Poll: Regret

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
I regret a lot of things in my life. But a forum post? I couldn't regret something so meaningless.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
molesgallus said:
I regret a lot of things in my life. But a forum post? I couldn't regret something so meaningless.
So just now you didn't regret not putting that in your original post as an edit? You don't regret double posting for no reason whatsoever?

If not, I'd say you're a little ill suited for the forums, bearing in mind that the general consensus is that one should abide by "Forum Law", also known as the "Code of the Fool".

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
s0denone said:
molesgallus said:
So just now you didn't regret not putting that in your original post as an edit? You don't regret double posting for no reason whatsoever?

If not, I'd say you're a little ill suited for the forums, bearing in mind that the general consensus is that one should abide by "Forum Law", also known as the "Code of the Fool".
No. My other post was a response to someone else's post. My point wasn't related. I didn't even know double posting was considered 'wrong'. If it is, then I would have a lot to regret; if it was worth regretting it. Which it isn't, because there are no negative repercussions.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Hmmm... that's not something I want to think about too long. Needless to say, now and again I'll make a post I regret that I can't take back... usually entering into a complicated banter when I just wanted to post my opinion and move on. That's not really how the internet works, and I know that, but I always end up doing it anyway.

On DeviantArt, I have a terrible habit of not thinking enough about my post before I post it, and my favourite artists mistake me for a troll and try to defend themselves, and their fans try to defend them, and I have to explain to everybody that "no, I didn't mean that!"

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
molesgallus said:
s0denone said:
molesgallus said:

No. My other post was a response to someone else's post. My point wasn't related. I didn't even know double posting was considered 'wrong'. If it is, then I would have a lot to regret; if it was worth regretting it. Which it isn't, because there are no negative repercussions.
You seem incredibly eager to underline that you have no regrets because the Internet doesn't matter. I share your opinion, but maybe you should tone it down a little... It smells like overcompensating.

How can you not know double posting is considered silly, when there's an "EDIT" button right below your own posts? What you did was not "wrong", but simply "stupid". I mean, you wrote two posts barely containing two sentences when put together, instead of the editing the first to shove in that extra "And also, on topic: [...]".

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
s0denone said:
molesgallus said:
s0denone said:
molesgallus said:

You seem incredibly eager to underline that you have no regrets because the Internet doesn't matter. I share your opinion, but maybe you should tone it down a little... It smells like overcompensating.

How can you not know double posting is considered silly, when there's an "EDIT" button right below your own posts? What you did was not "wrong", but simply "stupid". I mean, you wrote two posts barely containing two sentences when put together, instead of the editing the first to shove in that extra "And also, on topic: [...]".
Overcompensating what?

I didn't feel my thread response, and my response to that user were connected. So I didn't connect them. The edit button could be used for many things, not just splicing unrelated comments together.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
March Madness. Bioware vs. Valve. Well not so much what I posted as much as my posting in the thread.
How does a thread that started out so well mannered burn so brightly?

I'm just glad that thread is gone. On the up side it doubled my post count.

Now if you excuse me.

*Huddles in Corner* [sub]So much fire, so much fire. . . I tried to stop it, I really did. [/sub]*sobs*

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
There's one post that got me a probation. I only regret posting it because I won't get the Matrix badges anytime soon.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Yeah. That one pointless thread that got me a probation and ended my Matrix-badge-spree. I can be an achievement/points/badge whore at times.

caprisun

Nov 8, 2009
Yea proably a few things that i probably shouldnt have, but nothin too bad really :/

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
WINDOWCLEAN2 said:
I feel this is somehow appropriate:

Dear Humanity, We regret Being Alien Bastards.
We regret Coming to Earth.
And we most DEFINATLEY Regret the Corps just blew OUR RAGGEDY ASS FLEET!

(Hoorah)
I love you for that.

OT: Yea, once. Let's just say anime/manga fans don't like it when you insult their favorite series. So much hate...Almost considered just leaving the escapist after that. Though I did learn my lesson- stay away from those sorts of threads. period.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I don't regret any posts. Though the amount of times I'll type out a really long post, read through it, edit it, then decide it's either irrelevant or unnecessary is astounding.

I expect my post count would be at least another couple of hundred higher if I didn't self moderate so much. I'm exactly the same in person.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Yeah, I have. Nothing terrible, just I wish I had worded it differently because it was kind of confusing.