Poll: Replaying Games: What Types of Games and Why?

Varis

lp0 on fire
Feb 24, 2012
I replay old and new games quite equally. I've played SW:KotOR1-2 about a million times, those titles just never bore me. And for some reason, there's always something I've missed...
I've also replayed ME1-2 times dozen, as well as DA:O and DA2. There's certainly something about RPGs that makes me want to play them over and over again even if I have finished them with every possible ending.

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
I replay mostly RPG's like Dragon Age Origins to try and get different endings or play as different classes and races. I never replay games such as Call of Duty (any) because it is so linear there is no point in playing it more than once. Oh and Oblivion I have around 150 hours logged on that game and it still dishes out fresh content on my second playthrough. Just amazing.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
I'll reply a game regardless of age if there are different ways to approach the levels, like being able to choose between different ways to play the game, or if there are decisions that alter the story. But if it's consistently liner I won't bother.

MasterMasamune

May 3, 2012
I really don't replay games all that much. I'll only replay a game if I want to play it in a different way than I did before. For example, once I beat Disgaea DS, I'm gonna start a new file and play with a different party setup because having ONE healer and zero mages normally isn't good.

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
This is the sort of question and poll that should be locked down for abject redundancy.
Keep up the good work!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I replay newer games than I do with odler games. Not sure why but I don't exactly go back and played an old game all that often (I only do that when I'm really bored and got no new game to play).

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
I own few games compared to most, so my replay rate is potentially higher. Once I've done an initial run through, I like to take my time going back through and looking for things I might have missed and the like. Whether it's old or new makes no difference.

Dr Pyramid Head

Aug 16, 2011
I replay games only if they are meant for a new game+ or I don't recall its events well enough. I don't see much of a point replaying a game that I have finished before if I'm not tweaking the difficulty or choosing a different path. Occasionally, I replay particularly magnificent games (for example, the Persona series) just because they are that awesome.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
I don't play games and drop them. If I invest in a game, it's because I want to spend time getting to know it and its world. I replay new games, old games, and everything in between.

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
I've replayed Fable: The Lost Chapters so many times I can't even count it, and Star Wars: KOTOR (1 and 2) a lot of times as well. Apart from that, though, I don't think I've really replayed that many games.

Desaari

Feb 24, 2009
I mostly replay older games, partly due to nostalgia, partly because I seem to get a lot more fun from them. I can't put my finger on why I find them more fun, possibly due to the industry being less risk averse/more innovative at the time and coming up with more interesting mechanics.

The only newer games that I'll replay are ones that are designed to be replayed, like Total War games.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I replay games that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Their age doesn't matter. Even long story based RPGs like the Final Fantasy series because I tend to play through them differently each time. Using different characters or abilities or imposing restrictions on the spells and gear that I can use keeps it interesting even when I've done it a thousand times before.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
With the exception of games like Phoenix Wright, I'll replay any game as long as I enjoyed it the first time around. In fact, I've accumulated a massive backlog of games because I keep replaying old ones rather than start playing the new ones.

But I've never been the kind of person who gets bored of games easily. Evidence: I just reached this mark a couple days ago in TF2...

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
when i replay, its often the older ones, due the much shorter length. but i'm not above playing through a newer game again, especially for achievements or fun (transformers:WfC :D or starcraft 2).

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
There's no real pattern to it, I just replay whatever I feel like playing it's pretty simple. For example, at the moment, I am replaying Dark Souls and loving every minute of it...minus New Londo.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I replay most games, but usually not RPGs like Mass Effect, because the whole choose your path thing is only interesting the first time, but after that, its just becomes a gimmick/annoyance as I rarely do anything differently