Poll: Robin Williams as the New Voice of Link Petition

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
While Robin Williams is awesome.
No.
Link doesn't need a voice.

Im fine with Him Grunting, yelling, gasping, and laughing.

Besides im trying to imagine him as Link and......i don't like it....

SirDerick

Nov 9, 2009
Link is a silent protagonist that grunts and yells alot.

You want to hire a big time voice actor for that?

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
I'm confused, isn't it Robin William's choice? This is rather creepy. He is in charge of his own career, not us.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Yes, we should have Robin Williams grunt and yell.

He's actually a Zelda fan, naming one of his children Zelda, so he actually might be up for it.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Link is a silent protagonist. He should never, ever, ever, ever have a voice actor. He's silent for a reason.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Pfff. Jennifer Hale should voice act link. She's voice acted pretty much everyone else ever, including (if I recall) some mostly silent protagonists who just go "urgh!" "hurk!" "yah!"

Hells, maybe she has voice acted Link.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Having Link talk is NOT a good idea. Seriously, not even Liam Neeson could make it seem right, and Liam Neeson can do anything! Besides, you remember what happened last time Link spoke, don't you? You don't? Good, because it never happened. But to give you a taste of the disater that was Link talking, I suppose I can break my taboo against this temporarily.

At the cost of my soul, I summon...THIS!

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!?! IS IT!?!

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
DarkRyter said:
Yes, we should have Robin Williams grunt and yell.

He's actually a Zelda fan, naming one of his children Zelda, so he actually might be up for it.
He might also be up for starring in a remake of When the Clown Cried. That doesn't mean he should do it.

Personally, I've stopped liking Robin Williams so much. I'm kind of tired of his improvised riffing schtick, incidentally, how would pop culture references in a Zelda game work?

I don't think this is the worst idea ever. I just find it an idea so pathetic, I can't understand why anyone would care one way or the other.

G-X

Nov 5, 2008
1. Link is a young teenager (?)
2. Robin Williams is 59 years old and sounds like he's 90.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
G-X said:
1. Link is a young teenager (?)
Yes. Usually around the age of 14 (though the age varies from game to game). It is highly unlikely that his age ever exceeds 19 at any point in the series.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
...This just might be the strangest petition I've ever seen. I don't think I would ever consider putting Link and Robin Williams in the same sentence. And yeah, Robin Williams is definitely NOT the voice I would want for Link.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
God dammit! Why did your thread for this have to be more successful than mine?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.228830-Robin-Williams-as-Link

Oh well. I tried this out if only for the lulz. Besides, I highly doubt it'll matter much. They don't actually have to give Link any lines. Just get Williams to to some grunts and grogs and that just be fine.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Yes, it would be hilarious. While we're at it, we should also make an Eva dub (he's a fan) where at least some of the characters are played by him, in his style of comedy (and if you think that's bad, I want a dub where everyone's played by Tommy Wiseau; imagine Gendo with that accent).

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Robin Williams as Tingle would be good enough for me, but in all honesty, a voice for Link is a bad idea. A BAD Idea.

I love the little scamp, but I don't want him doing wisecracks from any voice actor. YAA! and AHH! are good enough.