Poll: RPG Class

Thirsk

Jan 18, 2009
I picked 'Other', because it's different depending on the type of RPG. If it's a hack 'n' slash, I'm a warrior because I like being in the frey, hitting stuff. If it's a single-player computer RPG, like Dragon Age or Baldur's Gate, I'm usually a mage because casting spells offers more variety, I find.

If it's pen 'n' paper or live action, I usually play as whacky roles that doesn't fit in one of those cathegories because they're more fun to roleplay, I think.

Biffy Cakeo

May 24, 2010
Healer! I like the 'thx' I get and the odd insult because "I'm not doing my job." Then again this was Guild Wars and a crap Me/A. Mo/X was my class.

obliviondoll

May 27, 2010
You missed out stealth and non-magic ranged classes completely. That being Hunter/Ranger and Rogue.

Although Rogues can sometimes be specced as fast and strong like your Warrior listing (which would be a more appropriate title for what you called Tank, by the way).

For me, depends heavily on both the game I'm playing and the mood I'm in, as well as slightly on whether it's single- or multiplayer.

Single player I experiment with characters a lot, but usually aim for extreme ends of the spectrum, focusing heavily on doing high damage as a Mage, focusing on insane durability as a warrior/tank, and focusing all the way on speed as a ranged character (keep out of reach) and stealth as a stealth-based class.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
I normally play the small fire lizard class. Normally mischievous and unlikely to be a hero, but able to breathe fire and save the day in a quick pinch.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Always magic. Magic looks a lot nicer than sword attacks and stuff, and on most games they have pretty cool effects, like the Warlock stuff on WoW, Walking Bomb on Dragon Age, that sort of shizz.
Although the Adept class on Mass Effect is terrible.
To be more specific, if there's a summon-based class on the game, I usually go for that.

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
I usually play ranged spell classes.
eg. my character is a warlock in WoW, and my hero was a mage in Dragon Age

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
I'm a melee dps man. I rolled a rogue when I played WoW. I always got yelled at for running ahead of the group just because I COULD.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Hybrids are generally what I end up playing. I tend to blend either mage and tanking or mage and warrior. Rarely do I ever play something without a magical bent in one way or another.

Zeldadudes

Sep 12, 2008
I'm always a Healer or a Tank.
The point is that you always need a healer or a Tank whereas a Dps class is always available, wouldn't you agree? :)

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Rogues. Just can't get enough of that sneaking around.

Kair said:
It's a real shame that so few people prefer to be healers/support.
No less than tanks or Charmander. Besides that is a good spread. You generally need one tank per healer and 2-3 damage people per tank. So this graph is almost a perfect spread. Besides, this graph is asking for RPG, not MMORPG. I don't even know why healer is on there. I haven't play an RPG where you can chose to be a healer, specialize in healing as a wizard yeah but not straight up healing.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Enough magic to heal myself (unless there's regenerating health) and beyond that a speedy swordsman who is also a really good archer.

Well, only if arrows can kill in one shot, because otherwise they aren't fun.

Sirch.Cajnos

Oct 27, 2009
Jedoro said:
Warrior

I like to smack people around with a big sword.
Overcompensating?

OT: i prioritize ability to avoid attacks more than dealing them out, so i tend to go for rouge/stealthy bastard more than "I HAZ BIG SWORD I HIT YOU WITH IT NOW" In shooters i tend to go more towards the sniper classes, hence my fav class in mass effect two is the inflitrator.

Relaver

Jun 5, 2010
Palidins are more my thing, smacking things with a sword but also having the freedom to set things on fire and heal myself.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Rogue - in the D&D sense, or perhaps a Bard. Mostly because I have no delusions about my ability to perform feats of strength and in real life I tend to be somewhat proficient at a wide variety of tasks and rarely seek to master any one in particular.

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
I usually enjoy healing, support, or hybrid classes, though single-player RPGs don't typically allow for the player character to be set up like this (or it's extremely difficult to do so). Generally speaking, I like to be the backbone of a group that provides support for everyone, so I roll some sort of hybrid setup that allows me to heal and otherwise assist the group.