Poll: RP Ideas, you choose. (Interest Thread)

Baldrek

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2008
Country
Norway
Hello there, thought I'd take the time to gauge any interest on a few RPs I have in the works and if anyone is interested in seeing them get up and running. If there's a suitable amount of interest in one of the RP ideas I'll ramp up the effort to see it finished and submitted as an RP here on the Escapist. If not, well, guess I'll just have to come back with better ideas next time.

Shapeshifter/Werewolf
An RP where the players will be playing as lycanthropes, either in a setting where werewolves are the only known type of lycanthropes or where there are other types alongside them. Will probably have both natural lycanthropes, which will be know as Shifters (short for shapeshifters), and afflicted lycanthropes, normally referred to as Werecreatures. There are two spins I can make on this, setting it in a contemporary world technology wise or setting it in a more medieval setting, and if you find this idea appealing I'd very much like you, the players/RPers, input on which of these two time periods you'd like to see.

The major theme will likely be the shifters existing as a hidden society, with lycanthropes existing alongside an overwhelming human majority and trying their best to keep a low key. Depending on the characters in question, and whether we're talking about shifters or weres, it would also be fairly character driven.

Modern Oriental Fantasy
A setting where beings from oriental myth and fantasy live alongside the humans of today, though not with their knowledge. A setting where a centuries old fox would feel about as home as a serpentine dragon, or even a naga [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C4%81ga] or kirin [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin] (or qilin depending on which spelling one prefers).
I'm still not entirely sure exactly where in the world I'll set this specific RP (feedback on that would be appreciated), but I might set it in a fictional modern day America. In addition, there would be no beings from western myth included in this setting, the beings either completely wiped out centuries ago in Europe, or them simply being different interpretations of the oriental creatures.

Again there are two main ways the plot of this can be laid out, depending on what people might want. One is to have the creatures be revealed to the world around as the RP starts up, playing through the phase when humanity is again exposed to the mythological beings around them and how they react towards them. Or it could be about how they try to keep their existence a guarded secret, doing what is within their power to keep a tight lid on the society of beings living beneath the surface of the modern world.

Horror on the Eastern Front
A bit of an old horror/survival RP that's been laying around for the better part of a year or two, and so might require a bit of polish to bring up to scratch. Set during the Red Army's advance through Romania/Hungary in 1944 (or at least a fictional version of it) the players would play as both German and Soviet conscripts trapped in an old castle in the mountains of that region when strange happenings start to haunt the two rival groups. The main focus will be character interaction between the groups, will they try to set aside their differences and help each other survive? Or will the war and their ideological differences keep them split apart even as their numbers start to dwindle?

Something else please?
Also a valid response. If nothing really appeals to you, let me know and I'll take it into consideration for later, any critique or feedback is appreciated.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Hmm... horror and I get along about as well as identically charged magnets, so my vote would go to one of the other two options. Having said that... I'm not sure I can see much that drives the characters, plot-wise I mean, in either of the first two. They both seem like, well, just settings as opposed to a combination of setting and plot.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I know little to nothing about Oriental mythology, but a horror RP sounds interesting as always. Although, I voted for the were wolves as I just love werewolves :\

Both settings, however, seem to be a bit odd of a choice. Go medieval and I see werewolves overpowering everything. Modern day just has guns that wreck our wolfy shit. I'd go for a compromise, perhaps Flintlock era? If I had to choose between just the two, I guess I'd go modern day.

However, as CA pointed out, these are merely settings, I'd have to see a plot to these things before proceeding too far...

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Horror on the Eastern front sounds mighty interesting for me since I love both World War II military history and horror. All my votes for the Eastern horror because that's something I seldom see around here.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
put me down for the 'ball of fur and murder' crowd, cause it's the only one there that really interested me.

other things that will get my attention, Super Powers, that's pretty much an instant do want for me

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
it be interested in the were{insert animal of choice] option, wereboar sounds like a cool idea in my opinion.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
nuba km said:
it be interested in the were{insert animal of choice] option, wereboar sounds like a cool idea in my opinion.
Were-Tardigrades! (because why the heck not)

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
nuba km said:
So basically Animorphs without the badass aliens. I'd be a wereshark.

Such a beautiful creature.

Rogue Trooper

Oct 25, 2012
Horrors on the Eastern Front would be a good RP, haven't seen anything really worthwhile on this board recently.