Poll: Roswell proven?

Cap'n Moe

Apr 14, 2009
MegatonDesign said:
Cap said:
This is a pure fabrication. I have been doing Memorandum's (MFR's or Memorandum for Record) in the AF for the past 9 years I have proudly served. Everything is accurate on this memo except the signature block, it is supposed to be (at that time period) 5 inches below the last line on the right hand side of the page to be in alignment with the end of text. It's been that way for years, even old memo's I have seen from that time period in old records. This was probably a test to see what a reaction they would get out of people. I could be wrong, but I was only pointing out what I gathered by looking at the memo here. Good find, though, i had no idea they declassified so much.
Meh, maybe. I don't really have any knowledge in memo authenticity, but it is on the FBI's own website. I don't see why the FBI would troll the internet.
I understand what you mean, but whats the best way to cover up the truth? Right out in the open, yeah these unclassed documents may be revealed, but many many more have not that may be directly linked to this saying otherwise. They have got to be careful what they reveal, we will never know the whole truth behind it all.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
...Did you get this from Weekly World News? Because there was a thread about this in R&P a couple days ago with the exact same thing, and it turned out the OP mistook WWN for a not joke site. That is what I am thinking this is.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Again, my good friend Bill also taught me a thing or two about UFOs...

Wow. What an asshole. He is so full of himself and so arrogant and ignorant about country people I can't find any humor in that.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
MegatonDesign said:
Greeting fellow escapees.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it turns out that an interesting memo has been posted regarding the Roswell alien incident.

http://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy Hottel Part 1 of 1/view

Some have been calling it absolute proof of aliens and of the cover up. I mean, this looks legit. what do you guys think?
Who gives a shit? Whether or not the FBI actually have an alien hidden somewhere won't change the fact that I have to go to school tomorrow.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Ghengis John said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Again, my good friend Bill also taught me a thing or two about UFOs...

Wow. What an asshole. He is so full of himself and so arrogant and ignorant about country people I can't find any humor in that.
He's not for everyone...

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Jordi said:
manythings said:
Jordi said:
One Hit Noob said:
Of course, if we humans saw anything pertaining to aliens, we would nuke em all. I think it is a good idea to cover it up.
Really? Unless they are from our solar system (which they aren't) I'm pretty sure we cannot even reach them with any nukes. Also, if they are able to travel here, but we cannot even travel to our own neighboring planets, chances are we don't want to piss them off.
Well it's like Steven Hawking said (I'm paraphrasing):
We know of one sentient technologically advanced species; Us and we're assholes so according to those odds any aliens we meet are likely to be as bad as us. What would we do if we encountered a technologically inferior group with stuff we can use?
I am not sure what your point is. Frankly, I find the logic that leads him to conclude that other aliens are likely to be assholes based on one example of a sentient species baffling. But even if we would accept that, what are you saying? The assholery is pretty much predicated on the fact that we are more powerful, and that it is relatively safe for us to act that way to other species.

If another species could reach our world, they are technologically far superior to us, so it would be incredibly stupid of us to do anything to them that would give them an extra incentive to exterminate us. If your point is that since they are sentient species and therefore assholes, they will be doing that anyway, then there is basically nothing we can do about that. Sure we could, would and should try to fight back, but striking pre-emptively against a vastly superior enemy (and perhaps unnecessarily provoking them) is stupid beyond belief.
Hawking said:
If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn?t turn out very well for the Native Americans
Hawking doesn't claim that aliens would most definitely be douch bags, only that there's a decent chance they would be. And considering that fighting them would be nigh impossible, and the chances that they would come bedecked in high tech goodies like an intergalactic Santa Claus is not so great...

Well, it isn't exactly a bullet proof idea to attempt to contact them.

Basically, he's just saying we might want to be a bit... cautious.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
It seems rather plain. Having read it, it seems as if some guy is in fact confirming the finding of "three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall," I seriously don't know what's up.

Could be anything, really. The file refers to a "so-called flying saucer." A bogus file, possibly by someone who misinterpreted information or whatever; or probably it was an old classiffied flying device that was piloted by little people (dwarfs) wearing funny suits, that got really, really hurt and disfigured in the crash.

Either way, that's proof of nothing.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Ham_authority95 said:
He's not for everyone...
Apparently a prerequisite for enjoying his show is the smugness that only the knowledge that you are inherently better than other people can bring.

AccursedTheory said:
Basically, he's just saying we might want to be a bit... cautious.
They don't call it the "Wisdom Principal" for nothing.

Slipped Mind

Apr 3, 2009
I went with "it's evidence of something we don't know enough about", who knows what to think?

My brother is a great believer in things like this, he has theories and stories and tells me about them often, however, I still wouldn't know what to believe.

Silliness.