unforgotten-realms

Ah, well, apologies. My mistake then.

I had noticed that there was no longer a link on the front page and then, upon looking at the video pages, I hadn't seen the posted there either. There also hadn't been a new one in quite some time.

And from that I simply [i/]inferred[/i]. Assumed if you will.
My mistake.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I miss Unforgotten realms a lot...
Apocalypse lane and LRR are the only things left i really enjoy, the other stuff feels average . So lets hope that Apocalypse lane gets to do more then those 48 episodes.

13thforswarn

Jul 11, 2009
thepopeofatheism said:

Doraleous and Associates is okay, but it doesn't even come close to the awesomeness of Unforgotten Realms. UR was the best show on this website. But then they got rid of it for some reason...