Poll: Resistance 3: Left 4 Dead?

Jmorn

Mar 21, 2010
Well i saw the resistance 3 trailer the other day and to me, first of all, it looked awesome. Then i realized that the video was centered around a small group of survivors. This is similar to the left 4 dead series so maybe insomniac is going in that direction. Also, in Resistance 2 we saw the evolution of coop so maybe insomniac liked it and thinks it will be a good idea. Personally i think that it should still have a coop but keep it a separate mode so that people dont get the wrong idea. They should work on matchmaking and that ranked/unranked problem. So answer the poll, leave a response i'd be glad to hear what you all think.
_________________________________________________-Jmorn

edit: Just saw the ratchet and clank: all 4 one interview. This might be a trend this year for insomniac.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Oh I hope it doesn't turn into a L4D clone. Like you, I picked up on the fact that there were multiple characters in the trailer. I could see them returning to the co-op of Resistance 2, but I hope they return to the co-op of the first Resistance. I love being able to play the campaign of any game co-op. Adds more tactics and whatnot. Plus, you team mates can actually hit things and be useful. I know that sounds like L4D, but I still want a story with Resistance 3, not just "Rescue failed. Fight zombies till rescue comes. Rescue failed. etc..."

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Yeah thats what I thought but of the four people two were a little girl and her mother. I don't think they could fight. Still it'll be nice to hav a coop campaign because games are lacking in that deprtment recently.

Jmorn

Mar 21, 2010
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Yeah thats what I thought but of the four people two were a little girl and her mother. I don't think they could fight. Still it'll be nice to hav a coop campaign because games are lacking in that deprtment recently.
yea i know, it seems like everybody is too busy working on 3d and motion controls. I just saw the interview for Ratchet and Clank: all 4 one, so maybe insomniac is going with 4 player coop for all their games. that would suck tho.

Tehshi

Jun 18, 2010
I think the ability to do 4 player co-op is good., as long as your companions are not replaced with AI when you're alone, and it instead changes number/toughness of enemies to scale with the number of players. In other words, 4-Player co-op doesn't necessarily have to be L4D style. Also, considering it's Insomniac, they should be able to craft a better story than "Fight your way through a horde of zombies until you reach the rescue point. Repeat as many times as desired with no motivation other than playing the game more."

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
I hope Insomniac knows better than to just copy L4D, if I wanted to play L4D I would boot it up on my PC.

That said, I don't think they'll do that. R2 was Insomniac's 2nd FPS (RnC don't count as FPS), and it was only "ok", IMO, so I'm hoping they'll have learned enough to make R3 REALLY good.

konor77

Aug 26, 2009
i hope it doesn't i've always liked the resistance story and story usually suffers in multiplayer focused games.

Upturned Walrus

Jun 15, 2009
Tehshi said:
I think the ability to do 4 player co-op is good., as long as your companions are not replaced with AI when you're alone, and it instead changes number/toughness of enemies to scale with the number of players. In other words, 4-Player co-op doesn't necessarily have to be L4D style. Also, considering it's Insomniac, they should be able to craft a better story than "Fight your way through a horde of zombies until you reach the rescue point. Repeat as many times as desired with no motivation other than playing the game more."
Looks like someone hates Left 4 Dead. Left 4 Dead is more than just fight your way through a horde of zombies it's all about the Co-op experience with your friends and I think that it is great.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Umm? All I saw was a live action teaser trailer with a story more interesting than anything I saw in the previous games. How did you get L4D from that? Is there some info the developers have released that I'm not aware of?

Anyways, I hope they do because that would be a pretty good idea, as long as it's not taking up too many ideas for Valve. Resistance all in all is a pretty generic shooter, and I'd welcome some thing fresh with the third installment considering R2 was a bit of a let down...=/

andreas3K

Feb 6, 2010
What do you mean with coop? Like a chicken coop? Or did you mean co-op as in co-operation?

It would be sad if they just copied L4D.